• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Now that I've had time for this to sink in, I'm gonna throw out some speculation.

I think Contests may be done, and Musicals wont be a second quest. With Iris being a game character relating to Dragon Pokemon, I just can't see it anymore.

So I think BW be very Kanto like in that the Rockets will go back to stealing Pikachu and stuff, as has been hinted at before. However, Tomioka has thought of plenty of things for them to do before, so I'm not too concerned. It's just a shame that we'll be losing a great shippy outlet.

Onto the new uniforms. Obviously something went down in Kanto, or Sakaki wouldn't look different. I can only guess Musashi and Kojiro got promoted for some reason, because I really don't have a clue why else they'd change them. Perhaps Sakaki knows who they are now so that's why he sends them on a special Isshu mission? We're bound to see the real Sakaki a few times or he wouldn't get a new design, so I can only guess he thinks of them in a good sense.

I know Musashi and Kojiro look badass, but come on, we know they're not. :p So I'm not too concerned about Rocketshipping dying or anything. With today's episode having that fear handhold, I think we'll just be getting more of that stuff (a a fearhug please) again. The storyboarder, Hitoyuki Matsui, first came on with DP153, so I think we can guess what this person is all about. :)

I'm probably way off base with this next part, but I think a new storyboarder being brought in and giving us fanservice right away bodes very well for us. If Tomioka wanted to move away from that, you'd think something would've been said to not do that due to how long it's been since we've gotten this random touching on a consistent basis.

My theroy is that this person was given a character bio sheet (which I'm sure must have happened anyway) and there was a small mention that Musashi and Kojiro are very close and get a little touchy feely from time to time. There must have been something like that in Kanto as well. You wouldn't think a whole group of people would just randomly decide that they should be acting like this. A few yes, but there were too many people involved in Kanto.

But I digress. tl;dr, I think we're going to be moving in a very Kanto like direction of more fanservice, and with Tomioka still at the helm, I think we'll get some great character moments as well. :)

Wow, I've been gone for...what, a month, now? But I didn't expect to miss so much! ^^; New episodes, new outfits...I've got a lot of catching up to do! :sweatlol:

Since I don't really feel like going back however many pages I missed, I'm just going to assume that you guys have been talking about Rocketshippy-related stuff, and I'll just move onto my opinion of the new character designs.

At first, they really caught me off guard--not really the fact that they'd gotten new outfits (I was sort've expecting that), but the fact that their outfits aren't white anymore. I mean, it's not that I don't like the new outfits (because they do look pretty awesome), but I thought that the point of their outfits being white had something to do with their individuality, or something like that? And why, after 13 seasons, did they decide to change the color of their outfits, when (at least in the English dub, I'm not sure about the Japanese version) Jessie & James had made it clear that they didn't like the regular TR uniforms? Not to mention the fact that now Sakaki's being brought back into the picture (I love his new outfit, though; orange just wasn't his color, imo :sweatlol:). I'm curious to see if there's going to be any relationship between Sakaki being brought back into the picture, and the TRio's new outfits (which there probably will be). And if there is a relationship between these two factors, what made Sakaki finally take notice of them? (If I'm remembering correctly, at the beginning of DP, when they contacted Sakaki, he didn't even remember who they were, and I doubt that he'd go out of his way to promote a team that he doesn't even remember.)

And I don't know if it's just me, but something looks...off, about Musashi's face. Maybe I just have to get used to the new character designs. ^^;

(I'm really going to miss the white uniforms, though...T.T)

It also looks like I've got a few episodes to catch up on, too. (I heard that Satoshi lost badly to that guy with the Darkrai, though--this is why they don't allow legendaries in tournaments! :sweatlol:) But I took a look at the caps, and they're really cute! ^_^ (I loved the handhold one! ^__^) I honestly don't remember Kojirou ever sitting in front in the sub (or on anything that required the three of them to peddle, really). Unless you want to count that one time they switched bodies in the 9th movie...:sweatlol:

I guess that's as much as I can contribute for now! ^^;

I promised myself I won't reply now, but some thought just keep me deconcentrated and I need to release them...

Wow, we have a lot to cover. Let's start off with the big news... NEW UNIFORMS!

chara_img07.gif

I was right about a change, but I didn't expect this! I was almost gonna guess gray. Now they look like they came right off the TCG package!
I almost cried when I first saw them. And I feel unhappy now too...
I guess you all know the reason :( Not only it feels bad for my inner nostalgia fag and fetishist (yes, white pants), I feel bad for Shudo. He definitely feels hurt now :( You know how white color was symbolic here.

They better come out with a good excuse why they'd change the color. I think (I hope) that they will still stand out among other member of TR as the cut is still theirs. It makes me think whether other members will get new uniforms too (I bet we will see Yamato and Kosaburo this gen too). I think yes, especially if Sakaki got new clothes too.

Visually, these uniforms look ok, but I can't help but think that it kinda looks like they did their laundry in too high temperature (as they shrunk) and with dark things. Because it seriously looks like their old uniforms, just messed up :sweatlol:

I know I'm being silly whining on the color... If they will be just the same old Rockets (from DP, from DP!), then I guess the external look won't matter this much. After all, they're our Rockets and they will stand out, right? ;-)

But seriously, whoever drew this "art", was a bad artist :/ I hope that they will look far better in the anime xD;

Oh, and one more thing for people who might think that Kojiro standing before Musashi could mean that he gets more important in BW.
You need to remember that Musashi is still above Kojiro in the cast list^^;

And I think I know why he's standing before her here. It's because of their poses:
a) the artist would have to keep them too far away from each other (and he definitely didn't want to do it... I also love how he didn't put Nyasu between them ;D)
or
b) THIS would happen :sweatlol:
46491229.jpg

Wrong, isn't it? ;-)

I don't even know where to begin with speculation of what this means for them...
Yes, I got a mindfuck too... Everything seems so Kantoish... I just hope that it won't get too Kantoish and the writers won't mess up with Musashi and Kojiro's characters... Eh, I got all pessimistic after seeing dark uniforms... :eek:hdear:

so let's move on to the new episode. It ended up very much a Yonemura episode. Pretty much like DP153 actually. I had a bit of trouble getting the caps for the Rocket parts, so excuse the fluctuating quality.

DP190_1.jpg

DP190_2.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was nothing, but it sure does look cute!

DP190_3.jpg

More of that Yonemura humor. There was also another scene where Musashi was grabbing him and he kinda pushed her away.

DP190_4.jpg

Now for the main highlight of the episode, a handhold! Woo! Of course I couldn't get an HD pic of this... -_-

DP190_5.jpg

But thankfully, the camera zoomed in!

DP190_6.jpg

This last shot is purely for nostalgia. This is probably the last time we'll see them pose in these outfits, and the last we'll see of Kojiro's rose. ;_;
OBJECTION! Why would it happen? T__T

And omg, I didn't see this episode yet, but just from pictures I can tell that it looks like Kanto Rocketshipping... If I didn't know it was Yonemura writing, who loves Kanto humor, I'd say that this is the sindication of what Rocketshipping's going to look like in BW :sweatlol: I wish they could get more of random touching in DP, but only if it's treaten like addition to DP-like character development.

But I digress. tl;dr, I think we're going to be moving in a very Kanto like direction of more fanservice, and with Tomioka still at the helm, I think we'll get some great character moments as well. :)
I hope you're right about it :)

But I don't think I like the idea of Musashi not getting a second quest and TRio getting more serious about their stealing job. That wouldn't be very interesting would it? D: I hope that we will still get lots of character development in spite of this.

And still, it's at least a few weeks until we find out more D:

EDIT:
Going back to the new look of TR, might I offer up this little bit of speculation?

They're not grey. They're not white, as they used to be, not black as many of the other TR agents and grunts we've seen have been. I'd say the use of grey so as not to favour either black or white was quite intentional. No idea what it means for the future though.
Hmm, that's interesting point of view. At least they're not black, so the cokor will be still different, just not as visibly...It looks like designers wanted to change their uniforms, but didn't have any better ideas for cut, so they'd just change the color (and did a few other minor changes). They really might think that switching to black would be too much.

Ok, I babbled a little and I feel better. I hope that the new uniforms will grow on me soon ;)

Last edited:
46491229.jpg

Wrong, isn't it? ;-)

Looks right to me! :-D

OBJECTION! Why would it happen? T__T

Because he's holding a monster ball and not a rose.

*waits for the anime to prove me wrong*

And still, it's at least a few weeks until we find out more D:

Actually, a bunch of our questions should be answered next week since Sakaki is in the episode.

I also have some good news to share. Our Rocketshippy storyboarder will be doing next week's episode! :-D Let's hope for more handholding, or maybe even a hug again!

Edit: Pokemon Sunday aired a new DP191 preview, and the Rockets were in it! They were being blasted off by a kickass Volt Tackle/Hydro Pump combo:

DP191ps_4.jpg

This pic gives me hope we'll get some cute Musashi/Kojiro moment. And Manene better be out as well since everyone else is!

Last edited:
I really wonder what's gonna happen in the next episode. Will they get yana kanji'd at the beginning of the ep, or the end of it? Will they get the new clothes from Sakaki already? Most importantly, what will happen to their Sinnoh team, and when? T_T Soo confused.

Edit: Pokemon Sunday aired a new DP191 preview, and the Rockets were in it! They were being blasted off by a kickass Volt Tackle/Hydro Pump combo:

DP191ps_4.jpg

This pic gives me hope we'll get some cute Musashi/Kojiro moment. And Manene better be out as well since everyone else is!

*puts on shipping goggles* Well, they are standing really close to each other, and have the same expression, I think there is a good chance that something shippy will happen. :)

I really wonder what's gonna happen in the next episode. Will they get yana kanji'd at the beginning of the ep, or the end of it? Will they get the new clothes from Sakaki already? Most importantly, what will happen to their Sinnoh team, and when? T_T Soo confused.

Honestly, it doesn't seem that there would be enough time for all those things, especially if they are going to leave their sinnoh team somewhere. I'm hoping that maybe Sakaki will call them and assign them a new mission in Isshu? Then they can clasp hands out of happiness :-D

And welcome back, KM! <3

Awww thanks guys, I feel so loved! :DDD<3

Onto the new uniforms. Obviously something went down in Kanto, or Sakaki wouldn't look different. I can only guess Musashi and Kojiro got promoted for some reason, because I really don't have a clue why else they'd change them. Perhaps Sakaki knows who they are now so that's why he sends them on a special Isshu mission? We're bound to see the real Sakaki a few times or he wouldn't get a new design, so I can only guess he thinks of them in a good sense.

I have to agree with all of this.

Something makes me believe that Sakaki and the whole Rocket Organization have a big-ger role because they (as a whole team) may have something to do with the other team (Plasma Dan?) and have a sort of rivalry possibly...
Anyways, this is one of those 'wait-and-see' type things. :p

46491229.jpg

Wrong, isn't it? ;-)

Hehehe, I LOVE this! XD<333

Because he's holding a monster ball and not a rose.

*waits for the anime to prove me wrong*
:/

Hopefully that's just the art because I don't see why he would have his rose...

Actually, a bunch of our questions should be answered next week since Sakaki is in the episode.

I also have some good news to share. Our Rocketshippy storyboarder will be doing next week's episode! :-D Let's hope for more handholding, or maybe even a hug again!

DP191ps_4.jpg

...Seems like this episode will be epic! :D
Sakaki being in the episode AND our Rocketshippy story boarder?!

I have high-hopes <3

....I can see the episode being something like this:
http://www.filb.de/anime/eppics/ag/132/page/2

Last edited:
Only thing missing in the pic with the new uniforms is James holding a rose and that adorable Meowth in between them :-D

The Oha preview for tonight gives us something to possibly squee over!

DP191oha_2.jpg

Looks like they're holding hands to me! Can't wait to see the final motto. :-D

And looking at what I said last week...

Looks like Yuji Asada (sorry, had to remove the link due to the fact my site is down) isn't letting us down. :-D

Last edited:
Awww thanks guys, I feel so loved! :DDD<3
I'm glad you came back <333

I have to agree with all of this.

Something makes me believe that Sakaki and the whole Rocket Organization have a big-ger role because they (as a whole team) may have something to do with the other team (Plasma Dan?) and have a sort of rivalry possibly...
Anyways, this is one of those 'wait-and-see' type things. :p
It should have been done eons ago, but it looks like it may happen now. Maybe Team Rocket will become rivals to Team Plasma? And it could be treaten like... second quest? ;) Contests are done, Musicals don't seem to be a big thing, so what else can the Rockets do besides spying on twerps and trying to catch Pikachu? It can turn in really interesting way :)

Hehehe, I LOVE this! XD<333
Hehe, thanks XD

...Seems like this episode will be epic! :D
Sakaki being in the episode AND our Rocketshippy story boarder?!

I have high-hopes <3

....I can see the episode being something like this:
http://www.filb.de/anime/eppics/ag/132/page/2
Well, I don't think so... In this episode, the Rockets were nothing but goofy villains serving the purpose of comic reliefs, and after seeing preview pics for tomorrow's episode, they look so bad-ass... So I think they will be a lot more serious here ;)

I'm getting more excited with every minute :D

Looks like they're holding hands to me! Can't wait to see the final motto.
I love the picture, but I don't see any handhold here... :(

I love the picture, but I don't see any handhold here... :(

Ok, so I missed Kojiro's elbow up there on the left. :p But they still look very cute and it's interesting how Nyasu pops up after that, so they can possibly still have some cute thing.

Edit: Ha, just realized that Kojiro is in front again...

Edit 2: One other thing. Sakaki will be in this episode and as you can see he's still in his orange suit. So I'm thinking there must be a time skip at this point. Maybe he's about to make some big changes to the Rockets, then when BW starts some time has past and everyone is in new outfits.

Last edited:
I promised myself I won't reply now, but some thought just keep me deconcentrated and I need to release them...
And I think I know why he's standing before her here. It's because of their poses:
a) the artist would have to keep them too far away from each other (and he definitely didn't want to do it... I also love how he didn't put Nyasu between them ;D)
or
46491229.jpg

Wrong, isn't it? ;-)

The picture you posted is true.Those are the new Team Rocket uniforms.Says it on PokeBeach...

Sorry for popping in.

The Oha preview for tonight gives us something to possibly squee over!

DP191oha_2.jpg

Looks like they're holding hands to me! Can't wait to see the final motto. :-D

<3

Holy shit! This looks epic! :D

I

Well, I don't think so... In this episode, the Rockets were nothing but goofy villains serving the purpose of comic reliefs, and after seeing preview pics for tomorrow's episode, they look so bad-ass... So I think they will be a lot more serious here ;)

I'm getting more excited with every minute :D

I only meant the scenario of the episode though. :3

Heheh, ( The Rockets heading back to Head Quarters, see Sakaki, etc. )

Edit 2: One other thing. Sakaki will be in this episode and as you can see he's still in his orange suit. So I'm thinking there must be a time skip at this point. Maybe he's about to make some big changes to the Rockets, then when BW starts some time has past and everyone is in new outfits.
Yeah, there may be a time skip, but I don't think it will be too long. Do you think that Sakaki will be the one who will decide that they'll change their uniforms, or Musashi and Kojiro will decide it on their own, because since the organisation is going to change, they have to change too?

The picture you posted is true.Those are the new Team Rocket uniforms.Says it on PokeBeach...
Not really, since I edited it myself :lol: But yeah, those uniforms are true, we know about it :p

I only meant the scenario of the episode though. :3

Heheh, ( The Rockets heading back to Head Quarters, see Sakaki, etc. )
Oh, ok :D And you have a nice sig :3

Do you think that Sakaki will be the one who will decide that they'll change their uniforms, or Musashi and Kojiro will decide it on their own, because since the organisation is going to change, they have to change too?

I'm guessing it's Sakaki.

On to today's episode! Nothing much but a bunch of foreshadowing...

So the Rockets are starving on route 202 until Delibird comes by! He delivers some and the Rockets call Kanto and get some new lady. She tells them about a new mission or something because they then get happy and cry.

DP191_1.jpg

DP191_2.jpg

Though it's sad they think they're actually important.

DP191_3.jpg

And here's a fun out of context picture.

But back in Kanto Sakaki sits in a room (see picture from earlier) and looks at their file...

DP191_4.jpg

You got a sense that something bad is about to happen to them. Also, lol that Kojiro's picture is first.

So now they're off to capture the twerps Pokemon.

DP191_5.jpg

For some reason Nyasu is standing by himself as Musashi and Kojiro come in on the balloon. (But this is a Tomioka episode. Lots of Nyasu being third wheel stuff.)

DP191_6.jpg

So everyone except Manene comes out to fight. We don't get the motto, just those cool poses from earlier. (And I swear it looks like Musashi and Kojiro are stepping on Sonansu.)

So they get blasted off but don't care because of their new mission.

DP191_7.jpg

Goodbye everyone except Manene! I'll miss you all and those white uniforms. Its been a fun ride.

And now for the moment we've all been waiting for...

BWRockets.jpg

BWRockets2.jpg

It's the Rockets in their new uniforms! They look pretty badass, and that second picture is pretty cute. :)

Last edited:
Today's episode had nice rocket scenes, and it was cool to see Delibird again. (I love the Johto episode it debuted in!) Cute cry hug is cute.

Kinda sad that our first anime clip of the rockets is not a close-up... not even a normal shot! :p I want to see them up close, just to know how their eyes really look. <3

And now for the moment we've all been waiting for...

BWRockets.jpg

BWRockets2.jpg

It's the Rockets in their new uniforms! They look pretty badass, and that second picture is pretty cute. :)
So they showed them after all! :-D They look awesome! Just too bad it's still not close-up :/ I want to see their faces :<

And why I'm not surprised that Kojiro is in charge again? ;)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom