• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

^ Thank you :eek:.

Well if there was enough space then we'd see his head. :p I know the chain of events, but you can't hug someone's head and still hug another person's head at the same time.

He would have a goddam long head! XD Meowth has a small body, he could fit in there. I'm sure I can hug someone while holding my cat xD! Why would Jessie's arms be that open on the first pic anyway? Would you rotate your left arm far away to hug someone in front of you? Unless Jessie has tourettes or something.

So she doesn't hit his head.

Sorry guys, the screenshot clearly proves she's only hugging him. I went over this a year ago and looked over the scene many times.

Nyasu's head just turned to look at them.

Funny how shippers are always so delusional, but when something actually happens they cannot believe their eyes.

Musa, /I/ just went over it.

She's hugging Meowth, too. Seriously, she is. Reaching her arms out that wide to /not/ hit Meowth? His head moves /into/ the the hug; it moves with her motion. And her arm doesn't come into view until Meowth is in view. Meaning she got it back once /she/ was clear of him.

Musashi, she would hit Meowth even more by rotating her arm!

I'm a super shipper, but it's obvious she's thanking both. It's sad, I totally agree on that XD! I still consider she enjoyed hugging James more ^o^. Maybe she used Meowth not to be too obvious too ;P.

It looks like a group hug to me, though it could easily be interpreted either way. Although it's true that you can see her sleeve behind Koji's head, you can also see Meowth lean in, and it looks as if Musashi's arm goes around him as well. Maybe the animators didn't know what they were doing, themselves :p

If you look at the scene closely though, you can see that Meowth also throws up his arms, as if he's going to join the hug, and then he leans in. Although I wish it were otherwise, this really looks like a trio hug to me.

((By the way, hi! I've lurked this thread forever and only just got up the guts to post ^^; I probably won't post regularly because you are all so eloquent, I don't feel there is much that I can add. But I'm a mega shipper, and I'll be lurking on this thread for sure!))

Welcome :3! Just post some crap if you feel like it, I like to discuss random stuff when I come back from work lol. I actually check the thread every day when I arrive xD.

(This is my first BulbaGardens post ever. :) )
Welcome to the thread and enjoy your stay here :)

So if I may dive right in and bring something up(Ive been lurking on this thread for a while now, I just never joined until now) In episode 30 of Best Wishes Musashi stated that she liked Kojiro's new tough, impudent, and strong nature(I think those are the words she used). Has this been discussed yet?
Hehe, we wish she could say that about Kojiro... because in fact, this description could fit him as well! XD I think that she likes him better the way he is now than he used to, anyway ;)

Here's a thought: Should Kojiro and Musashi have children?
Eh, it might be just my personal bias, but I don't want them to have children... Of course it's their life, and if they will have them, then it's all ok with me XD I think they would be good parents too :) I just can't see them settling down - have a house with a garden and a cat (xD) and bunch of happy kids all of sudden. I just want them to be free bitches for now XD They should have fun while they're still young! (and why yes, they're 25 forever xD)

Now this probably wont ever happen in the anime, (without the use of time travel) but I was wondering. What if (early or late)DP Musashi met BW Kojiro, and (early or late)DP Kojiro met BW Musashi? What kind of interactions would go on? What kind of Rocketshipping would we get? And I suppose this question does not have to be exactly DP and BW. Maybe even back to their Kanto days. You see, I have been wondering alot lately. What would be their reactions to meeting their future selves?
That's a very interesting and creative question! :D

So, I'm gonna reply to it like this.

Scene #1
Characters: AG/Early DP Musashi, BW Kojiro.
Musashi (watches Kojiro in action with hearts in her eyes): Now that's the partner I need to succed on catching Pikachu! He's nothing like that loser I'm currently working with! HE'S THE REAL MAN!
Kojiro: Please remain silent, you're a disturbance.

Scene #2
Characters: AG/early DP Kojiro, BW Musashi
Kojiro (watches Musashi in action, lost in thoughts): She's cool. She doesn't scream at me nor hit me. This is to good to be true, though. There must be something fishy in here... Yes, I bet it.
Musashi: Don't just stand like that, we have to keep moving!
Kojiro: Uh... right. *thinking* Here she comes... I bet we will fail in any minute and she will scream at me that it's my fault!

So yeah... I don't think we would get any Rocketshipping like that. They just wouldn't be compatible with each other ^^;

I've been sick the past few days so I don't want to answer the topic right now, but I did want to share something cute from today's episode.

1307614847316.jpg

I love how they're all "Yay! :-D" about it. XD
Call me silly, but I actually squealed a bit, when I saw it XD I just think it's cute, nice to see such scenes again ^^

Lol yeah Kojiro is looking at Musa ;P. He also happens to have a camel toe XD!
I don't see how he's checking her out, but whatever xD; But Kojiro CAN'T have a camel toe and you know it ;P

And indeed, Meowth is included in the hug. She sweeps them both up; Meowth's head moves with the action. It's a trio hug.
It's animation. They can do what they want.
I will reply with your own words.

^ Thank you :eek:.
He would have a goddam long head! XD Meowth has a small body, he could fit in there. I'm sure I can hug someone while holding my cat xD! Why would Jessie's arms be that open on the first pic anyway? Would you rotate your left arm far away to hug someone in front of you? Unless Jessie has tourettes or something.
Nyasu is bigger than a normal cat. He has a hella huge head, even bigger than a human's. Musashi's arm isn't that long to hug Nyasu's head and STILL appear behind Kojiro's head.

I agree she opened her arms in a strange way at the beginning. This hug is very confusing to begin with. I bet they showed it at this angle just to troll us and have fiery discussion about whether she hugged both or just Kojiro. Crafty animators are crafty xD (and that was the animation director considered as the best one...)

So she doesn't hit his head.

Sorry guys, the screenshot clearly proves she's only hugging him. I went over this a year ago and looked over the scene many times.
At the beginning I was sure that she's hugging Nyasu as well. But once I saw that picture with her second arm in sight, I changed my mind completely.

Nyasu's head just turned to look at them.

Funny how shippers are always so delusional, but when something actually happens they cannot believe their eyes.
Lol, I know! XD

Musa, /I/ just went over it.

She's hugging Meowth, too. Seriously, she is. Reaching her arms out that wide to /not/ hit Meowth? His head moves /into/ the the hug; it moves with her motion. And her arm doesn't come into view until Meowth is in view. Meaning she got it back once /she/ was clear of him.
Yeah, and then her second arm magically showed behind Kojiro's head :rolleyes: His head moves, because otherwise, he'd stare into a blank space and that would just look stupid, so he stared at them.

And Luna, just because you're a mod here doesn't mean that your word is a word of God in the shipping section... We're trying to discuss it, while you're just cutting it off, saying "it's like this and this, because I say so. End of discussion".

It looks like a group hug to me, though it could easily be interpreted either way. Although it's true that you can see her sleeve behind Koji's head, you can also see Meowth lean in, and it looks as if Musashi's arm goes around him as well. Maybe the animators didn't know what they were doing, themselves :p
I guess they just thought "Let's animate it the way to let everyone see what they want to see".

Whether she hugged Nyasu or not is questionable, but for sure we can say that she had both of her hands around Kojiro's head ;D

I guess we should all just agree to disagree, because this is getting nowhere.

((By the way, hi! I've lurked this thread forever and only just got up the guts to post ^^; I probably won't post regularly because you are all so eloquent, I don't feel there is much that I can add. But I'm a mega shipper, and I'll be lurking on this thread for sure!))
Welcome abroad and have a nice stay :3 And lol about us being eloquent xD;

Yeah, and then her second arm magically showed behind Kojiro's head :rolleyes: His head moves, because otherwise, he'd stare into a blank space and that would just look stupid, so he stared at them.

And Luna, just because you're a mod here doesn't mean that your word is a word of God in the shipping section... We're trying to discuss it, while you're just cutting it off, saying "it's like this and this, because I say so. End of discussion".
It's got nothing to do with me being a mod here; it's not a mod foot going, "This is what happened; end of story grrrrr." It's because I'm the shipping project leader on the Pedia. :B I have to review things that get called into question there. Which this is. Say and believe what you want (you can't change opinion or shipping goggles), but when it comes to there, I'm the one who has to see things objectively and if they are, in fact, evidence. I've also got nothing to gain or lose from pointing out that you guys might (and I believe are) wrong on this. Why else would I step into the discussion? It's not for my health and it's not against any rules to debate your own hints.

Meowth's head moves at the same time she pulls in James; Meowth and James are in perfect sync with the motion, which bleeds from quick to slow at the same time for both of them. Meaning she's squeezing them together at the same time; if it was really him looking at them, his timing wouldn't match James in ever aspect. His head wouldn't be at the angle it was. And why would he move again when she releases her embrace, instead of staying where he was, since he's already looking at her? A tip of the head would have gotten him a view of the ribbon, not a body shift. If you take the animation for what it is, then the animators would have moved Meowth outside of Jessie's body range to show clearly he's not inside the hug. Otherwise, it's all timed too perfectly with the same exact tug motions for both of them, even as the fast action bleeds into a slow one. They share the same speed when she pulls them in.

The moment the sleeve is captured is during the moments she's opening her arms away. It's also caught at a moment that requires a lot of quick capping. If it's a mistake that her sweeping arm can miss Meowth, then it can be a mistake that her sleeve appears (stuff like that happens allll the time, even in Pokémon). If you accept one, you should accept the other. Otherwise, your goggles are still on and you're seeing only what you want. *shrug* It could even be guessed she pulled Meowth into a hug with James, meaning her arms encircles both, and her hands were by James.

'Cuz if there's anything I know about the trio, it's that they love each other. Meowth included. They're friends; why would she not hug him, too, when he's right there at both their heights? Why would they put him on the table, right there in easy reach? They could have put him on the floor next to James, if they wanted to be clear.

Except this has absolutely nothing to do with the Pedia. We have no intention of editing it with this, so there's no reason for you to get involved.

It's got nothing to do with me being a mod here; it's not a mod foot going, "This is what happened; end of story grrrrr."
Well, sorry, but I got such vibe from it.

Say and believe what you want (you can't change opinion or shipping goggles), but when it comes to there, I'm the one who has to see things objectively and if they are, in fact, evidence. I've also got nothing to gain or lose from pointing out that you guys might (and I believe are) wrong on this. Why else would I step into the discussion? It's not for my health and it's not against any rules to debate your own hints.

Meowth's head moves at the same time she pulls in James; Meowth and James are in perfect sync with the motion, which bleeds from quick to slow at the same time for both of them. Meaning she's squeezing them together at the same time; if it was really him looking at them, his timing wouldn't match James in ever aspect. His head wouldn't be at the angle it was. And why would he move again when she releases her embrace, instead of staying where he was, since he's already looking at her? A tip of the head would have gotten him a view of the ribbon, not a body shift. If you take the animation for what it is, then the animators would have moved Meowth outside of Jessie's body range to show clearly he's not inside the hug. Otherwise, it's all timed too perfectly with the same exact tug motions for both of them, even as the fast action bleeds into a slow one. They share the same speed when she pulls them in.

The moment the sleeve is captured is during the moments she's opening her arms away. It's also caught at a moment that requires a lot of quick capping. If it's a mistake that her sweeping arm can miss Meowth, then it can be a mistake that her sleeve appears (stuff like that happens allll the time, even in Pokémon). If you accept one, you should accept the other. Otherwise, your goggles are still on and you're seeing only what you want. *shrug* It could even be guessed she pulled Meowth into a hug with James, meaning her arms encircles both, and her hands were by James.
In that case, just please let us have our opinion and refrain from judging us whether we have shipping goggles or not. Having your own opinion is ok, but saying stuff like this isn't.

And yes, what we're doing right now, is debating (we were debating over this 1,5 years ago too), it's not like we're scared of debating.

'Cuz if there's anything I know about the trio, it's that they love each other. Meowth included. They're friends; why would she not hug him, too, when he's right there at both their heights? Why would they put him on the table, right there in easy reach? They could have put him on the floor next to James, if they wanted to be clear.
That's true and you have a point here. But still, if the animators wanted to make it REALLY obvious, I think they would have showed the scene from another angle, to make it clear that Nyasu is in the hug too. Intead, they concentrated to just showing Kojiro being hug, while Nyasu is barely even visible here.

I don't see how he's checking her out, but whatever xD; But Kojiro CAN'T have a camel toe and you know it ;P
Yer, I'd rather say he's simply looking at her. By the way, Kojiro has the power of generating camel toes on command! Didn't you know that? :eek:

Nyasu is bigger than a normal cat. He has a hella huge head, even bigger than a human's. Musashi's arm isn't that long to hug Nyasu's head and STILL appear behind Kojiro's head.

I agree she opened her arms in a strange way at the beginning. This hug is very confusing to begin with. I bet they showed it at this angle just to troll us and have fiery discussion about whether she hugged both or just Kojiro. Crafty animators are crafty xD (and that was the animation director considered as the best one...)

Nyasu's head is indeed bigger than a normal cat's, but his body is small. He could definitely fit in there because it's his body that's between Musashi's arms, NOT his head. Draw the circle of the head and see. His body could fit near Musashi's armpit since she's not sitting paralell to the table where Nyasu's standing. C'mon you've got to admit it's not likely the staff would send us such a hint. At least yet :p. Also, why would she be thanking both of them by hugging Kojiro only? I just looked at the subs and Musashi says "you guys did so well."

Sexy drawing attempt:

hug.png

By the way, I think Nyasu's oversized in that scene. He's HUGE! It really hit me when I first watched that scene.

Last edited:
Okay, I think we all need a change of subject. So how about we just drop this whole thing.

Moving on, I was trying to think of what kind of shippyness BW could give us. Now, we all want them to kiss, but do you think it's possible in BW? Or do you think that even though they're more serious, it would never happen?

Okay, I think we all need a change of subject. So how about we just drop this whole thing.

Moving on, I was trying to think of what kind of shippyness BW could give us. Now, we all want them to kiss, but do you think it's possible in BW? Or do you think that even though they're more serious, it would never happen?
NO! I don't wanna drop this subject, ok? Kidding, hohoho.

Seriously, I think that if they ever kiss, it'll be around the very last Pokemon episode. I believe the mystery will be held until the very end. Thus, unless BW is the last series, they will most likely not kiss nor become a couple. I'm only hoping for hints, the kind we're used to.

The thing I am hoping the most for by the end of the show is an undeniable hint proving they're both in love, but I don't want them to kiss or become a couple on screen. That is because I enjoy 100 times more to imagine how it would happen. Showing it would destroy all the magic of fanfics and such :p.

-----

I also have a question for you, I hope it's fine. In the Hoso special "We're no Angels", you probably remember the farmer girl who had a crush on James. By the end of the episode it looks like he has some kinds of feelings for her. On the one hand, it's a good thing since it's another argument on our side showing that James isn't gay, but how did you guys explained his reaction? He would have feelings for a random girl and not Jessie? That episode made me sad :(. To me, James is afraid of having a relationship with women in general because of Jessiebelle. What about this? :S

Last edited:

Oh my, I should have stayed on vacation!

Moving on, I was trying to think of what kind of shippyness BW could give us.

What kind of shippiness could BW bring? I think I agree with Zayin, I don’t want to see any shipping; it’s like shopping for your own Christmas present. Am I a terrible person for never wanting my OTP to become canon?

Really, I think the pieces will just fall into place. I don’t think it will be big or dramatic. Perhaps something similar to the fourth movie where Yukinari promises Satoshi they’ll be friends forever. Maybe it’ll be a secret they’ll keep from each other, or maybe just be content that they’ve found their best friend is their soul mate and realize that’s all they need? They’re so much more secure with themselves that my past notions are somewhat void. They have an appreciation for each other that wasn’t previously present. It doesn't seem like their actions toward each other will change as much as “upgrade.”

Buuuuuut if they do start boning, you certainly won’t hear any complaints out of me! ^-^

I'm generally a lurker, too. It happens.

Somewhat off-topic, but Disney World totally sold Pokémon merch in the Japan section of the World Showcase. It was pretty ballin’.

I also have a question for you, I hope it's fine. In the Hoso special "We're no Angels", you probably remember the farmer girl who had a crush on James. By the end of the episode it looks like he has some kinds of feelings for her. On the one hand, it's a good thing since it's another argument on our side showing that James isn't gay, but how did you guys explained his reaction? He would have feelings for a random girl and not Jessie? That episode made me sad :(. To me, James is afraid of having a relationship with women in general because of Jessiebelle. What about this? :S
The fact is that he wasn't in love with Musashi. Also this girl's acting towards him was way different than what Rumika and Musashi ever did.

I don't think kissing even exists in the anime, outside of attacks. It might be a little too romantic and heavy for a show aimed at children, but what do I know? I could see then holding hands and hugging - oh wait, they already do that. :p

The fact is that he wasn't in love with Musashi. Also this girl's acting towards him was way different than what Rumika and Musashi ever did.

I know, I don't consider him to be in love with her. Still, I prefer to believe he's afraid of women and that would partly explain why he's not into her -yet- (the second main reason would be not to hurt their close friendship). As I watched this episode again, I thought my theory might be wrong... I agree with you that most women don't act pretty nicely towards poor Kojiro. That could explain why he liked that girl. But meh, I don't want that x(!!! Plus, Musashi is a lot nicer to him than Rumika is.

Randomness: I find it funny you guys prefer to call them by their Japanese names :D. They've been Jessie and James in my heart since I was 8, so I can't give up on these names even though they're not the "real" ones XD!!!

Nothing much to say about today's episode, but it seems BW026 has Rockets after all! And cute Takegami Rockets at that. :-D Finally! Time to deliver the goods Junki!

But as exciting as next week is, we have a Nyasu episode coming on August 18th. First, that let's us know that yes, the TRio still gets focus episodes. But I find it interesting that Nyasu is the one up first in this series. Saving Rocketshipping for the end perhaps? ;-)

Honestly, I only think rocketshipping will happen if the rockets are leaving the show. So in that case, if BW is the last series for them, I would say yes, I think rocketshipping can happen.

Also because they are more serious, it doesn't mean that they have less of chance of being together/ us seeing hints. I know that this series hasn't shown us hints so far, but I believe we still have a chance to see some. I'm being optimistic :)

I don't think kissing even exists in the anime, outside of attacks. It might be a little too romantic and heavy for a show aimed at children, but what do I know? I could see then holding hands and hugging - oh wait, they already do that. :p

I don't think kissing is too romantic or heavy to show children, since I've seen that in other children's shows. However, for pokemon it may be different. IMO, Musashi and Kojiro are the only characters where the writers would let romance happen.

Nothing much to say about today's episode, but it seems BW026 has Rockets after all! And cute Takegami Rockets at that. :-D Finally! Time to deliver the goods Junki!

But as exciting as next week is, we have a Nyasu episode coming on August 18th. First, that let's us know that yes, the TRio still gets focus episodes. But I find it interesting that Nyasu is the one up first in this series.

I'm so glad that the kitty is up first!

Saving Rocketshipping for the end perhaps? ;-)

Of course :p

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom