• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and bought Leaf Green for the soul purpose of chaining Vulpixs. After a couple days of chains breaking at about 10-20 I got a good one going. So good that I caught a shiny at chain 21 and kept going. I am now in sleep mode on the 40th Vulpix and will start resetting on Sunday after work. I have over 700 Max Repels and I will be going as long as I can. I want a male for myself, cause they're rarer. The rest I will be trading.

Also, on one of my earlier 18-19 chains I learned that Vulpix knows Roar. So, I did the smart thing and went and caught and Octillery with Suction. I'll be putting him in first postion for the resetting saga. They ain't gonna get away from me!

I went and bought Leaf Green for the soul purpose of chaining Vulpixs. After a couple days of chains breaking at about 10-20 I got a good one going. So good that I caught a shiny at chain 21 and kept going. I am now in sleep mode on the 40th Vulpix and will start resetting on Sunday after work. I have over 700 Max Repels and I will be going as long as I can. I want a male for myself, cause they're rarer. The rest I will be trading.

Also, on one of my earlier 18-19 chains I learned that Vulpix knows Roar. So, I did the smart thing and went and caught and Octillery with Suction. I'll be putting him in first postion for the resetting saga. They ain't gonna get away from me!

i wan't a shiny vulpix too:)

I just spent 7 hours chaining Beldum and finally got a shiny that took itself down after I threw 20+ balls at the thing.
Beldum has a catch rate of 3, the same as that of most legendaries. Even with (say) 1% health, asleep and with a four-times multiplier Pokeball, you've still only got a 9% chance of capturing it. Beldum in swarms are level 53, so with no HP IV, they've only got around 105 HP, so you're not going to get much of an improvemen on 1% HP without fainting them. Unless you've got a Master Ball you can spare, you're only going to get frustrated... or really really lucky.

I just spent 7 fucking hours chaining fucking Beldum and finally got a fucking shiny that fucking took itself down after I threw 20+ fucking balls at the fucking thing. Then I fucking remembered the fucking ghost I'd brought just for that fucking move.

Fuck this. Fuck this in its fucking ass.
That sounds... really frustrating. I think I'm definitely going to have to bring a master ball or two if I ever get a Beldum swarm.

At least you didn't do what I did last night. I was resetting my fire red over and over, and I actually saw a shiny Charmander - but I reset over it. :( It was like some sort of automatic reflex in my fingers, I did it before it registered in my brain what I was resetting over. I could have cried.

But anyway, back to chaining; I did finally get some luck and managed to catch a couple of shiny Elekid, until I went into the wrong patch and messed up the chain. I can't even say my finger slipped... I just wasn't paying enough attention to where the shakes were, I guess. I haven't been too smart lately.

Vulpix Update

^^ That was a good run. I only had to use about 120 Max Repels too. And only took about 3 hours. In fact, I could have gone longer, but I was half looking for a way to stop, and I was either going to do til 600 Max Repels or break. I reset with 612 repels, saw three shakes and went north. Broke, of course. But you can kinda tell I meant to do that. lol

So, results? I know that's all you people want to hear. XD There's the deal. Seven shiny Vulpix. Three Male and four Female. You know what that means? That means 2 males and 4 female shiny Vulpix up for trades. I'll probably do another picture and post the info in the trade thread.

Beldum has a catch rate of 3, the same as that of most legendaries. Even with (say) 1% health, asleep and with a four-times multiplier Pokeball, you've still only got a 9% chance of capturing it. Beldum in swarms are level 53, so with no HP IV, they've only got around 105 HP, so you're not going to get much of an improvemen on 1% HP without fainting them. Unless you've got a Master Ball you can spare, you're only going to get frustrated... or really really lucky.

I wish I'd known that before I did it again. I set the clock back to noon before the days switched to keep them swarming and chained for like, an hour with magnet pull and all those good tricks and got busted by a Diglett, but then did it again (because I was watching a friend play Halo 3 and it's incredibly boring to watch for hours and not play) and got another shiny and it struggled itself to death...again. Maybe I'll set it back to last Thursday and try again some day...but for now, I'll try Eevees.
I'll get my friend to trade me some master balls. He likes cheating devices.

Where do you find all of this mathematic junk about catch rates and such? Serebii?

finally i have a picture of cold fire
but... i don't know how i paste it here....

Host it somewhere (like Photobucket) and use the

wow, i guess i didn't realize how hard a shiny beldum is to catch. i guess i've just got some mad chaining skillz...

I stink at chaining! I'm the absolute worse. The most i've had is three before it broke. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I always look for the one that shakes the same, and it always just seems to break the chain. What is going wrong?

I stink at chaining! I'm the absolute worse. The most i've had is three before it broke. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I always look for the one that shakes the same, and it always just seems to break the chain. What is going wrong?

I assume you have read the first posts about 4 spaces away and not on edges or corners, etc, etc?

I assume you have read the first posts about 4 spaces away and not on edges or corners, etc, etc?

yea...and I watched the video. maybe I just suck at that. some people can hunt shinies..some can't. :( I want a shiny ponyta

I caught my Shiny Ponyta at Route 214 I believe. South from the city, past the really tall dark grass, and into a large patch down there. Did it with either plain grass or the yellow dull shakes. Ponyta's a pretty good one to start on.

Granted, to explain how long it took me to get "good" at shiny catching, I got my entire team from 54/5-60ish on lvl 20s. 1 pokemon battling, one with Exp. Share. Still a lot of exp at 124 exp a pop.

Hey guys, I signed up on here just to post on this thread. I have to say THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to it. Everything from tips and theories on chaining and people just reporting the shinies they found has helped... it kept me encouraged and believing that if I kept chaining, it would eventually pay off. I found my first shiny (Shinx) by chaining on Aug. 3 and now I have almost 3 boxes full of shinies. I've read almost the whole entire thread but I was too shy to post on it until now for some reason.

I don't have much to respond to or say right now, but I do have a curiosity question. What do your shiny patches look like? Mine started off looking like whole sections of the patch would light up and flash white. Then they seemed to have some kind of sparkle to them. For a while now there have only been maybe about 4 pink diamond shapes that sparkle on the patch. I kind of think they look the nicest, but I miss the old ones too. Not that it's important or anything (a shiny patch is a shiny patch!), but any theories on this? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom