• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Shop Mafia II - Wages Excluded - ENDGAME

You've admitted you just want to lynch people for the coins, without regard to the damage it'll do to the small start ups.

I've also been trying to get the one person I suspect of being scum to post more so that lynching them would be more valuable for everyone. That way, we both eliminate potential scum and profit.

Let's not forget that, ultimately, profit is what will likely win this game. We need coins to buy abilities to give us an edge over scum. Right now, with the rules as explained, that means lynching the people who posted the most if we don't have a good scum target; that way, we can split their income over multiple people and have more of the town benefit and be in a better position to scumhunt and win. Otherwise, the only person who is guaranteed to benefit from today is the person who won the auction, leaving us with a potential risk that the scum start tomorrow with even more money to use against us in order to make themselves even stronger.

So, yes, it is going to hurt one or two small start-ups. But it also is going to leave those start-ups that survive in a better position to counter the corporates.

I've also been trying to get the one person I suspect of being scum to post more so that lynching them would be more valuable for everyone. That way, we both eliminate potential scum and profit.

Let's not forget that, ultimately, profit is what will likely win this game. We need coins to buy abilities to give us an edge over scum. Right now, with the rules as explained, that means lynching the people who posted the most if we don't have a good scum target; that way, we can split their income over multiple people and have more of the town benefit and be in a better position to scumhunt and win. Otherwise, the only person who is guaranteed to benefit from today is the person who won the auction, leaving us with a potential risk that the scum start tomorrow with even more money to use against us in order to make themselves even stronger.

So, yes, it is going to hurt one or two small start-ups. But it also is going to leave those start-ups that survive in a better position to counter the corporates.
Ok I have multiple things to say about this.
1 are you saying you suspect max as scum? Why? All he did was doubt my idea on revealing the itp and he reacted in a typical max way to me that is NAI.
2 So you say its better to kill someone who you don't think is scum to share their money so that the rest of town can have it, ignoring the fact that mafia will be in on this and take a small part of the profit. Next to that it prevents one person from being able to amass a larger amount of money than when shared amongst town which blocks us from obtaining really high priced roles due to not having enough money.

Ok I have multiple things to say about this.
1 are you saying you suspect max as scum? Why? All he did was doubt my idea on revealing the itp and he reacted in a typical max way to me that is NAI.
2 So you say its better to kill someone who you don't think is scum to share their money so that the rest of town can have it, ignoring the fact that mafia will be in on this and take a small part of the profit. Next to that it prevents one person from being able to amass a larger amount of money than when shared amongst town which blocks us from obtaining really high priced roles due to not having enough money.

1. I suspect Doctor Floptopus of being scum, but I don't have anything to go on beyond something that is minor.

2. Where does it say we share the money? That was in neither the rules nor the role PM. But, perhaps the corporates do share the money and that is why you are thinking that Town does as well.

Looks like we have our first scumslip!

Unvote: Max1996
Vote: DarthWolf

If I suspected Max of being scum, I'd lynch him in a heartbeat... especially because his usual behaviour of sheeping drives me crazy... but you're the one sticking out to me as highly suspect.

Let's not forget that, ultimately, profit is what will likely win this game. We need coins to buy abilities to give us an edge over scum.
Town's numbers, and scum hunting skills, are still very important.

Every town player we lose brings us one step closer to being defeated.

2. Where does it say we share the money? That was in neither the rules nor the role PM. But, perhaps the corporates do share the money and that is why you are thinking that Town does as well.

4. Credits will be split upon someone's death, again, just like the previous iteration.

@AussieEevee

In more simple terms, everyone has their own bank account with money (mafia money is shared) and access to a shop where they can buy roles from, for money!

The problem with the idea of town sharing money being an applicable argument is that the town only shares money when people die; the Mafia shares it all of the time. This creates a slight problem with the idea of trying to keep all of the town alive the entire time due to the simple fact that not killing someone early on leaves us at a distinct disadvantage, since we're forced to work individually on income management outside of that one particular instance; no amount of trying to save up money for an individual is going to truly skip benefiting the Mafia because they will always have someone voting for a town death, and thus will always reap the benefits of our kills. If all of them participate in the vote, they can go for a larger portion of the pie than any townie will get.

Plus, to be blunt, Max is kinda terrible at scumhunting. If that skill is what you must value most, he's a pretty easy sacrifice.

Thus, it is potentially far better to get our town deaths early, when the Mafia profits the least.

Max is pretty terrible at scum hunting... so am I for that matter... for I'd rather encourage Max to improve his scum hunting, and judge him based on this game, and not meta.

The rest of your post makes no sense. IIRC the original, the money of a dead player is divided up among that player's FACTION, not the people that lynched/killed him/her. Dylan said this works the same way.

@AussieEevee I was working off of these words, and no one bothered to correct them until just now:

I think it means those on the Lynch wagon would split money?

Otherwise we earn money today based on participation.

Unvote: DarthWolf

Thanks dylan, for those revealing answers.
How do you know this?
It's in the opening post, my dear fellow dutchie
Earning money based on the amount of posts you made during the phase.

I swear to god that explosion had nothing to do with my new dynamite store.
Of course it didn't, sweet puppy, but I'm gonna keep an eye on you for it.

I'll be back later with some real commentary

EDIT: placed the quote I mentioned to Darth in this post to help clarify it.

Last edited:
Pay attention to these words:
Who are you saying this to? Are you saying this as a reminder for yourself to look at Darth's post? Are you saying it to Darth as a warning or are you saying it to the rest of town to be wary of Darth?
So, yeah. I'm greedy. I admit it.
Greedy enough to blow up a street and multiple shops? Greedy enough to want to eliminate your fellow shopkeep?

1. I suspect Doctor Floptopus of being scum, but I don't have anything to go on beyond something that is minor.

Looks like we have our first scumslip!

Unvote: Max1996
Vote: DarthWolf
1. You vote Flop for being against the indep reveal. She wansn't the only one who thought that though. Max had the same thouhts at first and MP and Lone also think that way. Why choose Flop out of these people?
4. Credits will be split upon someone's death, again, just like the previous iteration.

Oh I guess you answered it for me here as well.
@AussieEevee

The problem with the idea of town sharing money being an applicable argument is that the town only shares money when people die; the Mafia shares it all of the time. This creates a slight problem with the idea of trying to keep all of the town alive the entire time due to the simple fact that not killing someone early on leaves us at a distinct disadvantage, since we're forced to work individually on income management outside of that one particular instance; no amount of trying to save up money for an individual is going to truly skip benefiting the Mafia because they will always have someone voting for a town death, and thus will always reap the benefits of our kills. If all of them participate in the vote, they can go for a larger portion of the pie than any townie will get.

Plus, to be blunt, Max is kinda terrible at scumhunting. If that skill is what you must value most, he's a pretty easy sacrifice.
Thus, it is potentially far better to get our town deaths early, when the Mafia profits the least.
What about getting rid of mafia? It is potentially far better to get a mafia death early, when the mafia profits the least.
You dont seem to counter the quote AE gave on point 2 towards me, which I also quoted, yet you still keep your vote on me. Why is that?
@AussieEevee I was working off of these words, and no one bothered to correct them until just now:

Unvote: DarthWolf
I should read on first...
It's in the opening post, my dear fellow dutchie
That's just an example though. It wont be confirmed, at least not until after the phase, what the condition is for earning money.

That's just an example though. It wont be confirmed, at least not until after the phase, what the condition is for earning money.
I honestly accidentally skipped over that part, I just remembered it being in the op and said so, not realizing that it wasn't a certainty.

Also, @Ereshkigal, it really isn't a 'scumslip', I think. In the original Shop Mafia, which had me, Dylan and Darth as players, when a player dies, the money they had + were set to earn is evenly divided among the living players.

Also, @Ereshkigal, it really isn't a 'scumslip', I think. In the original Shop Mafia, which had me, Dylan and Darth as players, when a player dies, the money they had + were set to earn is evenly divided among the living players.
But it's among the faction of the dead player apparently, not everyone in the game, right?

Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of Eresh. On one hand, it sure looks like he's scumhunting. On the other hand, he seems pretty bloodthirsty...

But it's among the faction of the dead player apparently, not everyone in the game, right?

Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of Eresh. On one hand, it sure looks like he's scumhunting. On the other hand, he seems pretty bloodthirsty...
Oh...guess I misread. And it's a she, I think.

Back
Top Bottom