• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

But if you look into the chat right before he quit, he mentioned the Hax, so I assume that's why he suddenly quit, as opposed to for another outside reason. I understand it might be pointless to wonder about it, but most people I face generally don't forfeit so suddenly and oddly and I was seriously wondering if it had something to do with the battle that he probably was going to win.

Ah, whoops, my mistake.

He wanted to sweep with Krookodile - the Togekiss, Lucario, and Jirachi were almost certainly going to spam Follow Me while the +6 (+5 after Intimidate) Krookodile did all the real killing with spread moves like Rock Slide and EQ. Plus, he didn't really have an answer to Rotom-H once you nailed the Krook.

Good thought, I should've seen that. (Doh!)

Odds are he didn't even pack his Lucario for his match vs. you, with all that fire on the other side. Regardless, this looks like a fairly immature player, and I still wouldn't read into for more than it is. Mature players use moves like Rock Slide and other less-than-100 accuracy moves accepting that drawback with the knowledge that it could fail. Heck, I recall one particularly frustrating match where my Heat Wave with 95 accuracy missed both of the opposing mons on the other team.

Last edited:
Oh, okay~ This is the first time I've ever seen or heard of that strategy, so I didn't really understand why he'd just quit with a Lucario, Alakazam, and Jirachi in the back. Hell, I didn't even know Jirachi or Lucario got Follow Me. I guess if that Krookodile's his only attacker and he falls, he's out of luck if the rest of his team is solely to support it.

That really is an interesting strategy, though. Is it common?

Thanks for the help, guys~

Oh, okay~ This is the first time I've ever seen or heard of that strategy, so I didn't really understand why he'd just quit with a Lucario, Alakazam, and Jirachi in the back. Hell, I didn't even know Jirachi or Lucario got Follow Me. I guess if that Krookodile's his only attacker and he falls, he's out of luck if the rest of his team is solely to support it.

That really is an interesting strategy, though. Is it common?

Thanks for the help, guys~

It's definitely an intriguing way to make his Krookodile a sheer attack monster, but one of those high-risk/high-reward situations, as to do so necessitates a crit with super-effective on Krook. Mew was the only way to do it without stacking a STAB on top of it also. As interesting as it is, I wouldn't count on it being common at all, mainly because it is such a high risk to try, and easily mitigated. Inducing confusion in the Krook or hitting it with foul play, plus maybe a fakeout for good measure, or just outright out-speeding it, would utterly derail his strat without so-called "hacks" at all. Not to mention Krookodile is already such a glass canon in the first place, plus the metagame very much encourages teams to have a strong response vs ground, and Fighting/Fairy moves are prevalent enough to exploit that Dark typing. It's just not a great place to be for a Krookodile.

Still, his poor sportsmanship aside, I can give your opponent props for experimenting and trying something a little bit out there. You'd think he'd have at least *some* other options to come in and capitalize on the work his Krook started though.

Once Mew dies Krook doesn't have to worry about being slow/frail as the Follow Me-ers will buy him turns to work. As for whether the strategy is common in and of itself - yes and no. It's seen more traditionally with Beat Up Whimsicott + Terrakion/Lucario/Gallade/Absol/whatever as they get Justified and are being hit by a weak, resisted attack rather than a decently powerful SE one.

Yeah most people DC when there strategy fall apart. I've had people DC when I've KO'd a Pokemon as minor as Scolipede or a major as M-Charizard Y.

Ok, I do know about the Beat Up Justified tactic. It's interesting and clever, but a little too risky for me to ever use.

Still, his poor sportsmanship aside, I can give your opponent props for experimenting and trying something a little bit out there. You'd think he'd have at least *some* other options to come in and capitalize on the work his Krook started though.

Well, it wasn't as if the forfeit really bothered me (I'm perfectly aware people DC when their first/primary mon goes down to an unexpected crit or what not), but I didn't know this was one of those instances. I didn't realize why he quit so suddenly without even trying to find a way to win (as you may have seen, he left right after Krookodile fainted without sending anything out afterwards). I also didn't know his team basically was his Krookodile; I expected he'd have some other offense with the offensive looking team he did have. So I was curious as to what his strategy was supposed to be. I can't imagine how difficult it is to only have one Offensive Pokemon.

How does one get a flawless Mewtwo?

Let's refer to what the great Glory Blaze said less than one page

I want to capture Mewtwo in X; how do I make it flawless?

Lead with a Pokémon with Synchronize for it's ability and the nature you want, and have an empty spot in your party and a Pokémon with Fly. Then save in front of him. Catch him, check to make sure his Nature is right, and bring him to the IV judge in Kiloude city. If he's not a 5IV or 6IV, restart your game and try again. You're guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs so it's not as painful as it sounds (but it is still pretty painful xD)

So there ya go

Excuse me. Which ability does a normal Charizard must have before it can mega evolve into Mega Charizard Y? Blaze or Solar Power?

Excuse me. Which ability does a normal Charizard must have before it can mega evolve into Mega Charizard Y? Blaze or Solar Power?

Depends. If its not a Hidden Ability Charizard, then it has Blaze. Solar Power is Charizard's Hidden Ability.

Depends. If its not a Hidden Ability Charizard, then it has Blaze. Solar Power is Charizard's Hidden Ability.

Well, the thing is that I'm seeking knowledge to find out which ability is best suited for a Special Sweeper Charizard in both normal and Mega forms.

Well, the thing is that I'm seeking knowledge to find out which ability is best suited for a Special Sweeper Charizard in both normal and Mega forms.

Always MEvolve Charizard 1st turn. If you don't, you're doing something wrong. So its base ability is irrelevant.

MegaCharizardY is the best for a Special Sweeper. You normally want to Mega on the first turn with CharizardY so MegaCharizardY's ability is pretty much irrelevant since it won't be in the form long enough for it to matter. In regular form, I'd say Solar Power on a Sun team.

Always MEvolve Charizard 1st turn. If you don't, you're doing something wrong. So its base ability is irrelevant.

Are you just talking about CharizardY (which I do agree with)? Because I've seen that it's pretty common to not Mega Evolve CharizardX on the first turn to set up a DD, and then Mega on the next turn.

MegaCharizardY is the best for a Special Sweeper. You normally want to Mega on the first turn with CharizardY so MegaCharizardY's ability is pretty much irrelevant since it won't be in the form long enough for it to matter. In regular form, I'd say Solar Power on a Sun team.

Are you just talking about CharizardY (which I do agree with)? Because I've seen that it's pretty common to not Mega Evolve CharizardX on the first turn to set up a DD, and then Mega on the next turn.

Even X. The boosted defense is worth the risk of taking an EQ on the MEvolution as the opponent has to make the coinflip that you won't be Y. MEvolving right away gives you a much higher chance to live a Rock move, which is the objectively best move against an unevolved Charizard should it be available.

Should I even bother with CM on MMY? Mewtwo has a serious four moveslot syndrome, without Shadow Ball Aegislash walls me, without Ice Beam Yveltal does...so just run Psystrike/Ice Beam/Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball for maximum coverage in a team with Kyogre?

Should I even bother with CM on MMY? Mewtwo has a serious four moveslot syndrome, without Shadow Ball Aegislash walls me, without Ice Beam Yveltal does...so just run Psystrike/Ice Beam/Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball for maximum coverage in a team with Kyogre?

MM2Y's best sets IMO are its 3 attack ones, although I personally prefer Taunt over CM. I run Fire Blast + Ice Beam but Focus Blast + Shadow Ball works just as well (better for you, since Kyogre nerfs Fire Blast). You don't need to cover every threat, and you especially don;t need to worry about Yveltal - he fucks you up anyways.

4 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 507-601 (143.6 - 170.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Swap out immediately should you see one on the field.

He doesn't have any priority and his power is sort of underwhelming compared to things like Yveltal's Dark Aura Sucker Punch (the strongest priority move in the game!), but he works if you really want to use him. It can be also nice to throw off people who are expecting you to go Mega, but i wouldn't rely on that.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom