• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Hey guys, I've got an Evee and I was wondering which evolution I should pursue. I'm mainly thinking of either Espeon or Umbreon..

People have been saying the Espeon is good but I already pretty strong psychic types like Kadabra, Drowzee and Slowpoke all of which I'm going to evolve later.

I only have one Dark type Sableye. Opinions?

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

^Well it's all up to your personal prefence, but there are better Psychic types than Espeon, namely Alakazam. Umbreon is okay, but generally outclassed by better walls with more HP. I think Vaporeon is largely considered the most useful Eeveelution, and for good reason-- it has a pretty good moveset (for its walling/stalling purpose), which is rare among its cousins. Jolteon and Leafeon make okay special and physical sweepers, respectively. Flareon is all around useless. I like Glaceon, due to its high Special Attack, and its 100% accurate Blizzard during Hail, which also activates Snow Cloak.

But again, it's all up to you. Choose your favorite!

i could use some help with my special sweepers, a starmie and gengar

at the moment they both have pretty basic movesets, so this is what im thinking of changing it too, they're both ev'd for special attack and speed, and have natures that are +speed -defence

gengar
black sludge

trick
shadow ball
sludge bomb
thunderbolt

starmie
life orb
surf
phsycic
ice beam
pshyc up

trick would be instead of focus blast, that i have on another pokemon so i dont neccesarily need it here. i've never tried trick and black sludge together before, so i dont know how good it will be competitively.

on starmie, i cant decide whether or not to have pshyc up, it looks as if it could be an incredibly useful move, especially with the amount of baton passing teams out there, but again i havent tried it, so what do you guys think?

p.s. sorry for the AWFUL spelling hha

^^ tricking a black sludge is something that I haven't ever tried, I'd personally go for a choice item.
I'd replace psych up with thunderbolt

Give both timid nature since you wont be using that stat and you still get the +speed

Hey guys, I've got an Evee and I was wondering which evolution I should pursue. I'm mainly thinking of either Espeon or Umbreon..

People have been saying the Espeon is good but I already pretty strong psychic types like Kadabra, Drowzee and Slowpoke all of which I'm going to evolve later.

I only have one Dark type Sableye. Opinions?

Lol breed it with a ditto for an army of eevee's, that way you can get every form

Lol breed it with a ditto for an army of eevee's, that way you can get every form

Whaa- Good idea! But I think I can just get one Ditto and breed it with my eevee repeatedly right?

I know Vaporeon is a good wall, but I'm sick of water type moves.

I'm playing Fire Red/Leaf Green btw so I don't think the new eeveelutions can be transferred over from Diamond.

Yeh you can breed it repeatidly with one ditto. Your playing lg/fr ? If thats the case your restricted to flareon, jolteon and vaporeon (you cant get espeon/umbreon since the game has no internal clock)

So, when you go to hatch an egg, and you save in front of the old man in Solaceon Town before getting the egg, what exactly about the egg changes when you reset? Will the nature or potential shinyness value change, or just IVs, or nothing at all?

IVs and nature change, but not shininess.

IVs and nature change, but not shininess.

Thanks, Tina. That's actually the answer I was hoping for :) Now, do you have to save before you put the eggs in the Daycare, or can you just save and reset before talking to the guy who gives you the egg?

gengar
black sludge

trick
shadow ball
sludge bomb
thunderbolt

Trick w/ Black Sludge is intriguing. I think that in most situations, it would be more damaging to the opponent to deal an extra hit with Sludge Bomb rather than using the turn for Trick. But the Trick/Black Sludge combo could be useful in one specific situation: when the opponent is a longlasting poke (say, with a recovery move) that has an item Gengar can effectively use.

starmie
life orb
surf
phsycic
ice beam
pshyc up

Though Psych Up is always a decent move, there might be three difficulties with using it on this Starmie:

(i) Starmie won't make use of the At. advantage from Swords Dance,
(ii) Starmie is already so fast that it doesn't really need the Spe. advantage, and
(iii) Life Orb generally increases the utility of damage-dealing moves (viz., Thunderbolt) over stat.-altering moves.

Then again, Starmie's versatility means it can put defensive and evasive state boosts to good use.

Murr...Tina...no offense, but I think you were slightly off with your answer to me. I've been resetting for an Eevee egg, but though the IVs have changed, the nature's been the same all 3 times.

Hm.. thinking about it, I think it's only the IVs that are set when you talk to the daycare man. XD;;;

Sorry for misleading you. D:

Hm.. thinking about it, I think it's only the IVs that are set when you talk to the daycare man. XD;;;

Sorry for misleading you. D:

Yeah, all 3 times it was Naughty, but then it was "Somewhat Vain," "Often Dozes Off," and then "Somewhat Vain" again, so the IVs do change. Don't worry about it :-D

You gave me some very cool ideas rlawtondavis. Thanks a lot.

Off-topic but - I just noticed something, after I collected my egg once I immediately talked to the old men again and he said my 2 pokemon dislike each other.. -_-|| And I was like, if they disliked each other how did they breed an egg then?

...this isn't a discussion thread where you talk about breeding, this is a question thread where you post questions.

Well, I'm back -- this time with a more specific breeding question.

I have a Luxray with 30 Sp. Atack IVs, and a Shellos with 31 Speed IVs. I want to get those IVs onto an Eevee. I know Luxray can breed with Eevee, and I have a few Eevees produced that way. I also know that Bidoof can breed with Shellos, Eevee, and Luxray. However, when I tried breeding some of my Bidoof with my Luxray or Shellos, those IVs weren't always on par with the EVs from the parents.

My latest Bidoof, bred from my Luxray, has these IVs: 0 - 29 / 10 - 29 / 0 - 19 / 14, 19, 24, 29 / 0 - 19 / 0 - 29

The Bidoof before that, bred from the son of my Shellos, has these IVs: 0 - 1 / 10 - 23 / 6 - 19 / 14 - 23 / 6 - 19 / 23

What's going on? I know the IVs of the Bidoof I used to breed weren't stellar, but I thought those would be replaced by the IVs from the other parent -- instead, while they're still higher than the parent Bidoof's, they're lower than the parent Luxray/Shellos. Can anyone help me out?

Oh, by the way...my 31 Speed IV Shellos is female, so I bred it to get a male, but the same thing happened -- the male that hatched had good Speed IVs, but not the same as the mother's. My Luxray is male, and the only female Eevee I have has these IVs: Timid #133 Eevee: 29 - 30 / 21 - 24 / 12 - 14 / 0 - 2 / 31 / 10 - 12 (HP Fire)

Can anyone suggest a move to round out this Heatran set?

Buckethead (Heatran, M)
Flash Fire
Timid

Lava Plume
Earth Power
Explosion
Hidden Power (Dragon) <- I'm looking to replace this.

I looked up its moves. Here are my options from what I can see:
Dragon Pulse (for more power)
Dark Pulse (for a bit of coverage on things like Starmie)
Flash Cannon (for STAB)

I'm also contemplating changing Lava Plume for a different fire move. It's good enough as it is (decent base power and burn chance) but Flamethrower and Heat Wave are stronger. Failing that I could always gamble with Fire Blast, Overheat or Magma Storm. So yeah...

hey, very simple question

ice fang or ice punch? which is better?

Ice Punch for sure. More power and still has the freeze effect.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom