• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Is HP Rock usable on a Luxray, or no? All I need is a straight "yes" or "no" here.

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Is HP Rock usable on a Luxray, or no? All I need is a straight "yes" or "no" here.
That's more opinion, but I'd have to say yes, though as far as type coverage I'd use HP fire.

What is more useful for Metagross: Bullet Punch or Meteor Mash?

I'm thinkin' Bullet Punch. Since Steel has such poor type coverage to begin with, priority seems more important than power as I can probably just use my other moves when I really want to do some damage-- but I'd like everyone's opinion anyway.

I agree, but don't overlook the fact that Meteor Mash has a slim chance to up your attack :)

And thank you Wolflare, she's up and running now :)

I'm thinkin' Bullet Punch. Since Steel has such poor type coverage to begin with, priority seems more important than power as I can probably just use my other moves when I really want to do some damage-- but I'd like everyone's opinion anyway.
Depends what your more worried about, mash takes care of abomasnow and mamoswine leads and occasionally supplies an attack boost. While Bullet punch is useful or azelf and aero leads (which are more commonly used),priority is always a plus. Majority of the time bullet punch is the preferred choice.

Definitely not, anything that takes SE damage from Rock does not threaten Luxray much. Grass is the best HP type for him.

Depends on your team options. Choice sets work better with Meteor Mash for power, but still can be used for revenge killing. Bullet Punch should always be on Gross leads though to hit Sash stuff like Aero and Azelf.

Would you consider level 16 too late to start EV training?
Also, is a neutral nature like Hardy that bad to have?

Last edited:

Would you consider level 16 too late to start EV training?

If it's untrained (easy way to check if there's any experience in the EXP bar), then it's never too late to EV train.

Hardy's very unpreferable for a nature to use in competitive.. doesn't benefit anything, you're better off boosting one of your stats and lowering one you're not using. That being said, avoid Lax and Gentle at all costs. +Defense -SpDef (or the other way around) is pretty pointless.

If it's untrained (easy way to check if there's any experience in the EXP bar), then it's never too late to EV train.

Hardy's very unpreferable for a nature to use in competitive.. doesn't benefit anything, you're better off boosting one of your stats and lowering one you're not using. That being said, avoid Lax and Gentle at all costs. +Defense -SpDef (or the other way around) is pretty pointless.

Darn. I had a Scizor I had EV trained until level 28 and forgot to check the nature. I guess I'll remember to do that next time. Thanks for letting me know though.

Last edited:

Level 100 is too late to EV train. You can have an in-game Pokémon at level 99, and if you want to re-train it to have proper EVs, you can wipe all its EVs with EV-reducing berries and give it the EVs it needs. As long as it can grow a level, it can be trained or re-trained.

Does anyone know any good Gen 3 IV calculators, and if so, could you provide a link? I finally found my MasterBall, so I'm trying for a good Kyogre.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized you can use Gen IV calculators too...sorry

Last edited:

Best evolution for an Adamant Eevee?
I'm thinking Leafeon, but then Jolly might be better for that :/

Best evolution for an Adamant Eevee?
I'm thinking Leafeon, but then Jolly might be better for that :/

Flareon could work.

EDIT: I have a lvl 1, untouched Naughty Bagon I got in a trade with both Dragon Dance and Hydro Pump. Most standard sets suggest either one or the other of those moves, but since it's male, do want to be able to pass on the moves, so getting rid of one of them just to create a set seems pointless. I've tried coming up with a sort of mixed set that uses both moves, and this is what I came up with. Rate please?

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty nature
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
-- Dragon Dance
-- Hydro Pump
-- Outrage
-- Fire Blast/Stone Edge

Last edited:

Flareon could work.

Ahh, forgot about that one.
Did Flareon get physical Fire Stab? I know Pt has move tutors...

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty nature
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
-- Dragon Dance
-- Hydro Pump
-- Outrage
-- Fire Blast/Stone Edge

That set seems fine to me, I don't have any complaints.

I would say, if you want to breed the moves, why not just a breed a few babies before you start?

That way you can get rid of a move if need be.

Ahh, forgot about that one.
Did Flareon get physical Fire Stab? I know Pt has move tutors...

Er...it's got Fire Fang...and...that's really it, in terms of physical Fire moves. Literally, it's Flareon's ONLY physical STAB move. You could try a Choice Band set?

Flareon@Choice Band
Adamant nature
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
-- Fire Fang
-- Superpower
-- Bite/Iron Tail
-- Return/Quick Attack

set seems fine to me, I don't have any complaints.

I would say, if you want to breed the moves, why not just a breed a few babies before you start?

That way you can get rid of a move if need be.

I would, but seeing as it's still only level 1, I don't want to accidentally loose those moves while trying to breed. Glad you think the set's okay, it's probably not great, but I really don't know which other of Salamence's moves would give good coverage with Water. I figured with Fire Blast, I'd at least get the Fire/Dragon combo...

How do you get wish on Blissey? If I need a WishBliss, how can I (if at all) get one, since Blissey doesn't learn the move at all.

How do you get wish on Blissey? If I need a WishBliss, how can I (if at all) get one, since Blissey doesn't learn the move at all.

Wish is a special event NYPC (New York Pokemon Center) move from... um, I want to say... 2004 or something?

There goes that one. Oh well, I'll stick with Softboiled then. Thanks.

not really a question, more of a suggestion

wouldnt it make sense to have an in games team thread?
i was just looking through the forum and theres about 8 locked threads cause they're in games
it would kinda make sense to have somwhere for them to put they're teams and discuss them

^Generally people who post in-game teams don't read the rules (otherwise they wouldn't post in-game teams) and thus probably wouldn't pay attention to in-game team thread.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom