• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

which is better for my Dog Team: Absol or Mightyena?

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Absol surpasses Mightyena by a long shot. This is not personal preferance. This is because of base stats.

Absol. It's got Super Luck as an ability and has high-critical hit ratio moves to abuse with. It also has the strongest Sucker Punch in the game (coming off of base 130 Attack).

wow! I really did not know that! i know it's strong but i never really experimented with it because it doesn't look like a canid(much) to me. thank you!

Nope Absol is amazing. I have an awsome Shiny one. Haven't touched it though.

Absol over Mightyena, for sure. For one thing, Absol is actually useable, whereas Mightyena's movepool is just garbage. For another, Absol destroys Mightyena in terms of stats.

Absol. Absol has a higher attack stat and better move pool. However, Mightyena has 5 higher base HP and 10 higher base Defence, and access to be used in NU. But these are just useless facts, as Mightyena can't effectly use it's extra defence, and most battles are UU opposed to NU.

hey everyone i have a stupid question. how do you tell what type of attack hidden power will be?

hey everyone i have a stupid question. how do you tell what type of attack hidden power will be?

It depends on the Pokemon's IVs. If you know them, you can find out the Hidden Power type and base power. You can input them into an IV calculator to find it quickly, or you can do it by hand via calculations.

Attack a Kecleon. If Hidden Power doesn't work, then it's Ghost type.

Or you can just talk to the one guy inside the building where you exchange your coins for prizes in Vielstone City in Platinum.

You can also talk to the guy in the veilstone game corner prize building, if you need a really quick check. He won't tell you the power though.

Edit: ninja'd

okay thanks everyone :)

Recently I have been IV breeding a Bagon for someone which got me thinking of my own Salamence. Now even though I have had her for sometime now I never EV trained or even given her a move set. She is Jolly her IV's are 31 / 31 / 25 / 16 / 31 / 31 and already knows dragon dance and dragon claw. I have checked smogon they have these 2 sets for the jolly nature they are as follows.
252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower

the first not what I would have picked for my Salamence but that may not be a bad thing now the second set is more my style but according to smogon its best used when paired with Rayquaza but I never double battle and also never use legends/ ubers. what do you think?

Last edited:

Recently I have been IV breeding a Bagon for someone which got me thinking of my own Salamence. Now even though I have had her for sometime now I never EV trained or even given her a move set. She is Jolly her IV's are 31 / 31 / 25 / 16 / 31 / 31 and already knows dragon dance and dragon claw. I have checked smogon they have these 2 sets for the jolly nature they are as follows.
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake

the first not what I would have picked for my Salamence but that may not be a bad thing now the second set is more my style but according to smogon its best used when paired with Rayquaza but I never double battle and also never use legends/ ubers. what do you think?

Movest 2. Salamence is a Physical sweeper and nothing will change that. Fire blast is good against Ice types, dragon Dance increases your speed and attack, Earthquake for Simple killing and Rock types and Outrage for the 'fuck this, i'm going all out' approach. My Salamence is like this, i'd choose it.

lol well you do now.

Whilst I'm here, I've been wanting to get Feedback on a new Skarmory set i've been using. So far it's worked well, but I want your opinion:

Skarmory
Shed Shell
Sturdy
Adamant
4 Atk/ 252 SpDef/ 252 Spd
-Brave bird
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
---------------------------------------
This set combines several of the Smogon Sets. The Moveset is obviously for spiking, which it is. You all know how Spiking works so I won't go on about it. The Adamant Nature and Extra 4 Attack EV's are there to put an extra little kick behind Brave bird, which I use more often than most people think I should, but It works. The 252 Special defense is to hold out against Electric and Fire type Special attacks such as Thunder or Fire Blast, which Skarmorry normally loses too. The Speed is for always getting Spikes in first, so I at least have a lityle input if someone comest at me with something really strong, which isn't likely anyway thanks to Skarmory's defences, so mainly it just makes up for the ammount of time Spikes needs to be set up. Shed Shell is for hopping out if things look bleak for Skarmory, say Magnezone and Probopass with their Magnet pull and Advantage over Brave bird.

whadda'ya think? I know it's weird, but it's done well so far.

~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake

Haha, I would go with moveset one with EV spread two. Outrage over Dragon Claw aswell. I really find this a useful moveset. Unless you are using it for Double battle. Then use moveset one and replace Roost with Protect.

I'm trying to think of unique movesets, and I though of a Wall breaking Lickilicky (different from the Smogon set). Could this funtion, or does it sound good only on paper?

Lickilicky
Own Tempo
Relaxed
Leftovers
252hp, 252def, 6spec att

Knock off/Block
Nightmare
Surf
Return

Knocks off items and attacks depending on the opponent. Nightmare, the creative part, stops Resttalkers, forces switches and inflicts 25 percent damage per turn. And with entry hazard support, Lickilicky can rake in the damage. The only problem I see is that team support is needed for Nightmare to work. (Unless I'm versing a Resttalker) Feedback please

EDIT: could this work too?

Block
Dream Eater
Nightmare
Return

Block keeps the sleeping foe in, then Lickilicky can either, in the words of Beyonce, cause a "Sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare". This was mostly made as a joke, but still...

Last edited:

I'm wanting to Raise a Ponyta/Rapidash to use in Shinnoh's super beauty contest. I have a Quiet natured Ponyta who loves dry foods, but im not sure what move set I should give him.. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to think of unique movesets, and I though of a Wall breaking Lickilicky (different from the Smogon set). Could this funtion, or does it sound good only on paper?

Lickilicky
Own Tempo
Relaxed
Leftovers
252hp, 252def, 6spec att

Knock off/Block
Nightmare
Surf
Return

Knocks off items and attacks depending on the opponent. Nightmare, the creative part, stops Resttalkers, forces switches and inflicts 25 percent damage per turn. And with entry hazard support, Lickilicky can rake in the damage. The only problem I see is that team support is needed for Nightmare to work. (Unless I'm versing a Resttalker) Feedback please

EDIT: could this work too?

Block
Dream Eater
Nightmare
Return

Block keeps the sleeping foe in, then Lickilicky can either, in the words of Beyonce, cause a "Sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare". This was mostly made as a joke, but still...

Actually, if you pumped more into Special Defense as opposed to Defense, this would be a fantastic Suicune counter, as most run Restalk, Calm Mind and Surf.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom