• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: Baby Drillbur

They are the premier battling authority, and I'm going to move this into the Simple question thread.

Because excadrill was broken and thats why it was banned. As for who gave them power, its difficult to deny that smogon tiers are superior and accepted widely as standard.

Any other way I can battle people (It will not be for a while, the WiFi in my house sucks.)

Any other way I can battle people (It will not be for a while, the WiFi in my house sucks.)

You can always battle without smogon rules over Random Mathcup or just post a thread in the battling section with your own rules.

You can also download Pokemon Online or PO from here. It is an online simulator using which you can create a team within minutes and battle with others on computer.

Re: General Discussion

Alright, I'm making a Trick Room VGC team now. These are planned Pokes:
Ani477MS.png
- Ready, moveset final
Ani199MS.png
- Ready, moveset final
Ani237MS.png
- Ready, moveset final
Ani143MS.png
- Ready, but moveset is not final
Ani604MS.png
- Not ready, moveset not final
Ani465MS.png
- Not ready, moveset not final, Not hatched yet

I already have a good suggestion for what I should put on Eelektross, but I need some final help with my Snorlax and Tangrowth. Here is my planned Snorlax's moveset:

143.gif

SNORLAX @ ???
Brave Nature
Ability: Thick Fat
252 HP/252 Attk/ 4 Sp. Def
MOVESET:
Return
Yawn
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Any suggestions for this set/suggestions for a Tangrowth set would be appreciated.

When I have the whole team ready, I will make this into a thread for more general suggestions.

@Dragoon. I moved your post to this thread. Per Angad, the General Discussion thread "isn't a team rating thread."

I'll also tag @Angad in this post because he's our resident doubles expert and he can probably answer any questions you may have.

I already have a good suggestion for what I should put on Eelektross, but I need some final help with my Snorlax and Tangrowth. Here is my planned Snorlax's moveset:

143.gif

SNORLAX @ ???
Brave Nature
Ability: Thick Fat
252 HP/252 Attk/ 4 Sp. Def
MOVESET:
Return
Yawn
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Any suggestions for this set/suggestions for a Tangrowth set would be appreciated.

When I have the whole team ready, I will make this into a thread for more general suggestions.

Yawn isn't the best move in Doubles because it takes up two turns, which wastes important turns. Are all your moves set on the other pokemon or the including of the pokemon in General completely set without change?

Yawn isn't the best move in Doubles because it takes up two turns, which wastes important turns. Are all your moves set on the other pokemon or the including of the pokemon in General completely set without change?
No, they are not. I plan on sharing my other Poke's moves when I start an official team-rating thread of this.

No, they are not. I plan on sharing my other Poke's moves when I start an official team-rating thread of this.

Well, an effective plan is using Amoongus and Anger Powder to ensure TR getting up with a mental Herb Pokemon being the one using TR.

If Heatran will-o-wisps a Magic Bounce Espeon, will it receive the flash fire boost?

Or same scenario, if Electivire thunder waves Magic Bounce Xatu, will motor drive activate?

If Heatran will-o-wisps a Magic Bounce Espeon, will it receive the flash fire boost?

Or same scenario, if Electivire thunder waves Magic Bounce Xatu, will motor drive activate?

Yes in both scenarios.

Well, an effective plan is using Amoongus and Anger Powder to ensure TR getting up with a mental Herb Pokemon being the one using TR.
Yeah, I was planning on running Rage Powder on the Tangrowth, because I want something more defensive (seeing as to how most of my team already has Sp. Defense covered).

What ability do you suggest running on a Trick Room Tangrowth? I know that Chlorophyll won't be very effective because I want make sure I don't get any Speed boosts.

Yeah, I was planning on running Rage Powder on the Tangrowth, because I want something more defensive (seeing as to how most of my team already has Sp. Defense covered).

What ability do you suggest running on a Trick Room Tangrowth? I know that Chlorophyll won't be very effective because I want make sure I don't get any Speed boosts.
I'd pick Regenerator over Leaf Guard as you are not running Ninetales. The main reason I suggest Amoongus is because of Spore and the fact that there is no sleep clause in VGC.

I'd say Regenerator. Regaining 30% of its total HP will give Tangrowth more chances to switch in and set Trick Room up multiple times throughout the battle.

EDIT: Wow, I was Accelgor'd by 6 minutes. Huge failure.

I might as well ask this, too, while I'm here.

In my new team that I'm planning, I really want to use Pokémon that wouldn't usually be seen in OU, and I'm looking at a Medicham as an anti-lead. I'm wondering what kind of set to have on it, though - I could either have a set with Fake Out, Magic Coat, Hi Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt with a Focus Sash, or go for a Choice Scarf set with Fake Out and Magic Coat being replaced with, probably, two elemental punch moves. I've used the former before, and taken many teams by surprise when they try to set up Stealth Rocks, only to have me Magic Coat them back at themselves, but that was a while ago - lots of things have probably changed.

In my new team that I'm planning, I really want to use Pokémon that wouldn't usually be seen in OU, and I'm looking at a Medicham as an anti-lead. I'm wondering what kind of set to have on it, though - I could either have a set with Fake Out, Magic Coat, Hi Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt with a Focus Sash, or go for a Choice Scarf set with Fake Out and Magic Coat being replaced with, probably, two elemental punch moves. I've used the former before, and taken many teams by surprise when they try to set up Stealth Rocks, only to have me Magic Coat them back at themselves, but that was a while ago - lots of things have probably changed.
I'd suggest going with Choice Scarf. Medicham isn't really one for setups, and it needs the speed boost to live up to its potential.

It would probably be difficult to effectively use a Pokemon like Medicham in OU. If you insist upon using it, you should probably go with a Jolly nature, a Choice Scarf, and a moveset of HJK / Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Trick.

If an Imposter Ditto transforms into a Pokemon that has Tailwind active on it's side of the field, will it copy the speed boost?

If an Imposter Ditto transforms into a Pokemon that has Tailwind active on it's side of the field, will it copy the speed boost?

Not as far as I know. Tailwind does not affect stats directly because it is a field effect similar to weather.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom