• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Zekrom is not and never has been UU in any format. All Pokémon in or banned from OU are banned from UU as well.

Oh, whoops, I was thinking of Kyurem-B. It's crazy that he, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and other friggin' legedaries are UU, but Diggersby of all Pokemon is banned to BL2?

Kyu-B is OU, not UU. The other three are not even close to overpowered. "Legendary" and "good" are far from mutually inclusive - ask Regigigas and Articuno.

Zekrom is not and never has been UU in any format. All Pokémon in or banned from OU are banned from UU as well.

Oh, whoops, I was thinking of Kyurem-B. It's crazy that he, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and other friggin' legedaries are UU, but Diggersby of all Pokemon is banned to BL2?

Kyu-B is OU, not UU. The other three are not even close to overpowered. "Legendary" and "good" are far from mutually inclusive - ask Regigigas and Articuno.

Or even Moltres and the other 3 Regi's. I'm kinda surprised that Mew is still floating around that low with all it can do.

Or even Moltres and the other 3 Regi's. I'm kinda surprised that Mew is still floating around that low with all it can do.

Wide move pool won't do anything for you if you've got average stats all around.

Kyurem-B is UU according to Pokemon Showdown :/

Kyurem-B is UU according to Pokemon Showdown :/

Try using it in a UU match, you should get an error message.

I want to run an offensive Hail team, with Abomasnow, Kyurem-B, Starmie and Heatran; any ideas for the last too? I want ro run Mamoswine, but then I'll have four Fighting weaks, what about Froslass?And who shold use SR?

I'm going to breed a HP Ice Manectric and since Mega Manectric is so fast and sits on its own at Base 135, is it preferable to have the 30 IV in Def or Speed? IIRC 31/even/30/31/31/31 and 31/odd/31/31/31/30 both give HP Ice. I know it won't make too much of a difference having the one extra IV in Def and so Speed is probably prefered, but I figured I'd ask before I start it.

I think Calm Mind is considered the better of the two these days actually. Calm Mind increases your Sp.Atk so you can do good damage with Moonblast after a few without having to rely on setting up to +6 for Stored Power (which you'd have to do with Cosmic Power).

I think Calm Mind is considered the better of the two these days actually. Calm Mind increases your Sp.Atk so you can do good damage with Moonblast after a few without having to rely on setting up to +6 for Stored Power (which you'd have to do with Cosmic Power).
That's why i'm having trouble picking between the two, Cosmic Power boosts Clefable Defense and Special Defense and also the power of Stored Power wich means it can take hits from both sides of the spectrum confortably like TerraTF said, while Calm Mind boosts Special Attack instead of Defense wich means Moonblast and Stored Power (Stored Power will also deal more damage than with Cosmic Power because of the Special Attack boost) will deal more damage but Clefable won't be able to take hits from the physical side well.

Last edited:
Neither is better. You should try both and see what can fare better (generally, whether you manage to take out relevant Physical attackers before you send out the boosting Clefable or not).

I'm going to breed a HP Ice Manectric and since Mega Manectric is so fast and sits on its own at Base 135, is it preferable to have the 30 IV in Def or Speed? IIRC 31/even/30/31/31/31 and 31/odd/31/31/31/30 both give HP Ice. I know it won't make too much of a difference having the one extra IV in Def and so Speed is probably prefered, but I figured I'd ask before I start it.
Yeah go with Speed.

I finished the HP Ice Mane, gonna move onto Pyroar next. Is HP Grass or HP Ground better on it? Its only usable attacks are like Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse and Hidden Power, iirc.

I finished the HP Ice Mane, gonna move onto Pyroar next. Is HP Grass or HP Ground better on it? Its only usable attacks are like Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse and Hidden Power, iirc.
HP Grass is better for it because it hits super effective for all but one of its weaknesses.

HP Ground give better coverage but HP Grass hits Pyroar's weaknesses. Just depend on what you want.

If you aren't choiced, I'd actually recommend Will-o-wisp. Cripples potential physical fighting types.

I'm not sure if this question goes here but how do I claim the Enigma Berry you get from participating in the International Challenge 2014? Also the Championship points?

I'm not sure if this question goes here but how do I claim the Enigma Berry you get from participating in the International Challenge 2014? Also the Championship points?

I believe that you pick it up from the PGL. I would keep an eye on Serebii.net to see when its ready though.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom