• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Also, Smogon moved basically all of BL into UU for testing. I'm pretty sure Land Forme should be BL, but I haven't really used it much so I don't really know.

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Why is shaymin classed UU on smogon >_> Im pretty sure it should be OU

Because its based on usage, and without the BL ban tier in existance right now for testing, people who don't know that automatically think UU = Weak.

Why isnt Shadow Claw used in SD Lucario? Doesnt the Combo of Shadow Claw and Close Combat hit everything at least neutral, and with Extreme speed and the boost from Swords Dance he should be able to take down most things.

Why isnt Shadow Claw used in SD Lucario? Doesnt the Combo of Shadow Claw and Close Combat hit everything at least neutral, and with Extreme speed and the boost from Swords Dance he should be able to take down most things.

Crunch basically gets the same coverage without Normal types being immune to it. Also the physical defense loss is fairly nice. Its not only hitting everything neutral, but also being able to better handle better threats and counters.

I'd imagine that physical Lucarios would now use Ice Punch or Thunder punch.

On a random note, it took people an awfuly long time to realise how awsome physical lucarios are, and now they are everywhere

Bumping because I actually have a valid question. So I was wondering which one would be better as a Rapid Spin Blocker.

The basic overveiw for this is that most Rapid Spinners are weak to a combination of Rotom's electricity and the special move it gains from its forme. Donphan, Starmie, Tentacruel, Foretress--all common rapid spinners, and all hit super effective or neutral by either a combination of electricity and water or grass. All the rapid spinners, even the uncommon ones are hit super effective and neutral, though it seems Wash has a slight advantage being able to hit Armaldo.

Spr_4p_479W.png

Rotom (W)@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
EVs: 120 HP/252 SAtk/136 Spd
~Thunderbolt/Thunder
~Hydropump
~Trick
~Will-o-wisp/Thunderwave/Raindance

Basically EVed to be faster than Starmie with Choice Scarf to allow me to hit it with Thunderbolt and the rest of the EVs were spread into SAtk and HP. Thunderbolt and Hydropump gets most rapid spinners with a super effective hit. Apart from the Starmie factor, the Choice Scarf is there to screw over anyone trying to switch in on it with trick, though Garchomp becomes a problem if it predicts the obvious--unless it doesn't know I'm not scarfed. Its really more of a support Pokemon so I'll probably be adjusting the nature and EVs a bit more. Thunder and Rain Dance for Rain teams.
Spr_4p_479L.png

Rotom (M)@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
~Thunderbolt
~Leaf Storm
~Trick
~Will-o-wisp/Thunderwave

Basically the same deal as abovewhen facing Starmie, except I'm not an open door to Garchomps and Electivires, though Heatran gets its switch in and less super effective coverage. Though it is more powerful on Donphan and a better accuracy.

Spr_4p_479R.png

Rotom (F)@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
~Thunderbolt
~Blizzard
~Trick
~Will-o-wisp/Thunderwave

You know, this would be the obvious choice for my Hail teams just as Wash is the obvious choice for Rain teams. Basically the same deal as the first two, except I don't have to fear Garchomps ^_^. I mean it is just too obvious what a Rotom will do up against a Starmie, and Blizzard will still hurt. I wonder if a Dragon Claw would kill me, because even if I give Garchom scarf, I will just stay in and try to kill it.

So anyone who makes a lame comment on how you are locked into a move when using choice items obviously did not read the comments, or else they would know that it is there to screw over my opponents while giving me the luxury of being faster than Starmie without scarf. I mean come on, using Choice scarf to set up status isn't that bad either.

So these are basically the only three Rotoms that I feel are useful for this purpose. Luckily they'd all have the same spread, so I only really need to train one :p

I got a Modest eevee in Platinum from bebe and wanted to know what would be the best to evolve it into

I have a Purugly that I call sleepy.
Why you may ask? Three of it's moves have to do with sleeping.
Rest
Sleep Talk
Hypnosis
Last Resort

Is this a good or bad idea?

It's a fun idea, but not a very good one. Purugly isn't really bulky enough to pull off a Restalk set, plus, with only Last Resort as an attacking move, you can't do anything to Rock/Steel/Ghost Pokemon after sleep clause is activated, making you really easy to set up on. I like the idea a lot, but it won't work competitively.

Shinx3000 - The eevee forms that work with modest are :-
Espeon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Glaceon

4 out of 7 as you can see =P
I prefer jolteon to the rest because of its really high speed.....

I'd say Vaporeon and Glaceon only for Modest because Jolteon and Espeon like a +Spd nature.

Either that, or Flareon..

Isnt flareon a physical attacker ?
I know its movepool is special based..........

Anyway a question:-
How can I get swords dance OR/AND agility onto a shednija ? Also whats the best nature for one ?

I know its movepool is special based..........

Anyway a question:-
How can I get swords dance OR/AND agility onto a shednija ? Also whats the best nature for one ?

According to Bulbapedia, no. Neither Shedinja or Nincada have it. However, you could try breeding one. Make sure the female is a Nincada and the male is compatible and has Swords Dance and/or Agility. Don't expect it to work, though.

As for the Nature, either Lonely or Naughty, as you don't have to worry about Defense or Sp. Defense, and Shedinja's highest stat is Attack.

It can do both. If it has decent special attack and a special-based movepool, it can go special-based. >_>

Also, you get Swords Dance/Agility by evolving a Nincada exactly at either level 25/38, respectively. As it evolves into Ninjask it'll attempt to learn the move you want, teach it, and Sheddy should have it.

Last edited:

Nevermind I found out via online chat room (purplesurge to be specific)

Okay...so I want to use the Togepi I got from Cynthia competitively, and after a few resets, here's what I got:

Mild nature, Mischievous
Ability: Hustle

I don't have IVs, but it's Special Attack is enormous, physical attack is so-so, and speed is also rather so-so. I figure with Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Extremespeed, and something else (at present it'll be my Fly-er, but that's only for in-game -- maybe Shadow Ball?), and holding a Wide Lens, little Spectre will be bringing on some major pain. Oh, and it's HP is Grass.

I feel like I'm missing something, though...can anyone spot what? I haven't EV trained her seriously yet, and don't even have a Shiny Stone to evolve her.

Hustle? Serence Grace is a better ability.

Hustle? Serence Grace is a better ability.

Yeah...but it means that Extremespeed is going to get a power boost, and I wasn't willing to test my luck at getting a highly probable 31 IV Special Attack stat with a +Sp. Atk. nature again just so I could have the other ability. I also think the accuracy drop could be mended with a Wide Lens, which I have the Coins to buy.

What moveset for a Togekiss with high Sp. Atk would be best? Right now its got Wish, Metronome, Fly, and Ancient Power...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom