• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it ok if i make a thread in the wanted station asking for someone to put a certain pokemon on gts for me?

and are 10th anniversary pokemon able to be sent over gts?

is it ok if i make a thread in the wanted station asking for someone to put a certain pokemon on gts for me?

You'd have to ask a moderator of the Wanted Station. Please keep in mind this thread is for questions related to the games only.

and are 10th anniversary pokemon able to be sent over gts?

Yes.

Does a pokemon going through day care gain EVs? Does pokemon taking rare candy gain EVs?

Sheer Force

Could someone explain how Sheer Force works on Braviary? I read about how if it was holding a Life Orb then Brave Bird would have no recoil damage. So, using a move like Superpower would still reduce stats and the ability will not work because the secondary effect of Superpower is negative correct?

Re: Sheer Force

Life Orb won't kick in if the move has a secondary effect - like a burn chance, ect. If you were to use something like Return, with no secondary effects, Life Orb would give recoil.

Re: Sheer Force

Actually, Life Orb DOES kick in, giving you the boost (Along with that of Sheer Force), but the recoil is cancelled.

And yes, specifically positive effects (chances of lowering stats or inflicting ailments, basically) are cancelled in exchange for power. Crush Claw becomes better than Return with a Life Orb, due to no recoil.

Nidoking is perhaps the best with Sheer Force, due to the following set:

Modest / Life Orb / Sheer Force
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed

Earth Power could reduce Sp. Defense, so that gets cancelled and power increases. The other three moves could inflict status ailments, so that's exchanged for power. All 4 moves get both Life Orb and Sheer Force, hitting with 169% of their usual force, and no recoil comes from Life Orb.

In the underground (Sinnoh), to meet other people... do I need to sit next to them with my DS or can I meet them over WiFi and FC in some way?

In the underground (Sinnoh), to meet other people... do I need to sit next to them with my DS or can I meet them over WiFi and FC in some way?

No; the Underground is Wireless only.

Life Orb won't kick in if the move has a secondary effect - like a burn chance, ect. If you were to use something like Return, with no secondary effects, Life Orb would give recoil.

Actually, Life Orb DOES kick in, giving you the boost (Along with that of Sheer Force), but the recoil is cancelled.

And yes, specifically positive effects (chances of lowering stats or inflicting ailments, basically) are cancelled in exchange for power. Crush Claw becomes better than Return with a Life Orb, due to no recoil.

Nidoking is perhaps the best with Sheer Force, due to the following set:

Modest / Life Orb / Sheer Force
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed

Earth Power could reduce Sp. Defense, so that gets cancelled and power increases. The other three moves could inflict status ailments, so that's exchanged for power. All 4 moves get both Life Orb and Sheer Force, hitting with 169% of their usual force, and no recoil comes from Life Orb.

Thanks for the help it makes sense now, using Brave Bird would mean nothing because of it having a negative effect the same with Superpower. So, a move like Crush Claw/Air Slash/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw would be boosted because the secondary effect would be lower opponent Defense/cause the opponent to flinch/critical hit, but those effects would be gone so the move themselves would be more powerful. Now I know how to set up Braviary's moveset.

I am getting the German version of Pokemon Black or White (haven't decided yet) because I hope it might help my German (I want to learn it, but it's damn hard).

However all my other games are in English, so my question is:

What are the advantages/disadvantages of getting a German game?
Does the Pokeshifter work with my English games etc.?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of getting a German game?

The obvious disadvantage is that you can't understand most of it. That's also the advantage though, if you're getting it to help learn German.

One of the only problems you should run into is when you're told to do something in-game, but you can't understand it. Other than that, it's like all of the other games. Get a team, kick butt, run around, save the world, kick even more butt, the end.

I can't help you with the Shifter question though, since I don't have any experience with B/W at all. :|

One of the only problems you should run into is when you're told to do something in-game, but you can't understand it.

I am gonna play it with my dictionary next to me at all time so that won't be much of a problem and if I don't know what to do I'll be using Bulbapedia, but thanks anyway.

each mightyena gives 2 Atk EV's so you would get the 200 Atk EV's by fighting 100 of them (200 Atk EV's means +50 Atk stat points at level 100)

skarmory can learn Fly / Cut / Rock Smash / Defog & is pretty sturdy - also bibarel can learn Surf / Strength / Rock Climb / Waterfall so they make a good pair for getting round the games

RNG can be read about here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/ & any RNG queries can be asked here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forumdisplay.php?f=459
thanks bro. :D
Also, I got a spiritomb from my brother. But it said he caught it at pokemon league. Is it a glitch or is it hacked?

thanks bro. :D
Also, I got a spiritomb from my brother. But it said he caught it at pokemon league. Is it a glitch or is it hacked?

he used a catch other trainer's pokemon code. it will be cynthia's spirtomb. its flawless, and should be considered a hack.

he used a catch other trainer's pokemon code. it will be cynthia's spirtomb. its flawless, and should be considered a hack.

Really? Because I was told that her Garchomp was flawless, but its attack is extremely low for its level. But that was also in Pearl, so I don't know about Platinum.

I've seen many Ipod/Iphone pokemon apps that are pokedexs. Which one is the best of them and is any of them affiliated with Bulbapedia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom