• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Hey guys, I got a question about the Heracronite and Pinsirite event going on right now. Is the serial code a single-use, unique code or is it the same for everyone? I'm really hoping it's not a unique code because I HATE GameStop more than you could possibly imagine and I really don't want to drive to the next town over just to go into a store I hate to get some stupid code.

The codes are unique.

Hey guys, I got a question about the Heracronite and Pinsirite event going on right now. Is the serial code a single-use, unique code or is it the same for everyone? I'm really hoping it's not a unique code because I HATE GameStop more than you could possibly imagine and I really don't want to drive to the next town over just to go into a store I hate to get some stupid code.

The codes are unique.

Crap. :thumbd: Thanks for the answer though.

Baton Pass

Quoting from Bulbapedia

"Baton Pass switches out the user, passing all temporary stats increases and decreases on to the Pokémon that replaces it in battle. Most volatile status conditions (such as confusion, seeding, and curse, but not infatuation) and volatile battle statuses (such as Substitute, Lock-On, and Ingrain) can also be passed."

However, we do not have an update regarding the effect of Baton Pass for Gen 6.

My question is, if I Mega Evolve, let's say Mawile(for Atk/Def boost), and use Baton Pass and I choose Feraltigatr, does the Atk/Def boost from Mega Evlotution of Mawile also passes to Feraligatr?

Thanks!

Baton Pass

Quoting from Bulbapedia

"Baton Pass switches out the user, passing all temporary stats increases and decreases on to the Pokémon that replaces it in battle. Most volatile status conditions (such as confusion, seeding, and curse, but not infatuation) and volatile battle statuses (such as Substitute, Lock-On, and Ingrain) can also be passed."

However, we do not have an update regarding the effect of Baton Pass for Gen 6.

My question is, if I Mega Evolve, let's say Mawile(for Atk/Def boost), and use Baton Pass and I choose Feraltigatr, does the Atk/Def boost from Mega Evlotution of Mawile also passes to Feraligatr?

Thanks!

No. The attack/defense boosts transferred by Baton Pass are things like Swords Dance/Defense Curl boosts. The stat boost provided by Mega Evolution come in the form of a base stat increase (e.g. Mawile's), so they do not transfer.

Just a quick question as I've never tried this before:

If I press B on the evolve screen, when one of my Pokemon want to evolve, will I have a chance to evolve it again?

Just a quick question as I've never tried this before:

If I press B on the evolve screen, when one of my Pokemon want to evolve, will I have a chance to evolve it again?

Yes, when it levels up again, it will start to evolve.

HELP Please

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to get a machop (machoke or Machamp) with bullet punch, I have a Riolu with bullet punch.... if i evolve it into Lucario can i breed it with a machop and get bullet punch machop that way ?

if not whats the best way to do so ?

thanks.

Re: HELP Please

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to get a machop (machoke or Machamp) with bullet punch, I have a Riolu with bullet punch.... if i evolve it into Lucario can i breed it with a machop and get bullet punch machop that way ?

if not whats the best way to do so ?

thanks.
You should be able to. Considering they can already learn that move by breeding, and they both get Bullet Punch from Hitmonchan, I would be shocked if they couldn't.

(That is called chain-breeding if I am not mistaken.)

Re: HELP Please

Thanks,
Yeah am pretty new to breeding, so am i right in thinking that if i breed machop with machop i still have a chance of getting a machop with bullet punch but it's just more likely if I do it with a pokemon that already knows the move ?

No, Bullet Punch Is an egg move for Machop. Machop has to be put on the daycare with 1.) a Pokemon that knows Bullet Punch and 2.) A Pokemon it can breed with.

While Hitmonchan is the only Pokemon Machop can breed with that learns Bullet Punch normally (without breeding), a Lucario that already knows Bullet Punch also fulfills the two conditions above.

Two other facts to further your knowledge:
¤When breeding moves the Mother has priority for passing down moves over the father.

¤Since the mother is always the same species as the egg (unless there is a ditto involved), any move you breed onto it will stay if you start breeding with another Pokemon.
Ex. After breeding Bullet Punch onto Machop, breed a female Machop w/ Bullet Punch with a Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick to breed Machops that know Bullet Punch AND Blaze Kick.
Please note that you HAVE to have a female to continue the Machop line.

No, Bullet Punch Is an egg move for Machop. Machop has to be put on the daycare with 1.) a Pokemon that knows Bullet Punch and 2.) A Pokemon it can breed with.

While Hitmonchan is the only Pokemon Machop can breed with that learns Bullet Punch normally (without breeding), a Lucario that already knows Bullet Punch also fulfills the two conditions above.

¤When breeding moves the Mother has priority for passing down moves over the father.

¤Since the mother is always the same species as the egg (unless there is a ditto involved), any move you breed onto it will stay if you start breeding with another Pokemon.
Ex. After breeding Bullet Punch onto Machop, breed a female Machop w/ Bullet Punch with a Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick to breed Machops that know Bullet Punch AND Blaze Kick.

thanks, very helpful.
so i'm pretty much f-ed as the lucario with bullet is female and the machop is male .... so i'm always going to get a lucario ?

unless i breed lucario until i get a male with bullet punch and then breed with a female machop ?

thanks, very helpful.
so i'm pretty much f-ed as the lucario with bullet is female and the machop is male .... so i'm always going to get a lucario ?

unless i breed lucario until i get a male with bullet punch and then breed with a female machop ?

That is correct. You are getting the hang of this. ;)

If you ever have any other questions about stuff like that you can always drop a PM and I'll see if I can help ya.

Hi guys. I already completed the Coastal Kalos Dex with all 153 Pokemon, but the crown that appears next to the number doesn't appear. Does anyone knows why?

I think the cause is that some of the Pokemon have the Pokeball symbol. If that's the reason, my question would be...It's necessary that the legendary birds have the Kalos-born symbol for the crown to appear?

That will not take long, because you'll get a male Riolu 7 out of 8 times when breeding. The only real time required is to evolve one into a Lucario (but a Soothe Bell with Befriending O-Power can go a long way towards that).

Hi guys! Which is much better(or most effective), Smoksecreen or Double Team(for Mega Charizard Y) moveset??

Hi guys! Which is much better(or most effective), Smoksecreen or Double Team(for Mega Charizard Y) moveset??

Evasion boosts are usually more effective than accuracy boosts, but consider:
- Evasion is associated with the defending Pokemon (not reset if attacker switches out)
- Accuracy is associated with the attacking Pokemon (can't be reset by Foresight/Odor Slueth).
- Chip Away / Unaware ignore evasion but not accuracy

To get the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stones in Canada, I hear you have to agree to get the newsletter from your trainer profile on Pokemon.com
is that this?:
newsletter agree.png
And if not, how can I get Heracronite in Canada?

Last edited:

To get the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stones in Canada, I hear you have to agree to get the newsletter from your trainer profile on Pokemon.com
is that this?:
View attachment 95887
And if not, how can I get Heracronite in Canada?

That looks like the right news letter but I don't think Canada is getting the free mega stone.

Evasion boosts are usually more effective than accuracy boosts, but consider:
- Evasion is associated with the defending Pokemon (not reset if attacker switches out)
- Accuracy is associated with the attacking Pokemon (can't be reset by Foresight/Odor Slueth).
- Chip Away / Unaware ignore evasion but not accuracy

Got it! Maybe I'll choose Double Team for this.

Thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom