• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this might sound stupid

I was in the Great Marsh, and talked to a man. He said that bait made pokemon more likely to flee. This didn't make sense. Is this an error?

I don't think so, but there is an error in what he says. Bait = easier to catch, more likely to run, and mud = harder to catch, less likely to run.

I just spent a long time in the Marsh catching Carvanha, and it worked that way for me the whole time.

Weird question, but...

If one has Pokémon FireRed and the other LeafGreen, could a DS Lite and a Gameboy SP trade? Or does it have to be two SP/Advance Gameboys? (Or could two DSes somehow work as well?) Just wondering. ;D Mucho thanks in advance.

Weird question, but...

If one has Pokémon FireRed and the other LeafGreen, could a DS Lite and a Gameboy SP trade? Or does it have to be two SP/Advance Gameboys? (Or could two DSes somehow work as well?) Just wondering. ;D Mucho thanks in advance.

Since the only physical port for a cable (the charger) is only available to fit the charger, trading is not possible. You have to have two advances to trade between Advance games.

In Bulbapedia's Pokémon articles, it lists the EV yield for that Pokémon. Why does it list a yield for experience?

Its just information, presumbably there in case someone wants to ensure they hit a certain amount of exp EXACTLy

How come on the Platinum GTS, it doesn't show the level of the pokemon someone wants like it did in DP? For example, I was looking for Garchomps and someone offered one for an Eevee, but I couldn't trade my Eevee for it and when I went to check it on Pearl, it showed that the person wanted a high leveled Eevee. Is it normal for Platinum's GTS not to show the levels?

Not to be pushy but I would really like to know if anyone has any info regarding my last question.

Its most likely just something that the game developers though was insignificant. It has no real relevance other than short inconvience.

Ok, that's just annoying. But I have another question too. Today in Platinum Snowpoint seemed to be sparkling. I've heard of that happening before as a easter egg type thing, Diamond Dust I believe, but is the rain on Route 212 supposed to stop too? Considering that the rain on Route 215 is still going strong I thought that's kinda strange.

Ok, that's just annoying. But I have another question too. Today in Platinum Snowpoint seemed to be sparkling. I've heard of that happening before as a easter egg type thing, Diamond Dust I believe, but is the rain on Route 212 supposed to stop too? Considering that the rain on Route 215 is still going strong I thought that's kinda strange.

Really, Diamond Dust today!? Yay! <D

Anyway, I do not believe it is supposed to. I have never encountered rain stopping in Gen. IV.....

Is porygon-2 able to learn tri attack by level 42 in Pokemon Platinum? In the veilstone galactic building, the scientist with a Porygon-2 was able to make his use Tri Attack on me.

Is porygon-2 able to learn tri attack by level 42 in Pokemon Platinum? In the veilstone galactic building, the scientist with a Porygon-2 was able to make his use Tri Attack on me.

Nope, its still level 51. There is a trainer in Platinum that has a level 33 or 34 Rapidash, so there is a few instances of pokemon evolutions or knowing moves that can't actually before they are supposed to used by NPCs

In platinum, does the zoom lens increase accuracy more than the wide lens?

Also, sometimes when I decide that I want to make a trade over Wifi, I will have the pokemon that is being requested, but the game won't recognize it as such. What causes this?

Last edited:
Is there a way I can trade between my copy of paltinum and diamond with only one DS?

Is there a way I can trade between my copy of paltinum and diamond with only one DS?

Not as far as I know. the only way I know is to register your friend code from your diamond game on platinum and vice versa, add your friend code from platinum on diamond card, have both in two DS and go to trade in lower part of Pokemon center, don't think there is any other way of doing it.

When you battle legendaries and run away/fain them, how long is it in Platinum before they regenerate?

What a shame you cant trade between yourself

Anyways after you beat the elite four all legendaries will reset except with crestalina and mespirit you need to vist them in order for them to be reset

If I caught a shiny in Emerald, will it transfer to Platinum as a shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom