• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the honey trees, how many hours must it be before you can check your trees? I noticed that sometimes even after 6 hours, the tree doesn't shake. At other times it does, but despite it's shaking, it's just another common pokemon.

How many times must you water the berry trees to get full harvest and what's the max harvest for each tree??

EDIT: Also, I've been wondering how do you get the pokeball item next to the Eterna City Gym??

Last edited:
For the gym Q- Go between the first two trees and there should be a space to get to the item.

As for trees, I've done it a couple of times and twice it never shook >.< Other times it took between 15-40 minutes, I checked on it every 15.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Honey_tree
^At the "Encounter Table" it will show what will most likely be shaking there, so hope that answers your Q >.<

As for trees, I've done it a couple of times and twice it never shook >.< Other times it took between 15-40 minutes, I checked on it every 15.

eh are you talking about berry or honey trees? berry trees don't shake and they only have pokemon after 6 hrs have passed.

I've had times when honey tree never shook at all but when I pressed A on it I get a pokemon like Combee.

I was talking about the honey trees as that was mentioned in your post >.<

I have no clue on berries >.<

How does the everstone trick work when breeding a ditto with a genderless pokemon? Do I still give the everstone to the ditto or could I give it to the genderless one?

You give the everstone to the ditto, and then there's a 50% chance for the ditto's nature to be passed to the offspring.

what part of mt.coronet do you find a dawn stone in? or is it a razor claw? either way I need help finding them both.

what part of mt.coronet do you find a dawn stone in? or is it a razor claw? either way I need help finding them both

Dawn stones are on route 225 and one in mt coronet not sure which part and razor claw is on victory road not sure where there though and route 224

Apart from victory road and mt coronet they are the only two place pre E4 you can get items. Other two are post E4. For Dawn stone It's usually across a body of water near the area where you first met Cyrus in mt coronet. There is one in Iron Island I think, just start by taking the left stairs and continue to the ground level, there you should find the Dawn Stone (Might be D/P, not sure if in Platinum too)

You give the everstone to the ditto, and then there's a 50% chance for the ditto's nature to be passed to the offspring.

I knew thats how it worked with pokémon with definite genders but otherwise, I was confused, thanks! :ksmile:

Tri-Attack Question
Is porygon-2 able to learn tri attack by level 42 in Pokemon Platinum? In the veilstone galactic building, the scientist with a Porygon-2 was able to make his use Tri Attack on me.

Nope, its still level 51. There is a trainer in Platinum that has a level 33 or 34 Rapidash, so there is a few instances of pokemon evolutions or knowing moves that can't actually before they are supposed to used by NPCs
It is not necessarily a hack, as Porygon and Porygon 2 both learn Tri-Attack at lv36 in G3. However, there are trainers with 'hacked' Pokémon, like Shinx3000's example, and I remember an Emerald trainer with a lv39 Exploud.

In platinum, does the zoom lens increase accuracy more than the wide lens?
Wide Lens increases accuracy by 10%, Wide lens raises the Critical Hit Ratio if the user moves after the foe.

Also, sometimes when I decide that I want to make a trade over Wifi, I will have the pokemon that is being requested, but the game won't recognize it as such. What causes this?
That is due to the removal of levels in wanted Pokémon in Platinum, but they still remain in DP. So it's a DP/Pt compatibility error.

Munchlax
Were for art thow Munchlax?

Honey Trees (or me).

Only 4 trees have munckax and only then it's a 2% chace is there anyway of knowing which tree?

I know for a fact Route 222's Honey Tree can bring in the Munchlax.

Its varied all the time, so maybe your game gets a munchlax there, but others may not, its something related to your trainer ID that determines what pokmeon appear at what tree, but I don't know what, it was said before on this thread I think. Apparently if the tree shakes BIG then you got a rare pokemon like heracross or Munchlax, otherwise you get wurmple, silcoon, aipom etc... see: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-36614.html
No tree is set to have Munchlax, it is 4 random ones based off your trainer ID (and/or hidden ID). There is no way to tell except through experience. The closer to 12 hours after lathering the Honey, the more likely it is to be a rare Pokémon. It is also possible to SR in front of a Honey tree.

About the honey trees, how many hours must it be before you can check your trees? I noticed that sometimes even after 6 hours, the tree doesn't shake. At other times it does, but despite it's shaking, it's just another common pokemon.
The closer to 12 hours after lathering the Honey, the more likely it is to be a rare Pokémon. It is also possible to SR in front of a Honey tree. The larger the shaking, the rarer the Pokémon.

How many times must you water the berry trees to get full harvest and what's the max harvest for each tree??
For each tree, look up that berry on Bulbapedia. To get the max harvest, they must be watered at least once per growth cycle.

I've got a Wii and I'm in Solaceon Town in Platinum. Now, is "My Pokemon Ranch" worth downloading or should I save my Wii points until it's upgraded to work with "Platinum"?
If you already have My Pokemon Ranch, the platinum update is free. If you do a lot of breeding, want to interact with your Pokémon, or just want Phione/Mew, then you should download it.

For each tree, look up that berry on Bulbapedia. To get the max harvest, they must be watered at least once per growth cycle.
Wah! I had the impression that I must water a lot of times per growth cycle guess not! Thanks alot!

One more question about honey trees though, is it true that slathering honey more than one times on a tree (assuming there has been no 24hour resetting) will increase the chance of encountering a rare pokemon?

I just thought of something. In the Red/Blue games, there's a Global Police Officer on the S.S. Anne tracking Team Rocket, right? Do you think that might've been Looker or just a coincidence?

You remember that guy, right?

I just thought of something. In the Red/Blue games, there's a Global Police Officer on the S.S. Anne tracking Team Rocket, right? Do you think that might've been Looker or just a coincidence?

You remember that guy, right?

I remember. That officer and Looker being the same person, and both working for the Global Police, is not a coincidence. I believe they are two different people. If I'm not mistaken, that police officer did not have any prominent role in the game apart from being an NPC who is undercover and in pursuit of Team Rocket.

Another thing, if that Officer is in pursuit of Team Rocket, it is likely that he is in Johto during the GSC timeline. Taking into consideration that GSC events takes place at the same time with DPPt, Looker is in pursuit of Team Galactic. So basically, they are two different people.

Last edited:
Is there a platinum update for my pokémon ranch? if so, how do I get it?

I believe it's only released in Japan at the moment. You will receive it the same way you got Ranch. Free of charge for those that downloaded Ranch, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom