• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what the most recent Tanabata Jirachi is for yet in HGSS?

If you continue to rest at the Old Lady's Rest Stop on Rt111 in Emerald, do you eventually get some kind of reward or something?

If you continue to rest at the Old Lady's Rest Stop on Rt111 in Emerald, do you eventually get some kind of reward or something?

As far as I know, there is no reward. It's just a joke. A similar heal lady is in DPPt as well (Route 227, amirite?) if I remember correctly.

Is it possible to upload pokemon from a Platinum/HG/SS cartridge to PBR?

If so, what happens to Origin Giratina and the Rotom Formes?

Also, I'm pretty sure you can do this, but can pokemon with Platinum/HG/SS-exclusive moves be used without being turned into Bad Eggs? For example, Zapdos with Heat Wave or Bibarel with Curse, both learned in Platinum, or Blissey with Seismic Toss, which can only be learned from Generation III.

Is it possible to upload pokemon from a Platinum/HG/SS cartridge to PBR?

If so, what happens to Origin Giratina and the Rotom Formes?
As far as Platinum goes, it gets treated like a DP cartridge. All alternate forms are just treated as the original form available in DP. Giratina will not be holding Griseous Orb when you try to copy it and Rotom and Shaymin's forms will revert to normal.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can do this, but can pokemon with Platinum/HG/SS-exclusive moves be used without being turned into Bad Eggs? For example, Zapdos with Heat Wave or Bibarel with Curse, both learned in Platinum, or Blissey with Seismic Toss, which can only be learned from Generation III.

Any Pokémon with any move (hacked or not) can be transfered into PBR. I have a No Guard Machoke with Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Horn Drill (from a glitch that occured on my LeafGreen) and it accepts it on PBR.

Even though Member Card is not being distributed over WFC Mystery Gift any longer, if I have a friend who has it, can they send it to me by the "Get from a Friend" option? Or is it "Get via Wireless" option?

Even though Member Card is not being distributed over WFC Mystery Gift any longer, if I have a friend who has it, can they send it to me by the "Get from a Friend" option? Or is it "Get via Wireless" option?

Nope. Unfortunately, the only Mystery Gift that allowed sharing was the Japanese Secret Key event.

I'm confused about how Psywave works.

At level 100, will the base power be between 100-150, or does it take away between 100-150 HP? If its the first thing... Psywave could be a potentially great [albeit, unreliable] move.

[bp=Psywave_(move)]This should explain it.[/bp] The amount of damage can be anywhere from 50-150 for a level 100 Pokémon, which is why it isn't used often.

I don't know why I was wondering this, but...
Can trainers' Pokémon be Shiny, or is the 1/8192 (Or whatever) probablity stuff only generated for Wild Encounters?

Can trainers' Pokémon be Shiny, or is the 1/8192 (Or whatever) probablity stuff only generated for Wild Encounters?

If you mean battling, then no, the shinyness, i.e. for the shiny Espeon in the Trainer Tower in FRLG, has to be programmed in as GF physically creates the game, I do believe.

If you mean battling, then no, the shinyness, i.e. for the shiny Espeon in the Trainer Tower in FRLG, has to be programmed in as GF physically creates the game, I do believe.

So it actually has to be pre-determined in the coding for a trainer to actually have a shiny Pokémon.
I thought it'd be something like that, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks :)

Trainer's pokemon can't be shiny unless they were programmed that way.

However, what I found out, that Wally's (the rival in R/S/E) Ralts can be shiny. (By soft-resetting.)

Trainer's pokemon can't be shiny unless they were programmed that way.

However, what I found out, that Wally's (the rival in R/S/E) Ralts can be shiny. (By soft-resetting.)

No way!? That's sweet! :D

Did it remain shiny in battles with him? I can understand it being shiny while he's catching it because it's a wild Pokémon encounter but that would conflict with the "no trainers have shinies unless programmed to" rule.

If I capture a Pokemon, and give it a nickname, but then change it's name back to it's original name via the Name Rater, will the game still consider it as being nicknamed?

(Example: I nickname a CHARMANDER Billy, but then change it's name back to CHARMANDER. When CHARMANDER evolves, will it's name change to CHARMELEON, or will it stay CHARMANDER?)

If I capture a Pokemon, and give it a nickname, but then change it's name back to it's original name via the Name Rater, will the game still consider it as being nicknamed?

(Example: I nickname a CHARMANDER Billy, but then change it's name back to CHARMANDER. When CHARMANDER evolves, will it's name change to CHARMELEON, or will it stay CHARMANDER?)

The game will recognize it's name being "CHARMELEON" after evolution, if it wasn't nicknamed through evolution.

The game will recognize it's name being "CHARMELEON" after evolution, if it wasn't nicknamed through evolution.

So basically, no, the game won't recognize it as being nicknamed anymore. Am I getting that right?

I play pokemon platinum and i was wondering something..

I'm trying to get a gengar to complete the sinnoh dex and eventually get the national dex but There isn't a wild Gengar (obviously) and I don't think there's a NPC trainer in the game that has a gengar,is there?

Also i can't trade a haunter for it because
1. I have no friends with DPPt or other gba games to trade by Pal park or the connection cable
2. I tried setting up my ds' wifi connection MANUALLY and it failed. Cant find an access point cos it says my internet line ISNT supported by nintendo or whatever it was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom