• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Since the Pokémon world has cars...

manathief

I was Lawnmowergirl
Reaction score
Think about it. In a world where the only real prerequisite for having potentially dangerous pets and travelling the world unsupervised is being ten years of age or older (and, in some continuities, passing a qualification exam), what would be the ages you'd have to be to do other things?

I mean, for example, in the Pokémon world, there are a few people with automobiles. So...What would the driving age be in a world where being ten lets you have deadly pets?

Any thoughts?

Hmmm... did Gary drive his car back in season 1?

But in a world when kids go unsupervised out in the world with fire-breathing pets and stuff I'm pretty sure they get a driver's licence about twelwe years old or something :loopy:

Just saw the first episode and someone else drives it for him.

Anyways, I think that like in real world you must be around 16 to be allowed to drive. Otherwise you would be limited by your own height.

they could make the seats more adjustable. the legal driving age probably around 10 and the permit around 7

Brock's Friend also drived a truck at the star of Diamond/Pearl, and there were Houses in trucks in that movie, pkmn ranger and the sea temple.

I guess 10-15 would be the ages.

man it would rule being like 13 and hitting up the clubs on weekends.
just sayin'

That goes to a previous thread of how old Team Rocket really is. As far as I know, there are only a handful of times either Jessie or James drove vehicles. Mostly Meowth drove them around.

I don't think that it's any different from our world. The same rules apply in their world but it's just that Pokemon exist. And starting your journey at the age of 10 was an anime thing. In the games we see trainers of all ages. Are we supposed to assume that because there are youngsters and twins and schoolkids that the driving age is even younger? Yeah, I'm gonna go with 16. :-|

I wouldn't even bet on a set age. More a set standard of capability and responsibility based on the vehicle and background of the would-be driver. Still. A minimum? About 15 I guess.

No it isn't, it just mirrored the fact that your character in the games was always 10--up until B/W, anyway.
Red was 11 in the manual and it was in his page, but Bulbapedia seems to have been edited...good thing Leaf's hasn't:
Leaf's page said:
Leaf is presumably 11 years old, the same age as her male counterpart.
Damn animé...

Personally, I figured it was 16 for a Driving Licence, 18 for other things such as drinking.

i agree with Fuuro(the User) that it hasn't a set age, but maybe a capability test or whatnot

so seeing as he hasn't got a licence it could be argued that he is infact in his mid 20's and still not eligible to drive, placing the pokemonz drving age at the very least at the late 20's.
this could mean that the cheerleader that drove Gary around in the old episodes was in fact at least in her late 20's.
creepy...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom