• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So, uh, how about that election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been an outrageously long election season.

More Palin fun. Despite the U.S. economy going to Hell in a hand basket everyone's favorite governor from Alaska finds ways to make news.

Apparently the McCain campaign has given the "troopergate" investigation a big fat middle finger. They said they will not cooperate because the investigation is partisan politics despite the fact the thing is run by a majority Republican panel that has bent over backwards for her. Translation, she's screwed or at least she thinks she is.

On a lighter note its been discovered that Palin bought a private tanning bed for the governor's mansion. Alaskans like tanning booths due to the lack of sunlight. So she had to get her own.

But isn't there is old guy running for President? Right, he was talking about how the fundamentals of the U.S. economy are strong as the financial market gets rocked. Then he said he meant the workers.

Obama and Biden gave some zingers during all this but other than that weren't much of a presence as McCain and Palin shot themselves in the foot. The question is if people will notice them hopping.

Nah, the more they act stupid, the more people will like them. Obama really needs a corncob pipe, a straw hat, and a banjo.

The Big Al said:
On a lighter note its been discovered that Palin bought a private tanning bed for the governor's mansion. Alaskans like tanning booths due to the lack of sunlight. So she had to get her own.

She did that during Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Which sounds iike I'm trying to make a bad joke. Sadly...not a joke.

Zeta said:
He just wanted to share America's wealth with the rest of the world! Via force! If America is happy, making the rest of the world America would make EVERYONE happy!

There's no trickle-down effect for happiness?

She did that during Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Which sounds iike I'm trying to make a bad joke. Sadly...not a joke.

Even more insulting when you consider McCain has issues with it (I think) as does Laura Bush.

More and more, every day, I see Palin unraveling. People are beginning to see why McCain picked her: desperation to win votes with a pair of boobs. Now if only the media would grow a pair and corner Palin with real questions, we'd be set.

Well, we would be, in a perfect world where people cared about the issues and not personalities.

Honestly, do you think Barack Hussein Obama would have had half the problems if he was a white guy named Johnny All-American Smith?

On another topic, McCain's lead is on the down slide. His bump from the Palin pick and the RNC is being crushed under Wall Street going to hell and Ike tearing up Texas.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110416/Gallup-Daily-Presidential-Contest-Remains-Dead-Heat.aspx

Now is the time to go for the Jugular, Obama! >=D

GrnMarvl13 said:
There's no trickle-down effect for happiness?

As a great [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] member used to say, the problem with trickle-down happiness is poor returns :p.

Now if only the media would grow a pair and corner Palin with real questions, we'd be set.

I'm sure the normal media would drill her, but the problem is that she refuses to talk to them! And yet, people still support her, when they know nothing except what FOXNews says about her ("She's a mommy! She hunts! Yaayyy!!!" =P). What I said about her hinding behind curtain on the last page? That's true.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...om-the-trail-palin-stays-behind-the-curtains/

I'm sure the normal media would drill her, but the problem is that she refuses to talk to them! And yet, people still support her, when they know nothing except what FOXNews says about her ("She's a mommy! She hunts! Yaayyy!!!" =P). What I said about her hiding behind curtain on the last page? That's true.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...om-the-trail-palin-stays-behind-the-curtains/

Things like that make me look more and more to the Vice Presidential Debate. A Presidential Debate isn't something you can cram for in a month.

If Joe Biden does this right he can tear her to pieces and show the world the fraud she is.

Watching the McCain-Palin rally in Vienna, OH today I can see more of her fraudulent credentials. She speaks down to people and offers nothing more than anecdotal BS.

McCain's strategy is largely banking on Ohio, I think. And from what unbiased polls I read, it's still a swing state. McCain's leading slightly, but if Obama hammers down the issue on the economy he'll gain ground quickly.

ROFL! That's too rich.

I know McCain and his campaign talk about how Obama is going after Palin so much. Well, considering how your batting everyone away from her, people want to know what you're hiding.

EDIT: WTF!

Last edited:
As a political science major, I follow this very closely, and I have to say it's appalling to see what McCain is doing. First of all, he is nothing more than an immoral coward who bullies the media into makeing him this glorified American God, and he's useing this same power to protect Pallin, and attempt to steal the women voters from Obama. It's down right degradeing to women to think of them as so simple minded, not to mention the rest of the country, thinking that anyone would just vote for her because she is a woman.

I'm an Obama supporter, but I'm not here to tell anyone who they should or should not vote for, I just pray all of you who can vote, or have parents who can....please pay close attention and know exactly who or what you are voteting for.

Oh, you guys didn't know this?

Yeah, he's really smart, he even created this really cool complany called microsoft. Yeah, he should totally be running our country!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!

Why does the media always put this stupid and pointless stuff out there?

Don't mistake this post for support for McCain, but Democrats jumping on this Blackberry thing is just as bad as Republicans making a big deal about the "lipstick on a pig" comment.

It's fair to jump on McCain for the "fundamentals of our economy are strong" comment (or mantra, because he seems to love saying it) - but I would lay off this comment because at the end of the day - it's just some moronic comment made by a surrogate.

The problem isn't that the media isn't "tough" on Palin - in fact, they're being too tough and not tough enough. They're being too tough by trying to get "gotcha" moments, while not being tough enough by asking REAL questions - i.e., doing their job.

They're not being allowed to ask questions real or otherwise of her. And she does is recycle her materials so there's nothing new on her. All they really can do is lie in wait for gotcha moments (which to be honest come once or twice a day). Really, the McCain campaign has brought this mess upon themselves.

The Blackberry statement is fair game because it was the guy's answer to why McCain was the right choice to fix the economy which right now the hot issue. It's completely false (Blackberry is a Canadian invention so nothing done in America would have greatly affected its conception) and even if it was true it doesn't answer the question.

The problem isn't that the media isn't "tough" on Palin - in fact, they're being too tough and not tough enough. They're being too tough by trying to get "gotcha" moments, while not being tough enough by asking REAL questions - i.e., doing their job.

The media, atleast the media she's speaks with, fears McCain. He has been known for going after the media anytime they throw his name or the names of anyone he's associated out there with in a bad manner, and giveing them hell. They don't want to deal with that, which doesn't really matter anyway, because it's time American voters depended on their own opinions for once, and not the opinions of the media.

She's just going to keep on giving out folksy annecdotes about small-town "wisdom" and being a mom while avoiding talking about any real issues.

But that seems to losing its charm. Her numbers are starting to slip suggesting people are already getting tired of it.

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

Obama's taken back the lead, 47% to 45%. Within the margin of error, but this is a good sign. A few more bank collapses and Obama-Biden out on the stump mad as hell about it, the better things look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom