• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Solar System Mafia - ENDGAME - What Revolves Around the Sun Now? [MAFIA WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had checked due to the whole strangeness you would see the quote you quoted was long after Ghostly's vote and she did not unvote. The final vote count is the right one as Elementar unvoted after jd gave him a chance to unvote.

The only thing I saw against her was she suggested Pluto as godfather. I was originally thinking the same thing too. So I don't see how that makes her scummy. I fail to see anything making her scummy.

And as I just pointed out some aren't like that. Seth's wasn't. Thus its irrelevant because there is no rhyme or reason.

Seraphy has said they'll reveal their role during this day phase, which makes it clear its a town role.
The first corrected VC jd posted was supposed to be the mid-day one, not the current one of the time. In that VC there were votes from 3 people counting as 4 and Ghostly wasn't in, I think that's enough proof that the Double Voter is one of you/Hellcrow, not Ghostly.

Ghostly was much more fluffy than you, though; you also were the main reason TFON was lynched unlike her.

So what? If at least some are related it is worth discussing potential characters and their alignments/roles.

It's not clear, all she says is that she'll claim, everyone can do that.
Zexy is most likely town.
Is it role-related?
At this point, I think it's worth putting less weight into figuring out who's scum based on meta and more what's in front of us game-wise.

I was more stressed in XYZ Mafia and putting more thought into the game deciding that my mental energy in this game has been depleted. And ignoring them? I was calling you out for initially dismissing the possibility of independents.

I was giving TFON the benefit of the doubt by explaining what happened. Instead, was a bunch of dodging of my questions.

*coughcoughwifomcoughcough*

Soft claiming commuter?
Just a difference in philosophy.

Why is dismissing the possibility of independents a scummy thing? Mafia benefits from thinking about them and figuring them out just like town does.

I'll say it again, some WIFOM aren't really 50-50, so you can use them as arguments.

Maybe. If I'm soft-claiming it, it means I don't want to hardclaim it yet, why should I do so just because you pointed it out?
That's why I'm voting him.
Then you're voting me because of your anti-meta philosophy. Again.

So what? If at least some are related it is worth discussing potential characters and their alignments/roles.
Wait wait wait. I say we shouldn't discuss it, but part of your reasoning against Ghostly is that she discussed it. Well if that's not hypocritical then I'm not female.
There is a difference between implying an active role and then saying you'll explain it knowing people will make sure you do and just saying "I'll claim" without any indication of what it could be. It was also a failed action on a mafia member.
Why is dismissing the possibility of independents a scummy thing? Mafia benefits from thinking about them and figuring them out just like town does.
And why are you dismissing them? Town wincon says all threats which implies there might be more. Dismissing them seems like a way to say "oh that person claimed indep thus they must be lying scum" if someone claims indep.
Then you're voting me because of your anti-meta philosophy. Again.
Congratulations on noticing that I'm voting you because I find your actions to be scummy. (y)

Wait wait wait. I say we shouldn't discuss it, but part of your reasoning against Ghostly is that she discussed it. Well if that's not hypocritical then I'm not female.

There is a difference between implying an active role and then saying you'll explain it knowing people will make sure you do and just saying "I'll claim" without any indication of what it could be. It was also a failed action on a mafia member.

And why are you dismissing them? Town wincon says all threats which implies there might be more. Dismissing them seems like a way to say "oh that person claimed indep thus they must be lying scum" if someone claims indep.

Congratulations on noticing that I'm voting you because I find your actions to be scummy. (y)
You say we shouldn't discuss it, I think it is OK to do so, but it should not be the only thing to do; I don't accuse Ghostly of discussing that, I accuse her for the early-game fluff.

I know but scum can fake that and hold off claiming for quite a while, getting a pass until then. It's not bad to be paranoid of it.

Because I didn't think they fit in a game where there had to be 9 planets (the 8 of the system + Moon which has already flipped) and 2 more (which had to be scum for number balance). I didn't really expect Uranus to be mafia, it felt kinda random; I also admitted right away that Uranus being mafia means my previous theory is false and there is room for indeps.

Bringing up meta isn't necessarily scummy, though.

And we are still waiting on that claim.

Maybe. If I'm soft-claiming it, it means I don't want to hardclaim it yet, why should I do so just because you pointed it out?

That claim is so hard that on the Moh Scale, it may be a Rhenium diboride - Wikipedia

Bringing up meta isn't necessarily scummy, though.

No, but using it as a basis for reads at this point doesn't earn town points.

Because I didn't think they fit in a game where there had to be 9 planets (the 8 of the system + Moon which has already flipped) and 2 more (which had to be scum for number balance). I didn't really expect Uranus to be mafia, it felt kinda random; I also admitted right away that Uranus being mafia means my previous theory is false and there is room for indeps.

Fine, but you dismissed that possibility of ITPs without much justification before the fact despite being asked to and all of sudden, did a 180 on the possibility after the fact but still lacking justification from doing so. So far, your main action is basically "X isn't possible, therefore, Y" with all your WIFOM and then using them as arguments to justify your arguments as they are conclusive.

Firstly, sorry for my inactivity. Here's my interpretation so far.

I think it's Zexy.

His behavior hasn't been town Zexy. Our godfather quoted him, and I can only imagine he got the idea because Zexy is our scum partner. And the Space nightkill. He acted like it was an obvious choice but it wasn't. Me and Ghostly who were being townread by the thread were optimum choices, obvious ones. Not Space who was a potential mislynch for mislynch of a townie.

I gotta say I agree. For me, there's a tone about scum Zexy that doesn't seem right.

Disagreed.

You admitted yourself I'm a bit too easy scum to get, if Chaos II and XY&Z are any indication. TFON tried too hard interacting with me in an attempt to frame me imo. I can even see you being the other scum who suggested this whole plan but it may be just paranoia.

I can also see the other scum being inactive (thus TFON took the kill on himself and went for Space for punny reasons). I don't think there are more than two scum, so just one left. Although there could (and probably should) be an indep as Uranus as mafia really throws off most theories. In any case I don't expect any more planets being mafia, although one could be indep; the other mafia is some non-planet, Sun/Pluto/asteroids/idk?

Trying to shift focus onto inactive players in an attempt to save themself. You keep refering to XY&Z as some indication of your playstyle. Here, you say that you're easy to get as scum. If WO thinks you're easy scum, that just further proves their point.

Why not? It's not too long of a list for someone to read, and you should generally read all the posts in a game.

With Uranus as Godfather I doubt that all; gotta wonder if scum!you would bring that up soon before TFON's lynch to look town, though. Bringing up role scenarios just before a mafia lynch disproves it all sounds like the kind of thing scum would do.

Why not? It was this exact speculation that won you XY&Z. Your town self has also made a reputation for checking all the possibilities, ignoring them in this way feels strange now...

I find Pikochu's point fine. But it's also very different to XY&Z mafia. Basically, all of the players with power roles were outed, and one had to be mafia. That forced claims, and you could link them to characters, considering many of them were extremely obvious (babysitter singer, loved beloved princess). Your theories about what planets/celestial icons could be mafia were admittedly thrown out the window, so obviously, the roles that have currently flipped are unexpected and hard to link. This is very different to XY&Z mafia. This feels like a weak attempt to shift more focus again.

Could you please explain why you said that at the point you did? After re-reading and considering TFON was scum this is a bit too fluffy (even though I called it towny earlier, I know -_-)

I don't think WO is scum in between her activity, being the first to call out TFON and TFON noting that she was the last player to show up.

Piko is a bit inactive and perhaps passively-aggresively accusing me after the Seth lynch.

Hellcrow coming in with a TFON vote is a bit towny for him. He was never such a hard busser and I doubt he’d kill Space. Also note that one of Hellcrow/WolfOwl is Double Voter and that’s quite trustworthy at this point.

This reply to TFON feels a bit forced. The rest of the post doesn’t add much.

Please elaborate on that (but maybe better wait until Day 3). I think it is interesting to note why considering TFON was scum and not ascetic etc., I see little reason for a roleblocker on you and if there is only one scum left and you're not the Cop (as he died) there's not much risk in revealing more about it, whereas there might be a lot to be gained.

Elementar adding a vote late might be scummy but I don’t have enough content on him to read well… which is slightly strange I’d expect him to post a bit more. Will give him that XY&Z update took lots of time from his end.

tl;dr

Towniest
WolfOwl
Hellcrow

RainbowSkittles
Elementar
Seraphy

Ghostly
Pikochu
Scummiest

Middle-low can change depending on replies.

So my late vote was scummy even though it was on scum, and to my knowledge, put them one vote away from a hammer? I'd try that hard for bussing? I hardly bus at all, and if I was scum, I'm sure I would know the amount of votes on my partner properly. Yes, I have been inactive, so I do deserve a null read. But I don't find the late vote scummy.

The Ghostly scumread seems weak. From what I've read, it doesn't seem well backed up and I don't see much evidence you've provided against them. It looks like a case of scum not knowing who to scum read, because they know everyone else is town. Also, why didn't you provide reasoning for all of your reads? Of All things to do, that just furthers my point on not knowing who to scum read. I know I have the problem of providing reasoning for reads when scum because I know I'm lying.

If you can provide a case of why we should lynch someone else, please do so. I don't see any other reasonable lynch candidates at the moment, so for now, I'm going with you.

VOTE: Zexy

VOTE: Zexy.

I've been on the fence about how I've felt about you this game, hence why I've never given a read on you despite doing so for other players but your posts now have made up my mind. And also as Wolf pointed out how she would actually be likely to do option C:p-- one that could've happened to make a no-NK occur I can likewise actually see Zexy doing the same, but either way it's impossible to say for sure.

Zexy said:
Ghostly was much more fluffy than you,
Elementar said:
It looks like a case of scum not knowing who to scum read, because they know everyone else is town.
This perfectly sums it up imo. I can't honestly put it any better myself. It seems to me like Zexy saw Wolf suspecting him after TFON was getting lynched/being suspected due to that weird slip, and then didn't know what to do because there aren't many players to divert attention onto easily... so now why not try and shove it onto, in this case myself, with little to no reasoning other than "fluff" (which is making zero sense considering he was agreeing with me before calling me a town read, and in fact was also discussing what planet could be godfather).

It's all just suspicious. I can see TFON, a new player who had also made that slip, unconsciously associating with their scum partner (in this case, mentioning Zexy).

Oh well; @WolfOwl @Elementar @Ghostly
As Piko noted I am indeed the Commuter. 2-shot.

Time to reveal all the soft claims:
Comfirming!
"Com" instead of "Con" to hint at Com-muter. And if you think it's not strong enough, I've once went with "Cpnfirming!" as Cop.
Agreed, half of the phase just passed. We need to get on our computers and start discussing.
"computers" sounds similar to "commuters"
This is so embarassing I gotta leave for a trip around the galaxies and never return :p
I said this Night 1 when I planned using my ability.
My ability is related to the character, although there's some Greek mythology involved too, which is why I brought that up.
Please note this.
It could also be a Commuter or some other role that stops kills.
And of course this hint here which Piko caught... I used my ability N2 as well and might've been the kill.

Anyways, I've used up both shots of my ability by now so claiming's not too bad.

I thought commuters usually had strings attached to where they couldn't leave two nights in a row-- more like they could only leave on even nights, odd nights, you get the idea... or is that not the case because it's a 2x? And if so, what made you decide to use up both shots so soon?

Oh well; @WolfOwl @Elementar @Ghostly
As Piko noted I am indeed the Commuter. 2-shot.

Time to reveal all the soft claims:

"Com" instead of "Con" to hint at Com-muter. And if you think it's not strong enough, I've once went with "Cpnfirming!" as Cop.

Please note this.

And of course this hint here which Piko caught... I used my ability N2 as well and might've been the kill.

Anyways, I've used up both shots of my ability by now so claiming's not too bad.
I don't believe you. We've seen from xyz that you like to start dropping "hints" to prove your role. Also because of my own role.

pikachu___facepalm___by_archip-d4d5j63.png

Seriously? I mean the first and second breadcrumbs are really quite a stretch in terms of breadcrumbing commuter and the third one is somewhat debatable.

@jdthebud, how many votes are a hammer? And @Seraphy, what's up with Zexy?

6 votes are needed today for Hyper-Majority.

Seraphy can't be cop, cop's gone, is there a different ability that's investigative that is slipping past me that could prove "Zexy is probably town". It seems unlikely to me that his commuter claim is the truth for a multitude of reasons. It's incredibly easy to fake. For all we know he had this fakeclaim ready since the time he got his role (and as mentioned, we know he's hinted at abilities that were fake before points to XY&Z mafia)... which brings me to the theory that he intentionally didn't NK last night in order to corroborate this claim, saying that he commuted and mafia tried to kill him, which is why no kill happened.

Also if Wolf is saying that it can't be possible because of her own role, and she's a very strong town read, then it is made even more unlikely.

Actually the more I think about it if Zexy really was a 2x commuter why not just come out and claim at the beginning of the phase because at that point you're just a vanilla because you have nothing left. And if you had assumed that was why NK happened, why not also just say it because, again, you have no more shots left and it'd also be better for yourself as well to just out it so the soft-claiming was unnecessary and scummy.

@Pikochu If you think the claim is that hard, why do you think my crumbs are stretchy?

I actually stated that I’ve gone for the same kind of stretchy crumb in my confirmation post as a Cop (it was Gameshow mafia), I’ll actually link to that if you don’t believe it: Mafia: - Gameshow Mafia: Endgame (UK Gameshows Win)

I didn’t try to earn town points until everyone got on me; I tried to read people.

I do not lack justification, I explained that I thought there were no ITPs because of 9 planets and 2 scum, then that Uranus being scum changed the theory, hence the 180. Why do you keep ignoring that?!

@Elementar I keep referring to XY&Z because it shows how jumpy I can be as scum; it kinda shocked me as a game tbh, because I suffered the same kind of lynch as in Chaos Mafia II, the previous game I was scum in. Of course I’d change my playstyle after such a game and note so, since I’m a meta player.

I am attempting to shift focus, I never denied that; but it’s not scummy when done in self-preservation.

I said that your late vote might be scummy… and yeah it being on scum doesn’t change that, mafia like to join wagons and not be the ones taking initiative.

If I was scum trying to scum read I’d avoid taking clear stances on everyone.

Pikochu/Ghostly are both viable imo.
Speaking of the Elementar vote: why would scum unvote their clearly doomed partner. What's the point of giving them time and losing cred on voting them?

He didn’t want to hammer.

@Ghostly I accused you about fluff because basically that’s the only thing you did. I agreed with the things you said, but it’s easy for scum to say it, hence why it’s called fluff. I also said much more than just agreeing with your fluff, so trying to parallel yourself to me isn’t a good idea.

Only some commuters are even-night/odd-night. 2-shot in particular doesn’t have to be like that…

@WolfOwl I always do that as town. As scum… if I’m sure I’m going to claim something specific (like with JOAT in XY&Z since I legit had the role and it can pass as town) I breadcrumb it too… but why would I decide, as scum, to claim 2x Commuter no matter what, when there would be danger of the role being in the game?

Actually the more I think about it if Zexy really was a 2x commuter why not just come out and claim at the beginning of the phase because at that point you're just a vanilla because you have nothing left. And if you had assumed that was why NK happened, why not also just say it because, again, you have no more shots left and it'd also be better for yourself as well to just out it so the soft-claiming was unnecessary and scummy.
Because I'd rather not hardclaim unless I had to, mafia may still kill me over some role that is still useful to the town.
Because it is an assumption.

... might as well admit it now, but I still have a shot left. I didn't Commute N2. I said I did in hopes that you would just unvote me after the claim and mafia would try to kill me next night, when I can still use my shot to protect.

VOTE: Ghostly
for now, as all she does is post fluff and join wagons.
Although if @Seraphy doesn't say a thing about her role anytime soon I'm switching.

@Elementar I keep referring to XY&Z because it shows how jumpy I can be as scum; it kinda shocked me as a game tbh, because I suffered the same kind of lynch as in Chaos Mafia II, the previous game I was scum in. Of course I’d change my playstyle after such a game and note so, since I’m a meta player.
... might as well admit it now, but I still have a shot left. I didn't Commute N2. I said I did in hopes that you would just unvote me after the claim and mafia would try to kill me next night, when I can still use my shot to protect.

That's not jumpy? Your story keeps changing, and the bolded claim didn't seem necessary to keep you alive. I know I've done the same thing before when I'm commuter, but it isn't really a claim to keep you alive.

I am attempting to shift focus, I never denied that; but it’s not scummy when done in self-preservation.

It's scummy when your reasoning isn't amazing...

I said that your late vote might be scummy… and yeah it being on scum doesn’t change that, mafia like to join wagons and not be the ones taking initiative.

But from what I knew, I put them in a much more dangerous position.

If I was scum trying to scum read I’d avoid taking clear stances on everyone.

That's sort of what you are doing.

Pikochu/Ghostly are both viable imo.

You haven't presented a case that is as strong on the case of you.

He didn’t want to hammer.

It was pretty obvious they were going to get lynched. Why wouldn't I just hammer and be instantly townread. I wanted to know if anybody had need of them.

VOTE: Ghostly
for now, as all she does is post fluff and join wagons.
Although if @Seraphy doesn't say a thing about her role anytime soon I'm switching.

So Seraphy is a better choice over Pikochu now? That's also being a bit contradictory. You didn't mention Serpahy being a viable lynch option above.

NIGHT 3 - There's No Outrunning The Sun
NIGHT 3 - There's No Outrunning The Sun
Zexy - 4 (WolfOwl, Elementar, Ghostly, Pikochu)
Ghostly - 1 (Zexy)

The Sun was slightly annoyed now. The most recent loss of one of his planets meant he would have to work a bit harder to see what was going on. "Oh well. Not like its much farther to the next one."

Zexy was lynched. He was:
Zexy, you are Mercury.

Mercury_in_color_-_Prockter07-edit1.jpg

The closest planet to the Sun, Mercury has the quickest orbit, with an average year length of 88 Earth days, and travels at speed of almost 48 km/s. It also has the largest temperature differential in the Solar System, ranging from 100 Kelvin (-173 °C) at night to about 700 Kelvin (427 °C) during the day.

You are the 2x Commuter. Twice in the game, during the night phase, you may PM the action: [Put On My Shoes And Fly!], which will make you immune to any actions directed at you that night.

You are aligned with the Planets, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

It is now Night 3. The phase will end in about 23 hours and 15 minutes, on Saturday, December 17 at 11:00 PM PST (UTC-8).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom