• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

When I had my Silver game, my friend convinced me to nickname a Pidgey I caught Butthead... and I couldn't change it.

I had an altaria called Mouldy for no particular reason, a chansey called Stupid as it was a pain in the neck to catch, and a female geodude called geodudette. Not my idea

Named my Hydreigon Trykyll Cause it has three heads that can kill you
Named my Reunclus Mynx I dont even know why
Named my Excavalier Spearer and Lancer Cause it has Spears on its hand maybe I dont care Now
And My Vanilluxe Fryze Same with freeze but i am addicted to y

I don't really ever nickname my pokemon, but I usually do with fossils for some reason. I have a Tirtouga named Mr. Splash, an omanyte named a Rawr. I also have a Cranidos named Rampardos but I didn't know how to spell it so it turned out like: Rapmardaros

10 years ago I named my Yellow Pikachu "Raichu". Just because I couldn't evolve it. I may have also done that with hopes that it would automatically, magically evolve, but hell, that was 10 years ago.

Last edited:
After I accidentally freed a newly hatched Pokemon with the right IVs, instead of the one with the wrong ones, I began giving my bred Pokemon numbers to keep track of them. I also have a lot of Ditto that are just named with a number.

In my Blue version I think? when I was probably 6 or 7 I named by Butterfree Hitmonchan. Because I was all like, "Hey, when I battle my brother with the link cable (lol link cables, '90s ftw) he'll think I'm sending out a Hitmonchan, so he'll send out a psychic type and I'll kill that with bug attacks!" ...Except that Butterfree doesn't learn any bug attacks in Gen 1, I'm pretty sure it doesn't tell your opponent your Pokemon's nickname, and during link cable battles you don't get the opportunity to switch your Pokemon out when your opponent sends out a new one. Oh well, again, I was 6 or 7.

On Diamond:
A Bedew called Buddy
A Cherubi called Cherry
A Shellos called Shelbee
A Psyduck called Flipper
A Buizel named Blossom

Yeah... pretty lame, eh? I have no idea why I named them those names, but oh well. I hardly train them anyway. lol. Oh, & on another game(can't remember which), I have a lvl 3 Pikachu named Zap-Zap...

...I'm still amazed at the fact I want to name a Latios Fuzzykins...I'm weird! 8D Not stupid persay, but I really question my Glaceon who I love dearly's nickname...Eclair. French for Lightning. It was a spur of the moment thing, yep -_-

On my Red a couple of years back, I can't remember if it was a Drowzee or Jigglypuff, but one of them was named "Chubbo". XD

I named my Vanilluxe Frogs.

I... I'm sure I had a reason for naming it that, I just can't remember what it was.

I named my Turtwig, Turty, my Starly, Starla and my Shinx, Shinxa.
From then on I never nick named a Pokemon again.

I named my Machoke Macho Man.
I noticed Macho Man was a Macho woMan a few weeks later.

Last edited:
I always had dumb names for Pokemon I caught that didn't get first place in the Bug Catching contest. I remember having FFFFFF but can't remember what Pokemon it was. xD

I also have a Steelix named Kelly. I like her.

I give my Pokemon many stupid nicknames, but here is a list of my most notable:

Ampharos named "Amphy" (named it this as a Mareep, in my White 2 game)
A Tentacruel named Acooltent (after a certain Tentacool in Pokemon Stadium, yeah, there was SERIOUSLY a Tentacool named in Pokemon Stadium named that)
The Zigzagoon named SLAVINATOR (XD I got that from Chuggaconroy's LP, and it has won a battle before)
A Serperior named Snivanator (named it that as a Snivy; I came up with it XD)
Soon gonna get a Tepig and name it Bacon

Can't remember if I have any other..but heres my list of Japanese named ones:

A Blaziken named "Wakasyamo" (Combusken's Japanese name)

I just nicknamed my White 2 Lucario as Ryoga. I don't think it sounds cringeworthily stupid, but it might have a little something to do with my obsession with Ranma ½. Just a little bit.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom