• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I was looking through my boxes on Blue...

Stupid the Lapras
Dumbass the Rattata
Fatass the Snorlax.

Yeah...

Also, on Black 2...

Itsatrap the male Gothorita
Useless the Patrat
Uwottmate the Samurott
U jelly? the Jellicent
Xerox the Ditto

Hmm, let's see...
Bagel the Lilipup
Monkeynut the Pansear
Soarie (as in soar) the Pidgeotto
OhWhat the Oshawott
Bambi the Deerling (wow, that one was so creative)
Lickilucky the Lickitung
Luckilicky the Lickilicky
:) the Meganium
Icecream the Eevee (I think I wanted to evolve it into a Glaceon or something)
Cheshire the Purrloin (as in the Cheshire cat lol)
MOONCAKES the Umbreon
KingBee (or something, I forgot) the Weedle lol
Murse the Audino
Kindear the Audino
Mamepotato the Pidove
Meinwhoo the Meinfoo
Pancakes the Panpour
Coconuts the Pansage
17 the Buizel
and a whole lot more but I forgot them...

P.S. Whenever I get a female Mr.Mime I nickname it Mrs.Mime lol

Mostly a load of jumbled letters like "ASKDFA" and stuff like that.
Though I once called my Treeko "nanna" because the trainer was named in my neice's name, and she always calls my mum that.

Hm...
Oh, and one time I caught a Rattatta in a Dark Ball and called it "Bad Rat"....and when I caught my first Black2 Eevee, I called it "Arnoldeon". Don't ask why.

My first B2 run had Dolan the Psyduck,Prudo the Growlithe and Gooby the Cobalion among the others.

Oh,look it's my 649th post. Sweet.

I called my Torchic FlareBlitz... So when I used FlareBlitz it said:
"FlareBlitz used Flare Blitz"
Now that I think back to that I facepalm.

I also nicknamed my gardevoir Gardavoir... Yep.

I usually end up naming Bidoof or Bibarel Derp or Derpina depending on the gender. I also usually name Ditto Again. Once while spending days breeding for nature with a friend, we kept saying "These aren't the droids you're looking for" whenever we got the wrong one, so I ended up naming my Spheal Artoo (as in R2D2) when I finally got the right one, she named her Cyndaquil Threepio (as in C-3PO). I named my Trubbish Hefty and then when I caught a Garbodour, named it Wimpy (remember those garbage back commercials?)

Oh, and there was also a time i nicknamed a baby (female) Ralts "Billy 4". That's embarrassing...

I named my first pokemon ever "Misty"

It was a Squirtle.

orz

I also named an Eggecute "Crapshitty"

Currently replaying White with an Unfezant named Jolene. Yes, after the Dolly Parton song. The American Dad episode where Steve and Roger try to find Bin Laden to buy Dollywood was on at the part where Roger was listening to Jolene, and it was literally the ONLY name I could think of.

I do feel clever for naming my Litwick Willow, though...after Will o' the Wisp, which are what Litwick are supposed to be.

Weird nicknames I gave:

Oshawott starter: Kasumi (a girl's name... for a male starter...)

Though not as weird as these pun names:

Diglett: Wak A. Mol (obvious pun)
Manectric: Barkoinett (based on Antoinette)
Seedot/Nuzleaf: Apocoleafs (sounds like...)

There was also:
Patrat: Cutter (HM slave for a time)

On my new B2 game:

Mareep: Shirley (supposed to be a Lamb Chop reference)
Sewaddle: Fael (supposed to be leaf backwards, but sounds like fail *facepalm*)

Last edited:
I remember playing the Spanish version of Pokemon FireRed ROM I had found, and starting giving Pokemon stupid Spanish nicknames.

I remember that I gave the nickname "Chimuelo" (which litterily means toothless) to my Eevee (never evolved it) - and my Meowth I gave him the nickname "Bobo" (Spanish equivalent to Twerp).

I wanted to try and catch every Pokemon and give it some sort of Spanish dumb nickname. I still have that ROM in my grandma's laptop.

I once named a Pokemon Nightslash. Became rather awkward when the move actually came to exist.

I also named a male Hoppip Holly because I caught him on Christmas.

I had this playthrough where I named my Pokemon japanese numbers, it was pretty lame, I ended up changing their names back. Another dumb kinda theme was making weird anagrams of their names, but they ended up just looking dumb and weird, not clever like I thought.

Back when I was younger, I named all of my Pokemon "OMGWTFBBQ." Yeah...dumb. And my boyfriend named all the Yanma he was breeding 001, 002, 003, etc. until he reached 024. And that's when he realized he had wasted all that time on 24 eggs. He kept 007...as a tribute to James Bond. xD

I had to catch a Bibarel because I needed to breed it. The first one I caught I named "Da fuq?" as that's what I say every time I see one. Surprisingly, the swear filter on Black let that through.

As for names for those given to me via trade, there's this gem I had to mention:

A Boldore (now a Gigalith as the trade evolved it) named Steve

Uh......

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom