• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest thing you've ever done in game?

Hmmmmmmmmmm, using Aerial Ace on Empoleon and, trading my Mewtwo for a Chicorita.... damn :/

When I got Red version when it first came out I was still in elementary and I got the master ball. I was out catching Pokemon at about 2am and since it was so late I used it on a nidorino.

Killed Lugia in SS. Left the cave, saved.
20 minutes later.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*Smashes DS*

Not really stupid but once or twice I've been unprepared for a Gym battle and got my butt kicked. I ended up doing the same thing in Soul Silver yesterday and got beat by Chuck. I had to go train a bit before I faced him again.

Also recently I've been releasing Pokemon based on their natures but now I see that breeding for "perfect stats" is a bit of a time waster (IMO).

In Yellow I kept using cut against grass types thinking it was super effective because you could cut trees with it.

well its not the STUPIDEST thing i've done but in FireRed i just flew out of Resort Gorgeous to the Pokemon Center to heal, but when i got there, i got it in my head that i healed and swam all the way back to Resort Gorgeous, and once i got in a battle i realized my Charizard only had one move with PP on it >.<

Red - I lent it to a friend once, thinking there was no risk. The next day, I turned on my game only to find I now only had a lv.5 Charmander. Nicknamed Andy. At one point I also killed Zapdos not realising WTF it was.

Blue - This time I let my brother play on my almost-completed game. He liked to start new games to mess about, but oh my God, I forgot to tell him NOT TO USE THE PC'S! Oops, too late.

Gold - Also used a Master Ball on Ho-oh and killed Sudowoodo. Then found out the hard way that the clock's internal battery dies and takes your file with it, after trading in my lv.70+ Blastoise and Mewtwo from Blue...

Platinum - Got all the way to the top of the Spear Pillar, pumped and ready to catch Giratina. Then realised I had no Pokéballs at all... So, had to Fly off to a town and buy some, then trek ALL the way back up. Kinda spoiled the moment...

Platinum - Got all the way to the top of the Spear Pillar, pumped and ready to catch Giratina. Then realised I had no Pokéballs at all... So, had to Fly off to a town and buy some, then trek ALL the way back up. Kinda spoiled the moment...

thats exactly what happened to me too. :c

dunno really 'bout other stupid things I've done, I'm sure I have some, I just can't think any right now.

and killed Sudowoodo. Then found out the hard way that the clock's internal battery dies and takes your file with it, after trading in my lv.70+ Blastoise and Mewtwo from Blue...

You'd hate yourself a lot more if you not only killed Sudowoodo, but let the kid brat play your game long enough for him to deliberately waste the Masterball on a Spinarak and be forced to stick with your file due to post-league progress reasons. And then caught all three of those damn Roaring motherfuckers one-by-one within 20 hours of gametime, and soon got them and Ho-Oh all the way up to the late 70's, starter at 100, and all other important members at the 70's as well... only for the clock to start dyin' out. V_v

I also accidentally restarted my old Japanese Yellow, by the way. And killed a shiny (Diamond) as well as the three huge-ass bastards on Emerald.

Loosing a battle against some hardcore trainer (Wasn't my idea) in my older bro's Pokemon XD game. Serously, I don't play the games very much.

It was on Platinum and I was fighting a trainer put it down for a while. Came back and thought it was a wild pokemon and kept trying to run. *Facepalm*

Use my Master Ball on a Tentacruel, thinking that Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno were statues, and not bothering to save before any of them.

In SoulSilver, after defeating Brock, I checked my badges and found out I completely forgot to battle Misty.

everybody has it in their first games right? my problem: I got my second game three days after my first, so i got to be a n00b in both.

Ruby
- HUH? last time i checked Mudkips aren't Purple... must be an error, off goes the GBSp(T.T could have had a Shiny for my first ever starter...)

- Remember that guy who prevented you from going to Route 102? he said he was sketching some Rare Pokémon's Footprint, i thought you had to wait for him to finish, then after standing motionless for about an hour, i went on a crazy race to find Pokéballs to catch the damn Pokémon and give it to him, thing is, you can't have Pokéballs at that point, luckily i found May and whooped her ass, then i got my Pokéballs, caught EVERY Pokémon in the vicinity, only to realize that he was already gone when i beat May...

- I was 8 and i only knew a bit about English (I'm not american), and i was trying to leave Petalburg and i couldn't figure out why that guy was preventing me from doing so...

- Hey Nuzleaf, you're already Lv43! why is it taking so long for you to evolve? (Leaf Stone not found)

- You thought i was going to mention the Master Ball? no, i was lucky, my friend didn't have the same luck though...

- I Spent a Month trying to find Kyogre, IN RUBY... needless to say..., i FAILED.

- After that i fell to my cousin's prank: ''The Elite Four all have Lv100 Pokémon''! Me trains the whole team to Lv100, guess my surprise...

- I was trying to catch a Regice, that was maybe my Tenth Try, then he was at 1 hp, i hurled an ultraball, catch, ME=YEAH!, but then a FRIGGING BAT flies over my head and i procede to drop my GBASp...

- That one i remember... i was watching Pokémon Heroes, and i was merrily strolling in Route 106, Bam Latios Appears, ME=WHAT?
I fling a Master Ball at it, it fails... (they have 0.000006 chance of failing BTW).

Crystal(Got it thrree days after Ruby,so son't blame me...)
- Accidentaly picking Chikorita instead of Totodile, i forgot i could only Reset...

- Getting lost at the sprout tower.

- OMG! STUPID YOUNGSTERS! STOP BLOCKING MY WAY!

- Taught my Feraligatr only HM moves save for Icy Wind, Surf, Waterfall and Cut...

- I want you to evolve into an UMBREON, eevee! Stop Evolving into an ESPEON!

- ^^When it does... Weird... his attack and Speacial attack are pretty low... i wonder why...

- I dunno how but i Solo'ed Red with my Lv80 Feraligatr, and i forgot to save...

Since Diamond was my first game I made tons of noob mistakes. First I wasted my Master Ball on Dialga,and that was after I weakened it and got it in the red zone. Then I killed Uxie and Azelf in battle because I didn't know you could catch them XD then when it came time to catch Mesprit I was screwed and it took forever.

Also, I really only leveled up Piplup so by the time I got to thr Elite 4 Empoleon was at lv 72 while the others were in their low-mid 30s, except Dialga at lv 47.

- I was trying to catch a Regice, that was maybe my Tenth Try, then he was at 1 hp, i hurled an ultraball, catch, ME=YEAH!, but then a FRIGGING BAT flies over my head and i procede to drop my GBASp...

lolwut... how did a bat fly over your head?

All of these were in Pokemon Yellow, which was my first Pokemon game.

I battled Brock with just a Lv 9 Pikachu.
I wasted my master ball on...Venonat!
After catching Mewtwo, I forgot to save...

I taught Umbreon Dark Pulse before I realized Umbreon didn't have good Special Attack. Not especially stupid, except I seriously contemplated restarting HG to get the TM back.

Then I found out I could buy it.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom