• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As on occasional thing, I used to eat a ton of fast food and feel generally better since I've cut down, but I still sometimes crave a burger or fried chicken from certain places. I eat at Subway and Moe's really often while I'm at school, since I live on campus and we have those there, but they at least give you the option to make your meal a bit healthier.

Do you like fast food?

Err... depends.

I actually really like places like Subway and Dairy Queen because they offer options that are healthy (especially the former) while DQ offers all sorts of nice treats like Blizzards! Even when I'm not eating super healthy at Subway, the quality of the stuff is pretty good. The local Subway near my house is very clean and the staff is professional, so they entice me to go back a lot for my sandwiches. =D

Places like McDonalds and Burger King, not so much. I do not like these two in particular because, as a kid, there were a few incidents at the local places that really grossed me out. I can never eat their food again. If I go to either place, I just want the toys they offer with the kids' meals.

Question of the Week - Favourite type of Barbeque?

For me it is a toss up between Argentine or South African. Can't go wrong with either. Brazilian is good and I love some chicken from Memphis.

Favourite type of Barbeque?

Like Lyrebird, I also enjoy Argentinian parillada, probably cause although mum is Peruvian she grew up in Argentina so considers that as part of her heritage as well. Thus, I grew up eating a lot of Argentinian food as well. I also really enjoy Chinese bbq spare ribs, and most any kind of babyback ribs with a semi-sweet (not punch-you-in-the-face sweet) sauce, although I'm not sure what region of America the kind I like comes from.

I want to learn how to make Korean barbecue but dad is kind of refusing to teach me how to use a grill at all. ^<__<^;; Daaaaad you don't have a son, give it up already m8. :ROFLMAO:

Favorite type of Barbecue?
The kind that I get on my ribs when I go to Chili's. I don't really use barbecue sauce much, so I don't know a lot of brands. All I know is that my favorite is on Chili's amazing baby back ribs, yummy.

I don't like barbeque sauce itself or smoked foods, but for some reason I absolutely love Baby Back Ribs. I guess the combination of the two flavors is what has me liking BBQ ribs.

I love baby back ribs, sausages, hambugers, and things like that. :) I don't eat it often though so it's usually a rare treat for me, and my favorite type of BBQ sauce is sweet baby rays. :)

I do enjoy me some American BBQ such as pulled pork sandwiches, ribs and of course the burger.

However, I also love Korean BBQ. Wish Korean BBQ is very common up in the Bay Area as it is in Los Angeles.

Question of the Week - Favourite type of Barbeque?

I actually don't like BBQ sauce much at all. But if I had to choose one over the other though Id say Korean BBQ.

I'm biased since my home state is famous for barbeque and lord knows how much I love their barbeque, so to me, Texas BBQ is the best BBQ. ^^ Chicken and sausage are two of my favorite foods barbequed but man, I love brisket, too!

Now I want barbeque!

Wow, I've missed quite a bit.

Favorite Breakfast Foods:
Grits and toast/biscuit or cubed pan fried potatoes with scrambled eggs or pancakes.

Cake or Ice Cream?
Cake because for whatever reason ice cream makes me really thirsty.

What do you like on your pizza?
I once had a pizza with grilled veggies on top-it was so good! Veggies, chicken, and pepperoni are typical favorites but sometimes plain cheese is the way to go.

Do you often eat fast food? What is your opinion of fast food?
I eat it way more often than I would like to. Long story short, my goal is to get to a point where fast food is no longer an option.

Favorite Barbecue:
In my head, barbecue is anything that you cook over a grill or in a smoker, has a smoky taste, and can potentially be slathered in barbecue sauce. Pork ribs and homemade barbecue sauce have been a tradition in my family for a while. So that and barbecued chicken. And corn. Corn counts right?

Ah, I'm so hungry now.

Question of the Week - Would you try a bacon milkshake?

I know it would taste good. I have tried bacon maple cupcakes, and I know there's a restaurant that serves bacon bourbon milkshakes, but I wouldn't drink one just because it's too much calories and fat. :v

Would you try a bacon milkshake?
Technically, I have tried one. A few summers ago, Sonic had "peanut butter bacon" as a milkshake flavor and I tried it. It mostly just tasted like a salty peanut. I get why people like the salty/sweet combination but I'm not really a fan of putting bacon in anything and everything so I tend to steer clear of bacon desserts.

I don't understand random bacon desserts. I don't understand bacon ice cream~ I don't understand chocolate-covered bacon~ and I don't understand bacon milkshakes~

I mean, I don't really like bacon much in the first place (sacriledge, I know, especially for someone who loves pretty much all other pork products like I do). It's not really the fat content. I don't care about that. The idea of bacon in a milkshake makes me want to vomit.

Question of the Week - Would you try a bacon milkshake?

Probably not. While I've had bacon cupcakes and various candied bacons, a milkshake sounds a little to strange. If real bacon is being used I feel like that would be to greasy to put into ice cream. If those fake bacon bits are being used well.... those are just gross.

I'll admit I've never had it before, but having had a lot of experience with salt/sweet combinations, I say "Yes! I'll try it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom