• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were variety shows ever at the forefront? As far as I recall, the only time they ever got actual news was because it was anime-related.
A few silhouettes and Pokémon were shown there for the first time. But they haven't really been relevant since at least XY.

That ORRRR Zayellow, the long-lost sibling of Zacian and Zamazenta, makes its debut in this game. Who needs a sword or a shield if… you have wheels… on your butt…
…Am I the only one here who never caught this?? :lapras:

…Am I the only one here who never caught this?? :lapras:
I didn’t know until I read Masuda explaining the names being based on them being mysterious. “Oh, I saw The Cyan!” and “Have you heard of The Magenta?” are the kinds of phrases that led to their names in-lore.

And then they only make their shinies Cyan and Magenta… really dropped the ball there. I assume the games were originally Pokémon Cyan and Pokémon Magenta until they decided to do the more traditional red/blue theme and go with SwSh as names. And then recolored them as such and made the shinies the “original” colors.

That’s my theory at least.

And then they only make their shinies Cyan and Magenta… really dropped the ball there. I assume the games were originally Pokémon Cyan and Pokémon Magenta until they decided to do the more traditional red/blue theme and go with SwSh as names. And then recolored them as such and made the shinies the “original” colors.
It's a bit of a stretch but, technically Zacian is still blue so people could of just used the wrong shade. And Zamazenta is Red and Blue which together make purple aka magenta so its possible people somehow saw the two colors kinda blur together?.
Like I said it's a stretch but that's the the explanation I usually see people go with

Oh right- guidebook came out, so I suppose PLA is finished. Though we are still missing Home support for it, so there's that.
Wait, does that mean there’s no April update for Legends?

It's a bit of a stretch but, technically Zacian is still blue so people could of just used the wrong shade. And Zamazenta is Red and Blue which together make purple aka magenta so its possible people somehow saw the two colors kinda blur together?.
Like I said it's a stretch but that's the the explanation I usually see people go with
Ohmori said they didn’t land on Sword and Shield as the final names until surprisingly late in development, meaning I think they really did originally plan for all of the theming to be much more Cyan and Magenta, including the colors of Zacian and Zamazenta. The explanation you have works for a sort of ‘after the fact’ explanation, but there is no real reason they would name them after Cyan and Magenta if that was not the original color schemes I think.

Doesn’t that mean Khu was wrong about there being an April update then? His credibility might have dropped in that case.
Not quite. He did refer to it as April DLC, but he also expressed that he didn't know when the DLC would release, just that it would be April at the latest. Considering his main source is apparently in playtesting, it makes sense that he doesn't know exact release schedules. Daybreak was pretty much exactly what he described as being in the "April DLC," though, so that probably was it after all.

Still feels like there should have been another part, but alas.

I still say the "information" will be the starters' base typings, species, and little blurbs from the website. Maybe we will even get people ohhing and ahhing over the trainers having version exclusive uniforms.

I'd be less skeptical if it was like..."there was a mysterious glitch on the website again" or "the Pokémon [social media account of choice] hinted at something."

Last edited:
Starter typings:

Fire/Ghost
Grass/Dark
Water/Fighting

also
Legendary types:

Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Electric

also
Regional Tauros (Dark)
Regional tauros evolution (Dark/Fighting) (Like a minotaur)

Not quite. He did refer to it as April DLC, but he also expressed that he didn't know when the DLC would release, just that it would be April at the latest. Considering his main source is apparently in playtesting, it makes sense that he doesn't know exact release schedules. Daybreak was pretty much exactly what he described as being in the "April DLC," though, so that probably was it after all.

Still feels like there should have been another part, but alas.
Dang, GF really didn't give Legends much time to shine, did they? They just dumped it after like less than two months in the spotlight. I can't help feel that Generation 8 as a whole was just a scapegoat for Scarlet and Violet at this point. Do you understand what I'm getting at here?

Dang, GF really didn't give Legends much time to shine, did they? They just dumped it after like less than two months in the spotlight. I can't help feel that Generation 8 as a whole was just a scapegoat for Scarlet and Violet at this point. Do you understand what I'm getting at here?
It has been a rough gen, yeah. These transitionary generations seem to always be.

Yeah, I suspected before that Sw/Sh was a testbed for the series going full open world and it's looking more and more likely.

I feel like ‘transition’ is unfortunately the theme for Gen 8, yeah. More than ever before, Gamefreak has had to adjust and play catch up with its games due to the big jump to home console. Nintendo seemingly forcing Gamefreak to move into the main Nintendo building in Tokyo (after decades of Gamefreak being proud of its independence from Nintendo proper) was, to me, a big sign that Gen 8 was much more messy behind the scenes than many people think.

Now we’ll see if Gen 9 delivers on what everyone assumes Gen 8 was figuring out.

Legends can't be over yet I haven't gotten to see Volo again ;o; Unless he gets to show up in scarlet and violet... (y'all Cynthia stans got her in multiple games its only fair I get multiple volo appearancessss)

clears throat

I really hope that information from that show isn't gonna just be "LOOK WHAT YOU SAW BEFORE WOW WOW WOW WOWIE YEEEE"

Cuz at some point fans are gonna get tired of getting yanked around like this and just stop watching. Like me. I don't try to find information or watch things live anymore. Cuz if there's actually anything worth noting someone else will talk about it without all the excess hot air wasting my time. (Also my ability to sleep is mediocre at best, so I'd probably sleep through any directs or things anyways...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom