• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this is real, I'll reserve judgement until we get a better image/video. When Greninja first leaked I wasn't that impressed by it, but I liked it a lot more once I saw it in gameplay so it could be the same for Sprigatito3.

Now where's Fuecoco3, I really want to see what that one looks like.
Getting real sick of your shit, GameFreak. What happened to good starter design like Charizard, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Torterra and Samurott?
People complained about Samurott.

I hated incineroar when I first saw it too and now I love it a lot. So if I don't like this one at first maybe it will grow on me

If that one is real, i really hate it. Its super ugly. However, maybe i change my views until i have seen in it motion.
The only starter I hated is Emboar. I don't hate Delphox and Incineorar and I don't hate Spriga3 either.
That said, I find it really boring that at GF they seem obsessed since gen 6 with this idea that one of the starters should look like a humanoid female and another one like a male bodybuilder. I mean we have already a feminine fox with a robe and magical powers and we have a bipedal bodybuiler dark cat, what's the point of creating another bipedal feminine dark cat with a dress and dark magical powers? I mean, among all the things they could do with a grass cat they choosed to fuse two designs they just did in the last three gens and put on it a type that has been used three times in the last three gens among the starters (and by the only other cat starter!).

The only starter I hated is Emboar. I don't hate Delphox and Incineorar and I don't hate Spriga3 either.
That said, I find it really boring that at GF they seem obsessed since gen 6 with this idea that one of the starters should look like a humanoid female and another one like a male bodybuilder. I mean we have already a feminine fox with a robe and magical powers and we have a bipedal bodybuiler dark cat, what's the point of creating another bipedal feminine dark cat with a dress and dark magical powers? I mean, among all the things they could do with a grass cat they choosed to fuse two designs they just did in the last three gens and put on it a type that has been used three times in the last three gens among the starters (and by the only other cat starter!).
Gen 8 didn't really have a feminine Starter, and I'd argue against Rillaboom being the bodybuilder since it just looks like a gorilla.

I am just glad they are seemingly holding back on spoiling any story beyond saying that they liked it.

Edit: And I guess confirming the professors aren't villains

Looking more at the design, I think it's it's the teeth that's really throwing me off.
Could be referencing a saber-toothed cat, going with the whole supposed theme that all grass starters are based on prehistoric animals. More, if the whole witch/necromancer theme is legit, could invoke a vampiric theme too.

I'll be honest it took me a good few times of watching the little in animation clip to realize those were teeth and not something weird protruding from the chin. I am more convinced its going for vampire than prehistoric animal with the teeth, just because I do not believe the prehistoric grass starters thing at all.

Do we have a source for the sprig?

I think I will grow to like it. When the gen7 starters were leaked I had issues with them too but they became my favorite starter trio of all time.

Only issue I have with sprig3 is its face looks too little and the skirt color clashes a bit.

I don't care if it's feminine and humanoid, as long as a design is good I don't care if they repeat concepts or pander to furries or whatever.

Okay, so a friend just pointed out to me that those might not actually be fangs, but rather the little white tufts of fur the Iberian Lynx has at the bottom of their face
Iberian-Lynx.jpg

Okay, so a friend just pointed out to me that those might not actually be fangs, but rather the little white tufts of fur the Iberian Lynx has at the bottom of their face
I think thats more what the fluff at the sides is meant to be, especially since its located directly below the nose/mouth area rather than off to the sides.

Do we have a source for the sprig?

I think I will grow to like it. When the gen7 starters were leaked I had issues with them too but they became my favorite starter trio of all time.

Only issue I have with sprig3 is its face looks too little and the skirt color clashes a bit.

I don't care if it's feminine and humanoid, as long as a design is good I don't care if they repeat concepts or pander to furries or whatever.
No source whatsoever - it could be someone fucking around in Blender for all we know.

If real, Sprigatito's final Evo is extremely disappointing. They could've kept it on all fours and went the Iberian lynx route, but instead, they go this weird flamenco dancer route.

I don't like it. The starters are starting to become my least liked part of the game. Only Quaxly's evolutions look okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom