• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Sandile burrows through the sand, that's a fun idea.

It feels like they're putting a bit more thought and work into how these Pokemon interact with the world around them. It also kinda seems like some Pokemon might travel in groups? (We've seen this already with Fidough and now Diglett)

I am so sorry, but this is kinda stupid. It should have been Paledean Diglett, it doesn't have enough differences design-wise to justify that this is a totally new pokemon. Some regional forms are much different in design than their originals and still counted as regional forms. I really don't understand the idea behind this decision. Also, wiglett looks and moves, how can I say politely, not appropriate kinda.

That's Diglett. I mean, that's not a RF, that's just a pink Diglett. I honestly don't understand the choice to create "new" pokémon that are basically recolors of old pokémon. Don't we have too many pokémon already?

P.s. Am I wrong or Applin shouldn't be in the game according to the leakers?

Yes... leakers said Applin wasn't in the game.

So it might be an extremely rare Pokemon.

Since this Diglett fake is called Wiglett (and I read that Khu has hinted at its evolution being called Wugtrio)

I wonder if that means the Tentacool fakes will be called Gentacool and Gentacruel (assuming the W in Wiglet/Wugtrio stands for Water) as a reference to its Grass/Ground typing. I guess they'll probably have -entacool and -entacruel as part of their names at least.

I don't see why people are calling the new Diglett lazy recolor. Look at Paldean Wooper. It literally is just Wooper that is a Poison/Ground Type instead of Water/Ground, is brown instead of blue, and has different shaped whiskers.

I guess for me the sticking point is that it's being portrayed as a new Pokemon versus being a regional variant/form.

I'd say for some people a "pallete swap" is more acceptable if it's a form of an existing Pokemon.

I don't see why people are calling the new Diglett lazy recolor. Look at Paldean Wooper. It literally is just Wooper that is a Poison/Ground Type instead of Water/Ground, is brown instead of blue, and has different shaped whiskers.
Paldean Wooper is supposed to be a Wooper, this is why they look so similar. Wiglett is an extremely lazy new pokémon that occupies a spot in the national dex. This means that one day some pokemon will be left out from the regional dex of a game because Wiglett needs to be in.
If Wooper is not in gen 10 then Paldean Wooper won't be there either. If Diglett is not in gen 10, Wiglett may be.
Sorry, but I don't agree with this choice. We have too many pokemon already and considering only 600 pokemon make the cut each generation, I don't want to see gen 10 with both Diglett and Wiglett in and Maractus out.
This thing should have been a form. Actually, it should not exist at all. Diglett has already a regional form. Maractus is still forgotten.

Found a list on twitter of featuring every Regional Form, Pokémon getting evolutions (wether regional or regular), Ancient Species and Convergent Species leaked so far for

FX1J9bhVsAEgWA4.png

It cant be Paldean Diglett... because it's an Eel.
No amount of adapting to your environment is going to turn a mole into an Eel.
Same with tentacruel no amount of adaptation will turn a jellyfish into a mushroom.
The thing with regional variants is that they need a good reasoning for why the pokemon adapted and changed into the new thing.

It cant be Paldean Diglett... because it's an Eel.
No amount of adapting to your environment is going to turn a mole into an Eel.
Same with tentacruel no amount of adaptation will turn a jellyfish into a mushroom.
The thing with regional variants is that they need a good reasoning for why the pokemon adapted and changed into the new thing.

To be fair, it could have been a Paldean Diglett if they hadn't classified it as an eel.

Purely based on design there isn't anything stopping it from being a regional variant.

I'm just saying it could have easily been a regional variant solely based on the design.

To be fair, it could have been a Paldean Diglett if they hadn't classified it as an eel.

Purely based on design there isn't anything stopping it from being a regional variant.

I'm just saying it could have easily been a regional variant solely based on the design.
I mean... it's obviously directly inspired by Garden eel's so if it was designed to be a regional variant this idea would probably never come up
FdvuXIYX0AAj_JL.jpeg

Edit: I for one think this was a smart concept, a pokemon based on an animal that is known for living in groups and popping in and out of the ground but not fully leaving that looks like another pokemon that is known for living in groups and popping in and out of the ground but not fully leaving.
As for the simplicity of the mon I mean... look at the animal it's based on not much to work with.

The problem is clearly not the idea being the pokémon: an eel that comes out from the sand. The problem is that they decided to litterally give up on the design and just recolor a Diglett. I mean, no one would have guessed that's an eel just by looking at it. Every pokémon fan in the world, without the leaks, would have called it a Diglett form. It's an eel just because GF says so.
Also, how are we supposed to believe that, for whatever reason, this eel evolves into three eels just like Diglett? What are the chances?

Found a list on twitter of featuring every Regional Form, Pokémon getting evolutions (wether regional or regular), Ancient Species and Convergent Species leaked so far for

Have a better look:
GEN 9.png

I mean... it's obviously directly inspired by Garden eel's so if it was designed to be a regional variant this idea would probably never come up
View attachment 164023
Edit: I for one think this was a smart concept, a pokemon based on an animal that is known for living in groups and popping in and out of the ground but not fully leaving that looks like another pokemon that is known for living in groups and popping in and out of the ground but not fully leaving.
As for the simplicity of the mon I mean... look at the animal it's based on not much to work with.

Personally, I like the idea of convergent Pokemon, in theory at least.

I wish Wiglett had more differences though, like if it's nose was actually a mouth with one tooth like in that Diglett meme. For me the design doesn't go far enough, I wish it was a bit closer to Mimikyu territory design wise. I also feel like the name Wiglett makes it seem like they're saying it's both a new pokemon and not a new Pokemon at the same time, I wish they had chosen a name that set it apart from Diglett more.

Somebody posted this meme on Reddit and I actually wish something like this would happen to differentiate it from Diglett a bit more: r/pokemon - Not a Digglet

It's like with the hummingbird moth at first glance you think "oh that's a hummingbird" then you look closer you see that it's actually a moth. I don't get the same impression with Wiglett, it looks like Diglett and when I look closer....it still looks like it could be Diglett.

Also I feel a little suspicious about these designs in general being "new" Pokemon. I wouldn't like to see future generations with half of the dex being made up of convergent mons. If they're more like a bonus (like echo fighters in Smash Bros) then I don't mind but it just makes me nervous about future generations right now.

Also I feel a little suspicious about these designs in general being "new" Pokemon. I wouldn't like to see future generations with half of the dex being made up of convergent mons. If they're more like a bonus (like echo fighters in Smash Bros) then I don't mind but it just makes me nervous about future generations right now.
I will say to this what I always do, game freak aren't on some minimum or maximum quota of new pokemon designs, a convergent pokemon existing doesnt make another pokemon not exist.
If there was no wiglett there wouldnt be some other new pokemon in the dex in their place.

Personally, I like the idea of convergent Pokemon, in theory at least.

I wish Wiglett had more differences though, like if it's "nose" was actually a mouth with one tooth like in that Diglett meme. For me the design doesn't go far enough, I wish it was a bit closer to Mimikyu territory design wise. I also feel like the name Wiglett makes it seem like they're saying it's both a new pokemon and not a new Pokemon at the same time, I wish they had chosen a name that set it apart from Diglett more.

Somebody posted this meme on Reddit and I actually wish something like this would happen to differentiate it from Diglett a bit more: r/pokemon - Not a Digglet

It's like with the hummingbird moth at first glance you think "oh that's a hummingbird" then you look closer you see that it's actually a moth. I don't get the same impression with Wiglett, it looks like Diglett and when I look closer....it still looks like it could be Diglett.

Also I feel a little suspicious about these designs in general being "new" Pokemon. I wouldn't like to see future generations with half of the dex being made up of convergent mons.
I agree. Mimikyu is an incredible way to mimic a design. It has an enitre story, even sad story, around it that justifies its appearence. It's not just a light brown Pikachu.
Call it eel, convergent or whatever you want. This is just a pink Diglett. The laziest thing ever. And one day it will take the spot of your favorite pokémon in a regional dex.

View attachment 164023
Looks more like a worm to me than an eel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom