• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I checked, the people at 4ch had tested and debunked natures. They seemed to conclude that it was probably "random" like Wurmple's evolutions and moved on to Dudunsparce's, which they've had equally little luck figuring out.
If it turns out not to be randomized then someone at GF came up with something crazy.

We know getting eggs isn't that much of a hassle, fortunately. But do we know how they hatch?

@RileyXY1 The less version-exclusive Pokémon we get, the better, no?
As someone who rarely has switch online and doesn't have friends/family (and even when I had, none of them were involved with Pokémon) I'm with you on that one. Even if I buy both games I can't complete the dex without buying both games and a second console because of trade evolution.

So based on the various streams I’ve watched, version exclusives seem to be the following so far:

Scarlet: Ancient Paradox Pokemon, Armorouge, Larvitar line, Oranguru, Sableye, Stonjourner, Seviper

Violet: Future Paradox Pokemon, Ceruledge, Bagon line, Passimian, Mawile, Eiscue, Zangoose

Interesting that they've swapped some Pokemon around from the 1st to 2nd version. (and vice versa)

Also, is Mawile really in the game? I could have sworn I saw a chart of returning Pokemon sprites the other day that didn't have Mawile. (it was something that stood out because I noticed it had Sableye but no Mawile)

I wonder if Clauncher/Skrelp are also version exclusives?

We know getting eggs isn't that much of a hassle, fortunately. But do we know how they hatch?

@RileyXY1 The less version-exclusive Pokémon we get, the better, no?
You have to go out and walk around since you have to take your eggs out of your boxes and you're unable to access your boxes in Picnic mode.

Last edited:
Interesting that they've swapped some Pokemon around from the 1st to 2nd version. (and vice versa)

Also, is Mawile really in the game? I could have sworn I saw a chart of returning Pokemon sprites the other day that didn't have Mawile. (it was something that stood out because I noticed it had Sableye but no Mawile)

I wonder if Clauncher/Skrelp are also version exclusives?
Come to think of it, you are probably right about Mawile. I don’t see its Sprite at all. Gothita appears to be in both versions too since the Solosis line is completely absent.

I know Skrelp is in Scarlet for sure since I saw someone encounter it when they explored the ocean. The only ones I question is weather both Shellos forms are in both versions, and I also haven’t seen anyone catch an Alamomola in Scarlet.

In SwSh it was so bad for me that I just took Sobble and immediately placed it in the box, played until I reached the daycare, grabbed a Mudkip and a Ditto via home and breeded me a new Mudkip - sadly this won't be possible this time so I might just go without a starter at all.

Maybe there's level scaling in Gen 10, seems like a logical step (then again, it also seems like a logical step to allow turn the exp share into an optional feature and yet here we are).
I picked Sobble cause it was best for team comp but as soon as it became Inteleon, (and even as the middle stage) I found myself barely using it. I stuck with it cause of the starter sentiment, but in hindsight, if I were to do it again, I'd just box it. I'm considering the same here but I genuinely can't make a team of 6 coherently either without a starter, so my hands are triple tied.

I picked Sobble cause it was best for team comp but as soon as it became Inteleon, (and even as the middle stage) I found myself barely using it. I stuck with it cause of the starter sentiment, but in hindsight, if I were to do it again, I'd just box it. I'm considering the same here but I genuinely can't make a team of 6 coherently either without a starter, so my hands are triple tied.
Just replace it with a Pokemon of the same type.

do we have location data just yet? I need Varoom so bad and I wanna know how early it can be found

It's not location data but the pokedex picture for Varoom is taken (I think) at the rocky desert location just above the electric gym leader city. So it's possible you can also catch one there.

I was also talking to someone on Reddit yesterday who had already played the game and they told me that Varoom was available early on. (so I guess it's possible that you might be able to catch it before the Electric gym maybe, which seems like probably the 3rd gym based off levels)

(The same person also said "early" for Capsakid and "Bombirdier", along with "mid" for Glimmet if anyones interested in using them)

It's not location data but the pokedex picture for Varoom is taken (I think) at the rocky desert location just above the electric gym leader city. So it's possible you can also catch one there.

I was also talking to someone on Reddit yesterday who had already played the game and they told me that Varoom was available early on. (so I guess it's possible that you might be able to catch it before the Electric gym maybe, which seems like probably the 3rd gym based off levels)

(The same person also said "early" for Capsakid and "Bombirdier", along with "mid" for Glimmet if anyones interested in using them)
ahhh, that's great! thanks for letting me know

Oh boy. Game Freak or someone at TPC apparently hates post game content as this time around we don’t even get proper Elite Four + Champion rematches. The student tournament doesn’t even seem to be a proper replacement for either of those things from what I’ve heard. Do they just expect kids to go straight into online battles with no idea what they’re doing? It sounds like such a cop out…

Oh boy. Game Freak or someone at TPC apparently hates post game content as this time around we don’t even get proper Elite Four + Champion rematches. The student tournament doesn’t even seem to be a proper replacement for either of those things from what I’ve heard. Do they just expect kids to go straight into online battles with no idea what they’re doing? It sounds like such a cop out…
I’d agree it’s not the same, although there also rematches with gym leaders and team Star members.

Does that mean this evolution is the first that can not actively be stopped/interrupted?
Would an everstone still work?
Hmm, I'm really not sure. I imagine that Everstone will still work, but players will probably not be able to stop the evolution otherwise. It could be why Maushold still looks so similar to Tandemaus, so people won't feel too upset about it evolving without their knowledge.

It's not like they hate post game. They just want you to pay extra 30$ for it.

It's not like they hate post game. They just want you to pay extra 30$ for it.
So it’s standard corporate greed then. With the way thing are escalating, they’ll probably make the Pokémon League DLC too by the next generation.

So it’s standard corporate greed then.
Not standard. Pokemon makes game in three years at best, they also don't have time to program that. Zelda team created a huge game that didn't need DLC in the first place. The problem with pokémon is that they will sell milions of copies even without a postgame.
So, since gen 8, they've understood that releasing a game that lacks a post game isn't bad for sales, it basically forces fans to buy DLCs and at the same time gives them more time to program it.

So, since gen 8, they've understood that releasing a game that lacks a post game isn't bad for sales, it basically forces fans to buy DLCs and at the same time gives them more time to program it.
That still sounds like greed, or worse, laziness to me. They couldn't just take their time to make a game that's complete right from the start?

I've been in this fandom for so long I've seen the "THIRD GAMES ARE SO POINTLESS AND GREEDY IN THE DS ERA! WE WANT DLC!" rhetoric turn into "PAID DLC IS SO POINTLESS AND GREEDY!" rhetoric. I feel like I'm getting too old for this.

Hmm, I'm really not sure. I imagine that Everstone will still work, but players will probably not be able to stop the evolution otherwise. It could be why Maushold still looks so similar to Tandemaus, so people won't feel too upset about it evolving without their knowledge.
In a way...Tandemaus is the first Pokémon known to actually give live births. Like they're exactly the same and their children look the same. Who's to say the kids won't grow up and find mates and also become Tandemaus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom