• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Centro Leaks claims that the watermelon Koffing rumor is likely fake. On the one hand, I thought the concept was actually kind of dumb even by Pokemon standards. On the other hand, I'm annoyed because this means the supposed Crawdaunt evolution probably isn't real either. Though it does increase the odds of the Chimecho evolution from that other rumour being real, I guess?
Pyoro_ND confirmed its fake, yeah. They did mention something about typings being potentially real though.

Dang it; “Koffruit” and “Weezmelon” actually sounded promisingly creative as far as convergent/rfake Pokémon went.

I can't say I'm sad of a Gen 1 family that got something last gen not getting anything new. My guess would be Drifloon since like Digglet it's popular in Japan.

Anyway, the second hint is about a new Pokemon hidden in the White Forest/Black City. Another Unova dual paradox? Or an artificial tree?

The third hint is a Red moon and some night-themed mons. My guess would be Mightyena since it's the one that would make the most sense to get something and the only one who is not a split evolution.

I still remember in the early gen 5 days when they revealed the silhouette for zoroark, lots of people were speculating that it was going to be a mightyena evolution or a split evo for poochyena. I will find it hilarious if right before a revisit to gen 5 we get the long overdue redemption for the line.

It has to be more than coincidence, right?

Edit: Thinking it over, I wonder if the second hint is actually hinting at a paradox suddowoodo? A future one where the spots light up like windows on a skyscraper and a past one where its no longer petrified wood and actually has the grass typing

Last edited:
The first riddle I think is a Rfake of Weezing or Drifblim. It is edible, so I think it will be based on a typical Japanese summer festival treat or fruit/vegetable.

The second riddle, the most mysterious, could be a Rfake or Paradox of Duraludon and maybe even Haxorus. Duraludon is a building, skyscraper with Gigantamax and Haxorus with an axe is clear. I could be wrong xD

The third and last, One of the 4 Pokèmon suggested by Khu should get a special form similar to Greninja of Ash/Lycanroc Dusk based on the Blood Moon or is Mightyena or is none of the 4 and could be Liepard. Panthers in mythologies are connected to the Moon and it is a 5 gen Pokémon.

I do hope the Paradox Entei/Raikou/Cobalion/Terrakion part is fake, I know some people want them but I can't picture them as anything else than Walking Wake & Iron Leaves reskinned (and IL is already Virizion reskinned), so I'd prefer if that spot goes to something more creative. Also, if we get them but not Keldeo then we'll have 15 years of people asking for Paradox Keldeo...
Considering no one guessed that Suicune would go Tyrannosaurus I don't think Raikou and Entei are locked to the same thing. There are many ancient animals they can use for inspiration, even sticking to dinosaurs/ancient reptiles, so you could get something like Pterosaur Raikou and Ankylosaurus Entei. Admittedly Cobalion and Terrakion are a bit in a rough spot considering Future Forms have stuck to the robotic theme, but even then there's ways to differentiate them so they're not as dull as Iron Leaves or Iron Jugulis.

The third hint is a Red moon and some night-themed mons. My guess would be Mightyena since it's the one that would make the most sense to get something and the only one who is not a split evolution.
It also would fit with Kieran using Poochyena seemingly as his ace, Mightyena is not a strong Pokemon as much as I wish it was so it'd make sense for it to get an evolution that makes it better and would be showcased under a major NPC.

Why not a demonic lunatone that looks like a stereotypical devil face if we're going with the hunter's moon theme

Though Paradox Unova sounds like a really cool concept I'm annoyed by the implication that we're likely not seeing Johto in proper 3D any time soon.

Though Paradox Unova sounds like a really cool concept I'm annoyed by the implication that we're likely not seeing Johto in proper 3D any time soon.
And I'm not expecting Unova to come this soon unless they really are planning a rerelease of the first three gens for NSO, which would be why Johto isn't getting the remake treatment, and Gen 10 being pushed back to 2026 for the franchise's 30th anniversary. Although right now I don't think that any past region will be revisited this gen at all.

Whatever unova remake is present is going to have it's own subtitle.

Also do not attempt to compare it to legends Arceus because you will be disappointed, but if you compare it to let's go you probably won't be.

Whatever is going on with Unova it definitely ain't a "Legends" game and personally, I think people are misinterpreting the ":" in Legends Arceus to mean that it will be a series with a Unovan or Johtonian sequel. It feels a little too early for leaks about that game, anyway, we're probably not going to see it until late 2024 so I don't know why the leakers bothered leaking anything about a game that isn't coming for another 15 months (assuming November release). Heck, if it gets revealed in February like other games often do then we literally won't know about it officially for almost exactly 7 months.

What in legends arceus was used as supposed justification for a johto game anyways (i don't look for connections in these games anyways because game freak's conceptualization process is just lolrandom).

What in legends arceus was used as supposed justification for a johto game anyways (i don't look for connections in these games anyways because game freak's conceptualization process is just lolrandom).
The fact that one of the starters was Cyndaquil? Though if that were the case, Unova and Alola would be just as likely to get one since Oshawott and Rowlet are also starters.

And if there is a remake I actually believe that it would be Johto that gets the remake treatment due to it being the gen we've gone the longest without seeing, as it's now been 14 years since the last visit, which was on the original DS in 2009. And by next year we've gone just as long since HGSS as we've been since DP at the time of BDSP's release, that being 15 years. This does not count the VC releases which you can't get anymore because the 3DS and Wii U's eShops were shut down earlier this year. The only way I can see Johto not being the next gen to be remade is if they decide to add the first three gens worth of mainline games to NSO, which is basically everything from Red and Blue all the way to Emerald.

Whatever is going on with Unova it definitely ain't a "Legends" game and personally, I think people are misinterpreting the ":" in Legends Arceus to mean that it will be a series with a Unovan or Johtonian sequel. It feels a little too early for leaks about that game, anyway, we're probably not going to see it until late 2024 so I don't know why the leakers bothered leaking anything about a game that isn't coming for another 15 months (assuming November release). Heck, if it gets revealed in February like other games often do then we literally won't know about it officially for almost exactly 7 months.
I have no idea what's going on, but what we know is that its Unova. Nobody knows for sure if its a remake, but the leaks show us we're returning to Unova.

We don't even know it's unova. We're basing it off of a company that's internal practices are airtight.

Yeah...I want it to be Unova so badly, but I know better than to make assumptions. Mostly I just want to see them experiment more with game design and story. To me, that's what made Arceus so enjoyable to play.

And if there is a remake I actually believe that it would be Johto that gets the remake treatment due to it being the gen we've gone the longest without seeing, as it's now been 14 years since the last visit, which was on the original DS in 2009. And by next year we've gone just as long since HGSS as we've been since DP at the time of BDSP's release, that being 15 years. This does not count the VC releases which you can't get anymore because the 3DS and Wii U's eShops were shut down earlier this year. The only way I can see Johto not being the next gen to be remade is if they decide to add the first three gens worth of mainline games to NSO, which is basically everything from Red and Blue all the way to Emerald.
I don't really think there is a reason to expect Johto games just because they are next. The past few gens have shown us there are no real patterns to what they are doing with Pokemon apart from a brand new game set in a new region every few years.

I do think that the approach they are taking though is to have games about battling, then expanded content (SM/USUM, SwSh, SV) followed by games that take a different focus and are more about catching (LGPE, LA). But who knows what they would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom