• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I liked it back at its time... Nowadays I think it is not that different from things like Garbodor Vanilluxe and Klefki though.

Drapion

Scorpions are among my favorite animals, so seeing GF turning the only representation of one into a different monster was bittersweet. But I still like its accordion pattern and how unique and menacing it looks, it has grown on me on recent years.

My boy Spidops

Cryogonal has a very distinct vibe to it that I think no other Pokemon, aside from maybe the Ultra Beasts, has It looks more like a strange, alien boss enemy you'd see in a classic and/or obscure shoot 'em up video game; I'd say it most reminds me of the infamous Melon Bread from Gunstar Heroes in that respect. And this is not a comment of dissent; in fact, that's more-or-less the reason why I think it's a really cool and underrated Pokemon. For a Pokemon that's essentially a living snowflake, it manages to come off as distinctly otherworldly despite the lack of any indication it's from space; again, it carries the vibes of an extraterrestrial monster that you'd see facing of against someone piloting a ship. It's a very non-Euclidean Pokemon in both a biological standpoint (look at its dex entries) and a design standpoint, which are both points that I enjoy seeing. Overall, I like this surreal, unearthly snowflake monster; and I feel like it deserves more love.
On another note, I miss my Mango Bread; my old Shiny Cryogonal in the Pokemon Shield save I lost. I should get it back somehow...

Duskull

Last edited:
One of the best middle-stage starter evolutions, always liked this thing ever since it was first revealed. I even ended up having mine hold an Everstone when I played Ultra Sun. (I just wish its design was more of a crimson red, like the other two cats in its family, instead of having that orange tint.)

Lycanroc, any form

I must admit I prefer the evening form the most out of all the forms. It looks menacing but it also looks like it would protect you. I also really like the mixture of the orange colors with the other ones. Day-form feels a bit bland with its washed-out gray color though I still like it. Hisuian Zoroark looks similar to the night-form. I must admit that I prefer Hisuian Zoroark losing points for night form Lycanroc. It’s still cool though.

Iron Valiant

The Paradox Pokemon confuse me…I want to like them but they kinda make my brain hurt. I’d actually rather they end up being a product of imagination come to life instead of actually from the past/future. That being said, I’d have warmed up to them a lot more if they did more unique things like they did with Galladevoir here; this is one of my favorites in terms of design and typing and I hope it does well competitively.

Paldean Tauros

Paldean Tauros... Has the dubious honor of being my least favorite Pokemon designed by James Turner. They're not  bad... But they really aren't that interesting to me; and it's kinda damning that one of the only few regional forms in Paldean is... A bunch of barely different versions of the same bull. It really kinda stings, cuz again; they're pretty inoffensive in the long run, but also in the same generation designed by the same guy is Tatsugiri, who's become one of my favorite Dragon types ever (and his other dragons: Guzzlord and Naganadel, were also pretty high up there!), and it's dim-witted yet monstrous (in a good way) pretend-dragon compatriot Dondozo. To say that they're overshadowed by virtue of that is... Probably putting it lightly.

Beheeyem

beheeyem is one of those unova pokemon that's just kinda there? unova is a region full of interesting and great designs, and the concept of a pokemon based off of aliens is something i'd eat up, but it just seems like kind of a let down. i much prefer elgyem, i wish it was more like it.

reuniclus

Ah, Reuniclus. While it does very much seem to based off a collection of cells, I always wondered how it would feel. I always imagined if feeling like jello or something. It was always one of my favorite non-animal like Pokemon. It helps that it is generally pretty good competitively, and it is a shame that I never played a game that let me catch it natively.

Time for its baby form, Solosis.

I’m not the biggest fan of the Reuniclis line. Reuniclis itself looks a little funky but Solosis looks at least semi-normal. It’s overall a very strange Pokémon that I don’t think is interesting design-wise but interesting just like it’s biology and stuff.

Snorlax

The Skiddo line is another one of those severely underrated evolutionary lines. Gogoat gets so much flack by fans IMO, and for what?? It has a creative design, good base stats and can definitely hold its own in battles. I think it deserves more appreciation. (y)

Avalugg

I love how Gamefreak took Legends Arceus as an opportunity to make Avalugg into a giant golden mountain-like boss. It felt epic having to face off a massive sentient glacier head on, and it wasn't too easy. This Hisuian Avalugg fight really heightened my impression of Avalugg in general.

Slurpuff

Back
Top Bottom