• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

it's fine, but looking at the alolan forms compared to more recent regional variants really made me think about how.. uninspired they were? like both the sandshrew and vulpix got the ice type, both the ratata and meowth lines got dark type, the only thing they did to the geodude and diglett lines were add hair, i love alolan ninetales and exeggutor, but it just felt kind of boring.

ponyta

A better interpretation of the baku than the Drowzee line, but I still don't care for it.
Houndoom

Ever since I first saw it, Houndoom has always been not just one of my favorite Fire and Dark types, but one of my favorite Pokemon, period. I've always liked Dark types and Fire types, and Houndoom is almost the perfect blend of the two to me! Such a fan of the color scheme, design, typing, everything! Forever one of my favorites! (y):cool:

Torracat

annoyed by it, because game freak had potential to do something really cool with a dragon/ice type combo and it's... well... that. idk. it's one of the only (if not outright only one?) psuedo-legends that i have no excitement for whatsoever. no "omg i want this 'mon on my team!!" thing. nothing about it appeals to me, so i don't really pay attention to it.

golem

I get that it is supposed to look like many stacks of coins and that it is really good, but I can't really stand its design. It looks a bit too goofy and too much like a string cheese mascot.

Chandelure

I adore Gholdengo, sue me. I felt pretty ambivalent about Gimmighoul but I had hope for its evolution, and this thing did not disappoint. Love how funny and unique it looks, love the surfboard and the type combo too. On top of that, it's also an absolute beast in competitive, which is truly fantastic.
I got ninja'd :wynaut:

Chandelure is similarly great. I think Ghost/Fire is an awesome type combination, and the concept of the Litwick line works perfectly with it. The design is just so classic Gen 5 that it almost makes me nostalgic. Extremely tough, good shiny, no notes.

Tatsugiri

It's a good design; I have always liked the Brain and Brawl trope across various media, and Dondozo and Tatsugiri showcase it very well. Not to mention, the duo is a formidable force in competitive environment.

Iron Thorns

It's very forgettable, and its ability is just a copy of mimikyu's. It is funny that one of its forms is called a noice form.

Archeops

i absolutely love archeops, and it always makes me sad how its ability absolutely destroys its viability in most situations. i love archaeopteryxes (archaeopteryxi?) and i think its design is incredibly beautiful, by far my favorite fossil line besies arctozolt and dracovish.

speaking of which, dracovish

Back
Top Bottom