• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I personally liked the majority of the Gen VI designs, but Tyrunt wasn't my favorite. I love his English name, though, it perfectly incapsulates the concept of what Tyrunt's about! That being said, his design is kind of simplistic and it's interesting because I feel like he could fit in with pre Gen III Pokémon. I agree that we needed a dinosaur fossil Pokémon, I just wish his design was more unique.

Lileep

I've said it before but I'll happily say it again... Lileep is easily one of my all-time favorites! I like most of the Fossils anyway, but its face (or lack thereof) and the way it sways back and forth are both particularly adorable features that made it stand out to me. I love it and its evolution, any time I see a crinoid I tend to think of it immediately.

Bramblin

@StormyStinger I have come along to appreciate the Bramblin line a bit more with how Wind Rider can let it wall some of its weaknesses, even if I think they are a little underwhelming.

As for Darumaka, it evolves into one of my favorite Unova Pokémon. It resembling a combination of a matryoshka doll and a primate is pretty neat. Otherwise, it is a mostly basic Fire-type Pokémon.

Mr. Rime

Last edited:
A rather interesting evolution that does make sense in the context of its region and its origins. It progresses the tap dancing theme from Galarian Mr. Mime and its design is fairly solid. Sure, the second face on its belly is a bit odd but it is a pocket monster after all so I appreciate the weirdness in a way. We also finally have another Ice/Psychic type family aside from Jynx so that's neat as well.

Pecharunt

It is a very interesting Pokémon. I think it's implied about Kieran being somehow corrupted by it during the Indigo Disk stuff. Kieran as a frail boy disappointed by Ogerpon who did not choose him as his trainer, was a perfect target. However I do like Pecharunt's purple looks a lot... I prefer this Pokémon over Gengar, since they share the same type combination.

Musharna...?

It's outside of my type specialty, but it's fine.
(I actually enjoy it a fair bit. Its shell being hardened lava is very cool, and I love gastropods and gastropod-adjacent creatures in general.)

Braviary

i think the idea of a vulture pokémon is very cool, but i don't really like the way they designed mandibuzz personally...? it's not an anthropomorphic pokémon, but at the same time when you look at it you know it's supposed to be a girl and for me it always brings to mind the classic image of a cavewoman... does any of this make sense... i guess i just wish the design felt more like an animal to me (although admittedly i don't know how they would have done so)...

fomantis?

While it isn't my favorite Grass type, it is kind of cute. The concept of a plant masquerading as a bug to catch prey is kind of neat. And I do like it more than its clown pants wearing evolution.

Sandyghast?

Boring and has a disappointing signature Ability. Palossand is no better.
Unfezant

one of, if not my least favourite early route bird pokemon. the design flat out just does not appeal to me whatsoever. it looks boring, almost intentionally so, and nothing... really justifies me using it as part of an early game party.

forretress

Ugly and dumb-looking, I greatly prefer Dodrio as far as ostrich Pokemon go.
Groudon

I'm more of a Kyogre fan but I do enjoy Groudon's "pissed off" looks as well, every time.
Well, it is also nice how its "omega evolution" does make it seem the Pokémon version of Godzilla.

Sandaconda...?

I'm... not super into designs with huge nostrils, to tell you the truth... I would have been totally fine with it otherwise, and maybe even liked it for its unique coil, but its face is just so offputting to me!

Lumineon?

Back
Top Bottom