• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

The ugly duckling to swan motif is neat for the line. I also like that the bridges in Unova had spots where Swanna or Ducklett could spawn in when you are trying to collect feathers. Otherwise, it is kind of forgettable, and I prefer the other waterfowl line with dancing motifs...

Which leads me to Quaxly

It's fine. The only member of its family that I really like is Raboot. I get that the markings are meant to resemble a soccer jersey and shorts, but they are a little off-puting. Otherwise, a firey soccer-playing rabbit is a funny concept for a mon.

Lanturn

It is quite adorable, although I do understand why some people prefer Chinchou.
Spectrier

Amusing stag beetle that does I don't have strong feeling for. In the anime, I do like that it moves its mandibles up and down when it is happy.

Stantler

Uh! This Pokémon is missing since like forever... It is awesome, especially its mega evolved form which is one of my favourites.
Yeah, I freaking love Mega Aggron and I'm bearing the hope to see it again in the next Pokémon game about Kalos legends.

Ledian...?

Now, most Pokemon that are designed by Hitoshi Ariga tend to be somewhere among my favorite Pokemon... this ursine, unfortunately; ain't one of them. I won't deny that the concept is rather solid, I suppose: it's a rebellious anthropomorphic bear that takes after 20th century-style stereotypes Japanese high school rebels, right down to evolving from a 'bad/rebelling' influence in being in close proximity to a soon-to-be fellow Dark type. Frankly, it's more just a case of a Pokemon that I might have cared about sometime in its debut but it eventually fell to the black, expansive sea of indifference, I'd reckon. Or, being both a Fighting type and a bear in itself; it just kind of encompasses two things that I'm inclined to feel a disinterest towards. In fact, unless one is willing to count the nondescript synapsid Snorlax as an ecological analogue to ursine beasts; there's only two fully-grown ursid Pokemon I genuinely appreciate: Alola's uncanny valley mascot-like rampaging Bewear (which admittedly ironically checks the factors I mentioned prior), and Kitakami's utterly repulsive, decrepit monstrosity that is the Bloodmoon Ursaluna.

Aurorus

Last edited:
As a huge fan of dinosaurs ever since I was a little kid, in particular the sauropods which were always my favorites, Aurorus is an awesome Fossil Pokémon, and might just be one of my favorites. (Fossil Pokémon, that is.) It has a great design too, having a sail on its back just like the Dino which it was based off of, Amargasaurus, but having it be color-changing like an aurora to fit with its name and Ice type. Overall, a fantastic Pokémon, and one of my favorite Fossils and Ice and Rock types.

(I just wish it didn't have those 2 nasty quad weaknesses to Fighting and Steel types, on top of already being weak to 4 other types.)

Tyrantrum

Last edited:
There's no doubt I'm much more of a Conkeldurr lady, but I do think Machamp is a funny Pokémon as well.
Like most of the older generation cries, Machamp has a very unforgettable one which remained well imprinted in my mind.

Drampa...?

Back
Top Bottom