• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bragging Thread!

So I had caught zygarde with a quick ball, thought I'd try again with zapdos. Yep turn 1 catch with quick ball. Best part of my day.

My adventures in Safari Land continues~

I was just in the Friend Safari looking for a Diggersby. So I came across two and caught them both, just in case the second one was better than the first.

The first one was like Sassy with Pickup, sooo...not really that useful.

Second one: Jolly with Huge Power! Diggersby Tho?

And in just one Pokeball, I assume? You OWN.

I want to catch me a legendary in a PREMIERE BALL someday, also just for the bragging rights.

I caught Zekrom and victini with premiere balls :yahoo:, at least Zekrom wasn't that hard :spin:.

You bet I have a charm with minccinos in this gen :awww:, I have three already..! :lick: One through breeding and two I got in safaris, currrently building a team of shiny (in a near future :naughty:) cinccinos <3.

There are rumors about shiny Pokemon being easier to find in the Friend Safari, so I was testing to see if it would work for me. Then, I found a shiny Meinfoo! :-D It's so cute!

So I was searching up some rain to evolve my Sliggoo at Lv.50 -- flew all over Kalos, then found it raining in Cyllage City and went fishing.

Sliggoo levels up, evolves into Goodra, and it's not raining anymore. ...Wait, what?

With the exceptions of Articuno and Zapdos (which I probably won't be able to obtain until Pokemon Bank is released), I now own every single obtainable Pokemon in X and Y and have them all sorted in Pokedex order.

With the exceptions of Articuno and Zapdos (which I probably won't be able to obtain until Pokemon Bank is released), I now own every single obtainable Pokemon in X and Y and have them all sorted in Pokedex order.

Oh, nice job. I'm working on my dex now. Only thing is, I don't retain my acquisitions; Obtain a Weavile? Trade it for Magmortar, trade that for Electivire, trade that for Gliscor, etc.
I wouldn't have the patience to organise them all by Dex No. But I have sorted out my transfers in BW/2.

Bragging about the unlikely: I just caught a Pokémon whose IV spread total barely reaches 21. Yes, the total. The IV spread is 1/2/3/3/3/11.

My Hawlucha currently knows Fly and Dig. I just cannot get enough of that combination.

Oh, and in a totally random PSS battle that I was NOT prepared for, I almost knocked out a Protean Greninja in two attacks.
- Linoone (my Pickup and HM slave) got off one Strength for about 50% damage, went down on the next turn so I swap in Jolteon.
- I expect Greninja won't use a Water-type move in front of an Electric, so I pick Shadow Ball. He hits me with Extrasensory, becoming Psychic just in time for Shadow Ball to nail a SE hit (Greninja survives with just 1 pixel on the HP meter). Then on the next turn I wager he's switching back to Water so I pick Thunderbolt - I'm right again, but he outsped Jolteon so that was that.

Last edited:
First off, I caught not one, but two shinies so far. The first was a Venomoth from the Friend Safari and the second shiny, Clawitzer, happened a few days later while fishing. And secondly, numerous critical captures.

After three hours of searching, I found a Shiny Loudred in the Friend Safari. Seven total hours of searching later, I finally found what I was looking for which was a Shiny Eevee. Now I can evolve it to my favorite Pokemon of all Shiny Umbreon :-D

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom