• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bragging Thread!

Caught Zygarde! Capture Power Lv.1 + Paralysis + three Super Fangs.

First Luxury Ball thrown ALMOST caught him (got three shakes). Ran out of Luxury Balls after 10 more turns, started chucking Premiere Balls, third one thrown caught him.

YES!

Not so much bragging as being mean, but...
So I've been telling my friend about all the shinies I've been getting (found five, obtained four and counting), and just now he tells me he's found a shiny luvdisc. I wanted to help but he wasn't connected to the internet and then he crit'd it with POison sting, leading to his despair while I'm left being rather braggy that I have been so much more lucky.
Though I feel bad. If only I'd taught that Mawile I gave him False Swipe.

I'm really proud of my team so far. Even trainers/leaders other people have complained of like Fairy-type gym leader, Korrina, or the Hawlucha girl in Reflection Cave have been easy for me (and no, I'm not using Exp Share). What makes me proud is the fact that I'm using "weak" pokemon just because I like them and I don't take much care to balance out my in-game team's weaknesses or anything.

Got my first 50 win streak in the Battle Maison, beating the Rotation challenge on super difficulty. The highlight was definitely my Chesnaught flattening the Chatelaine's Musketeer trio all by himself.

Managed to get me a shiny Ninetiles with ave IV of 31-31-30-30-31-31. Was just about to close off and go to sleep too when it appeared. Friend safari's rock!

beat the elite four with only 2 pokemon on the first try with only using one full restore without saving in between.

First encounter with a Super Size Pumpkaboo. Quick Ball, critical capture, done. :)

Caught myself a 4 IV Ditto in FS. Cannot believe what a blessing that is for breeding!

VJt5MLw.gif

Alphonse the Chespin (M) - Adamant, Overgrow, 31\31\31\12\31\31

a9pCBpN.gif

Saphira the Tyrunt (F) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\28\31\31

Oh yeahhhh. Dozens of eggs later, I have two of the coolest Kalos shinies. :'D I've already assembled shiny Gogoat through chaining and Dragalge through fishing.

Just caught a female Impish Togepi with 31/31/31/31/31/x IV's. It's the wrong nature, but I was actually catching one for breeding purposes so that doesn't matter (guess I will ensure the Honchcrow has perfect speed), but unfortunately its female so that 31 Atk IV is never going to get passed down to anything except Togepi....but its still 5 perfect IV's.

I've actually had a lot of good fortune with this game! IV breeding has been made so much more user friendly, and so my breeding projects have been going smoothly.

Not only that, but I have ran into not one, not two, but three, 'count 'em, three shinies in the past week! A Ditto, a Dugtrio and a Geodude. I've also gotten a shiny Clauncher, and a shiny Kirlia, both of which were received in trades. It's very exciting!

I've actually had a lot of good fortune with this game! IV breeding has been made so much more user friendly, and so my breeding projects have been going smoothly.

Not only that, but I have ran into not one, not two, but three, 'count 'em, three shinies in the past week! A Ditto, a Dugtrio and a Geodude. I've also gotten a shiny Clauncher, and a shiny Kirlia, both of which were received in trades. It's very exciting!
congrats!
its a shame shiny ditto isnt as useful in gen 6 as it was in gen 2

congrats!
its a shame shiny ditto isnt as useful in gen 6 as it was in gen 2

It really is a shame, wasn't there a shiny boost or something back then if you used a shiny Ditto? But at least Friend Safari Dittos are cornerstones for breeding this gen. And I know a few people who incorporate Impostor Ditto into teams-- I however could never pull that off.

It really is a shame, wasn't there a shiny boost or something back then if you used a shiny Ditto? But at least Friend Safari Dittos are cornerstones for breeding this gen. And I know a few people who incorporate Impostor Ditto into teams-- I however could never pull that off.
In G2 shininess was based on IV's, so if you bred one or two shiny Pokemon together your chances of a shiny baby went way up.

In G2 shininess was based on IV's, so if you bred one or two shiny Pokemon together your chances of a shiny baby went way up.
1/64 chance of being shiny, if destiny knot breeding were in gen 2, then it would be 100%
and you cant breed 2 shinies together cos of the IV based anti incest system, but if you could it would still be 1/64 cos of the way inheritance works

back to bragging, i once managed to get 2 shiny Porygons out of 1 set of 5 eggs using that method, i also have a shiny charizard, espeon, vulpix, bulbasaur and squirtle (i think i mentioned squirtle before) next im gonna get pikachu and gastly

So I used my master ball to catch mewtwo, went to go catch Zygarde. Fainted it 4 times and it was really late so I decided to be silly before I go to bed and just throw a quick ball at it turn 1. Of course I catch it after all that time wasted :I lol

So you know how Route 10 is my Kryptonite, right? Every Golett there sees me coming, jumps in front of me and since I'm a sap, I catch them. Well, I got to Kiloude Town and hit up the judge. Just for the heck of it, I yank out one of the Brave Iron Fist Golett I caught simply because I ran into it and thought it was cute.

"Relatively superior" potential. Perfect in HP. Oh yeah, total keeper. Can't wait to train the little guy so he can become a wrecking ball.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom