• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all non-vegetarians eat fast food every day xD

Our family isn't vegetarian but my parents have been cutting their intake of meat and they like the new diet. There are plenty of alternatives for meat after all so I guess it doesn't bother them.

A diet is a diet

Anyway apparently it is like 45 degrees C's in Sydney. Harsh

Yeah, just because someone's not vegetarian doesn't mean they're unhealthy. I'm not sure why our family was vegetarian in the first place. (For all I know, it could be religious or something. O_O) But whatever the reason is, the vegetarianism has just been passed down.

Anyway apparently it is like 45 degrees C's in Sydney. Harsh
Seriously? I'd die in that heat 0_o

Im not vegetarian and I rarely eat fast food, Im not a huge fan of it(french fries and chicken nuggets are ok) I dont eat a whole lot of meat though, I try to eat healthy things.
Same here, I don't like fast food, especially hamburgers and french fries.
That sounds good, to eat healthy food. ...I can't make up the mind to cut fruit juices or soda...

Yeah, just because someone's not vegetarian doesn't mean they're unhealthy. I'm not sure why our family was vegetarian in the first place. (For all I know, it could be religious or something. O_O) But whatever the reason is, the vegetarianism has just been passed down.
Perhaps as a habit? Parents would prepare meals for their children based on what they eat, so if they are vegetarians, they'd prepare vegetarian meals and it'd become a habit for the kids too.

Perhaps as a habit? Parents would prepare meals for their children based on what they eat, so if they are vegetarians, they'd prepare vegetarian meals and it'd become a habit for the kids too.

Probably. The habit has been passed down for a very long time. XD Everyone that I know is related to me is a vegetarian.

bad it makes me feel to know I'm not eating carcasses and using up energy that could be used to grow enough grain to myself as well as people who are starving.
Vegetarians are depressed because they're the only ones who understand the cruelty going on here.

First of all, not all land can be used to produce corn/whatever. They can however be used for grazing etc. To say that that energy could have been used otherwise is not entirely correct. (of course if you prop up a cow on corn, then I would agree, and that is the case a lot of times). Besides, animals gives us more than meat.

Moreover, I don't really think that vegetarians can claim any moral highground regarding that "we don't eat carcasses" thing. You eat organic material, things that lived as well, I don't see how it really makes a difference between a plant and a pig. Besides, who said eating animals are immoral? Giving them poor living conditions, stuffing them together in tight spots, sure, but eating them? I really don't see the problem.

To cut it short, it's not as black and white as what you're trying to make it. I have no problem with vegetarians or the like at all, and quite a few people could very well cut heavily on the meat, but that doesn't make everything else right.

On a completely different note, got my new laptop. Wooh!

I could never become a vegetarian. I eat lots of vegetables, fruits, grains, but also I balance it with meat. I couldn't go on with the rest of my life having never tried chicken or pork or beef.

I've tried being vegetarian twice, as I don't like the thought of animals being slaughtered just so I can eat something I like. The first time didn't work out at all, and though the second time lasted a bit longer, I wasn't getting enough protein and had to take up meat again. :/

I definately don't mind eating vegetarian foods and cutting my meat consumption to be healthy and all that, not that I eat all that much meat anyway, I simply don't need a large amount. I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult to be vegetarian, though other people around you may not understand your choice.
@H-con; that's good :) I don't think I'll have to get a new laptop for quite a while if all goes well.

Most of my shoes are various different types of converse, so I don't buy any other's often, unless I need new school shoes or Winter boots, etc etc.

I have a pair of shoes somewhat like Converses other than that, I have a pair of fleece lined boots for winter that's really the only two pairs of shoes I wear on a constant basis. I ought to get a pair of sandals for summer but that's about all the shoes I currently need.

I have five different converse, one pair with a Union Flag design, one pair with a rose design, one pair with a gothic design, one sea-blue pair, and one pair that's meant to look like a Pokeball. Then I have my black pumps for school, black boots for Winter, black lace-up boots with spikes on them, and Union Flag flip-flops for Summer. I also have two pairs of white running shoes. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom