• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

A Japanese wiki about the Dream World suggests that you may get more visits over the Dream Bridge each day if you gain more points, but I've seen nothing to back it up.
If they really want the Dream World to mirror the PokéWalker they'll probably add more areas at later dates with higher requirements though, so you may want to get points in readiness for that. Originally, the Sea was 20000 points, so they certainly didn't mind going up that far point-wise.

I'm pretty sure the Sea was just 10000 points. But yeah, they will probably release new courses/minigames soon.

Good points, guys (no horrible pun intended). While I guess there may still be good reason to collect points, I just haven't been able to make myself do it for Pokemon that I don't want anymore.

What's the standard amount of times you can cross the dream bridge, five? I swear there have been times I crossed more than that (once I got over 1000 points in one day because of it). Next few times I play, I'll write down each area as I go to it and see how many times I get to cross total to see if this is true.

Dream World really sucked for me today. The only female Pokemon I got was a Glameow (I know I said I won't play the minigames if I don't want the Poke, but I will always play if it's a Poke I haven't encountered before). :/ I didn't even get any males with useful moves.

Found a female Horsea too but Swift Swim is so much better than Damp

Fixed. ;)

Well just got back from my DW time. got my <3 icon but i left with 110pts away from 10,000 fffff....

ah well.
Ran into only 2 pokemon i was interested in, male Sheer Force Tauros and female FlareBoost Drifloon. Went with Drifloon.

Felt kinda cheated though since Tauros' species is always male, does that mean the only way to get a DW one is to actually get it from the dw? no way to breed one, do i have that right? :,(

Also found some goodies in the forest and such, and since i haven't really been putting out good items for my "friends", i decided to share the love!
dreamworld-shareshelf.png

And speaking of "Friends", seems like another user here of the forums has found me :D yay!

i was wondering, those lil speech bubbles that pop up when you hover your mouse on a pokemon, when the wild DW pokemon show them, does that signify anything? i've noticed certain ones have the musical note and some a (...)?

idk if i'm thinking too much into it but i was just curious.

Perhaps they only tell you how many points you have as indication of whether you want to spend your time on them or not.

I'll try to look into it tomorrow

Here ya go:

It shows you how many points you've earned during your current session in the Dream World.

Here ya go:

It shows you how many points you've earned during your current session in the Dream World.
We know what the icons mean when you do them, the question was whether those icons meant anything for the wild Pokemon in question.

My response was to say that those icons were the exact same as the character's icon, so unless that's what you're saying, there's no need to make an image of Bulbapedia's chart.

Felt kinda cheated though since Tauros' species is always male, does that mean the only way to get a DW one is to actually get it from the dw? no way to breed one, do i have that right? :,(

Maybe Dream World Miltank? I'm not sure about that.

Well to each is own I suppose. Personally I'd rather constantly crit than be faster in the rain, but whatever works :)

Two scoops? One giant scoop is enough to get to the target line

Yeah true, but for whatever reason I'm always compelled to do more than one. Maybe because it looks more like a snowman when you do 2? I dunno.

Speaking of the Ice Cream game, I wonder if the Vanniluxe line is horrified to see you feeding its cousins to other pokemon? :D

YAY. today was the second time I went into the DW after collecting 10000 points and the first thing i run into is: Female Vulpix with Heat Wave.

I feel very lucky :)

and they aren't ice cream, they're icicles/stalactites.

It's definitely an ice cream cone. How else do you explain the chocolate straw (or the representation of one) in Vanilluxe?

Ugh. Minigames are too fast for my computer ;_; I'm not very good at them

its an icicle.

Of course the Dex entry is going to try and steer away from perceived "silliness", but seriously, there's absolutely no way it doesn't take at least some inspiration from cold desserts. I mean, even their Japanese names use the word "vanilla", and what's the most well-known use of vanilla? Ice-cream flavouring!

Vanilluxe is based on an ice cream cone with snow for scoops and icicles for the waffle cone, though its boat-like body and two "scoop" heads may indicate a banana split. Vanilluxe has bits of ice on it that look like bits of nuts, and it also seems to have whipped cream on both of its heads, also making Vanilluxe look like a banana split or sundae. It also has a straw- or rolled wafer-like appendage, bringing ice cream sodas to mind.

its an icicle.

So? That means they formed from icicles intowhat seem to be ice cream cones.

The whole Dream World thing is great with all of the new abilities and games, but the whole thing is a bit too complicated by my standards.

Today, I reached the "60" mark just as the timer hit zero...then the scoop that hit the 60 fell off T_T

I reached 59,97 a couple of days ago. :lol:

My ice cream game record is 91", and I still got a male Lotad out of it (which I didn't choose to take back)

i average 160in every day o_O you guys must not be using the icecream glitch huh?

Watch and rejoice.

So? That means they formed from icicles intowhat seem to be ice cream cones.

ok, seriously, i think we get it :/ its both, sheesh.

I used White in my DSi for about 10 minutes last night (didn't use Wi-Fi or anything), and yet, I still have to wait 24 hours to use Game Sync...urgh.

I used White in my DSi for about 10 minutes last night (didn't use Wi-Fi or anything), and yet, I still have to wait 24 hours to use Game Sync...urgh.
It doesn't matter about WiFi, or whatever you do. The moment you save in another DS you've got yourself a 24 hour lockout.

Also, I have a certain request. I'm looking to talk with some people to help finish up research a sort of Dream Pal search. I hope when implemented it would allow some people to Dream Pal request each other without relying on the randomness of the current system. If you're interested, have less than 10 Dream Pals, and would be willing to help, please PM me with a link to your profile, or the profile of a Pal of yours listing you on it.

EDIT: I've recently been alerted that this may look like a request for login details, I intended it to be nothing of the sort and the only action needed on someone's part would be to link me a profile and check if they get a footprint of mine.

Last edited:
Everything was pretty normal today. I watered berries and shit, but then, I saw Soulweaver's house! I sent a Dream Pal request :3

Question-

The article still says "limit of 50" for the transfer, but is that a total lifetime for the game (which, since it's linked to a Dream World ID, means total per ID) . . . or is that the maximum number you can have floating in the Entralink Forest before you need to go clean it out?

Has anyone actually HIT the limit yet?

Back
Top Bottom