• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "If Pokémon Were Real" Thread

If Pokemon were real, I would want to ride a Ponyta/Rapidish and enter some horse race.

I think that if Pokemon were real, getting a license to be a trainer would be really hard, and then there would be rigid guidelines on which Pokemon you can and can't train.

If it were more like in the anime or the games, though, I would want to have a pet Luxray. It looks so badass, and there's the added bonus of it having X-ray vision!

If Pokemon were suddenly introduced into the world of BMGF members: I would grab a Torterra and make a run for it. Torterra is pretty neat since he can grow food on his body, and I could hide underneath him for protection. I say this because some massively disastrous war would immediately break out.

If BMGF members were suddenly introduced into the world of Pokemon: I would go live in Fortree City in the treehouses! Probably with lots of cutesy pokemon like Skitty and Wigglytuff and Chimecho because they're cuddleable, and some grass and water types, maybe a Lombre.

If Pokemon were real I'd probably get a Charmander as a starter and be a trainer, just because it would be awesome and make my currently boring life not so boring :p A Pikachu would be awesome to have, and I'd probably be on a hunt to catch a Mew. Although, out of all the Pokemon, I have to say I'd want a Tyrunt as my main companion.

There would be tons of pokes I'd hang around with, like Nidoking, Druddigon, Vaporeon, Zapdos, ect.

One of the coolest things would be flying around on a poke. Imagine the things you would see.

If Pokemon were real the laws of physics would collapse XD But then again studying Pokemon could definitely have scientific benefits. We'd have better evidence of things like dinosaurs and aliens (if not outright proof). As for me, I'd probably assemble a team to fight crime with.

I would definitely pull an Ash and have a Pikachu as my partner. If there was the opportunity to go out and travel/compete/collect then I would certainly do that too! But just the companionship would be enough for me! :025:

HA! That has been my dream for a while, actually... no like, actually, that was my dream last saturday..

Well if you met me, I'd probably be the only person riding an Arcanine in the 80 mile radius around me! XD

I's also have a sylveon because A) They're boss. and B) because they make life easier by being present.

Garchomp. most defenantly a Garchomp. there is something about them that draws me in.
I also think that they don't give up in battle.

And a haunter. I LOVE haunter! XD I'd have him poke people teleport in front of them and use scary face when they turn around.
Scare the crap out of people. it'd be hilarous!:)

If Pokémon were real, I'd start out with Pikachu and travel Kanto (Yellow), then I'd pick Cyndaquil and travel Johto (Crystal), then I'd go to Hoenn and heat it up with Torchic (Emerald), I'd go back to Kanto and take a Charmander with me (FR/LG) and then Piplup and I would dominate Sinnoh (Platinum) and I'd return to Johto with a trusty Totodile (HG/SS). Then I'd leave my trusty team of six starters behind and head to Unova and start again with Snivy (B/W) and after making it through Unova, I'd pick Oshawott and travel it again (B2/W2) and then I'd head to Kalos and Fennekin and I would rule the world. Then I'd head back to Hoenn and use Treecko. (ORAS)

:p I'd be like Ash, only useful lol

I think I will be pokemon coordinator in Pokemon Real universe.

If pokemon is real, trainers would be really strong and competitive and Pokemon would be abused quite bad. And there would be 'Save the Pokemon' and reason for being a vegetarian as 'I don't want to eat Pokemon. That's too cruel'. And I would look to my Vulpix, her big gold eyes and finally be able to become skinny with sparkling eyes cause I only munch carrots.

I think this what preety much would happen in Pokemon Real Universe.

Last edited:
pssh if pokemon were real,id leave, and cache as many eevee as i want,ignoring the only 6 rule bwhahaha,and evolve them all into sylveon leafeon umbreon glaceon espeon vaporeon flareon and jolteon then keep an eevee. the umbreon would rest on my shoulders like a scarf,and leafeon would walk besides me.

Golurk: It's a giant robot. Need I say more?
And it can fly. And it can act as a personal bodyguard. No one would want to mess with you if you had one of these big fellas standing next to you. Hey, I'd never have to worry about getting a ride to work if I had one of those big lugs around me. XD

Personally I'd have my Talonflame carry me around, but that's cool too.

Lol, I wonder what my teachers would say when they hear "me" say "Zourark" to answer a question. If I actually did go out in the world of Pokemon, if see myself being an evil "mercenary" if you will. I'd have a team consisting of Toxicroak, Malamar, Skuntank, Victreebel, Arbok, and Gengar. I'd be a part of the highest bidder. I wouldn't be taken cheap, and I never return home if I did this sort of thing. My family would never accept me. Another idea is teaming up with my friend Dominik, and kicking Team Magma's ass on Team Aqua. All I know is I'd be in some form of a crime syndicate.

Re: The "If Pokemon Were Real" thread

We'll in my behalf I would spent my days lazily fishing for magicarp and corsola, and along side me my Slowking. In reality pokemon wouldn't be so different or drastic as we all seem to think of it. Pokemon have been themed of of animals, objects, and legends. Yes it would b weird having a giant orange dragon blasting fire here and there, but the matter would adapt as the norm. To make a clearer view of this, maybe one hundred years ago a Panda was an animal of myth, but now we see it like an any day endangered animal. In a world full of pokemon the world would see these creatures as normal and accept it. Plus, everyone knows what would happen first, the militarized would get scared of this "new" "threat" that has appeared and try to fight it and get there assessed handed to them by lazer shooting giant blue sea serpents. Then after a while the kids and adults that the know the true nature of pokemon will shed the light on the matter(in theory) and all ends in opening gyms all over the world and discovering how to revive dinosaurs YAY!!!!!!

If they were real, then I'd live in the PMD world. Hopefully as a Pokemon. I don't really see how humans could exist in such a world, although the Explorers series has proof that they did...

Of course, if they existed in the world as it is, I shudder to think what kind of carnage would ensue as soon as wackadoodles like ISIS or... just about anyone, really... got their hands on a Pokemon, particularly pseudo-legends. The Pokemon world as we all know it seems to stay somewhat unaffected by Pokemon battles; I doubt that our world would be as flame-resistant, freeze-resistant, physically tough-as-nails, or bloodless. There would be a ton of blood for sure. Also, stuff like Mewtwo would be pretty common, I'd bet. Gene splicing, genetic engineering, and superweapon-breeding would probably become a staple to holding a position as a world power. Pretty disturbing, right? Especially if you consider how Mewtwo turned out in pretty much every story it's ever been featured in.

Basically, I think what our world (and our world's bad guys) would do with Pokemon would make just about every bad guy team from the games look like playground bullies. There wouldn't just be Pokemon theft; Pokemon would become humanity's new living weapons. Think Shadow Pokemon and Cipher times a billion on a global scale. I know they should be treated as friends and not tools, but I can't see any other way everyone would view them... if they don't try to annihilate them all first. Either way, the world would become a very dangerous place. Pokemon would not mix with the way our world works at all.

The only way Pokemon could be real- but not destabilize everything- would be for them to exist in... the world we see them in. A reality that lets Fire-types battle indoors without burning everything down, and the economy runs on a single pastime without a government or sovereign needed to keep it under control. Where the biggest problems are crazy teams that can be ROFLstomped by a ten-year-old, and those who believe Pokemon battling should be banned are considered nutjobs. I'd much rather wake up and realize I've somehow arrived in the Pokemon world rather than waking up and finding out the Pokemon had come to us.

Last edited:
If Pokemon were real, either humans or the Pokemon would become extinct real fast. Humans would try to kill them all either for resources or out of fear of their powers. But given how powerful many of the Pokemon are, as well as the fact that they would be intelligent enough to know what was going on, they would fight back with extreme force.

I'd still be playing Pokemon in 3DS as I think that would be safer for me than trying to tame and train Salamence or Gengar.

I'd still be playing Pokemon in 3DS as I think that would be safer for me than trying to tame and train Salamence or Gengar.

Yeah this would be me, and I'd probably just chill around with a Slowking or some other lazy Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom