• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Re: The "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

@Crowdeity: Um, you need natures for all of those, you left out the most important thing...

@Dethroned: Someone probably used the AR code that allows you to catch a trainer owned Pokemon. Even if it's not Cynthia's, there's no way it's legit.

Yeah, that's most likely. Oh, well. At least the thing works, right?
Also, thanks for the confirmation. :D

I'm never one to encourage use of hacks in battle because some people don't know where to stop. But if it's not illegal in any other way (EV or moveset wise), I suppose it's ok to use against others. Just note that some people, like myself, don't like facing hacks at all, legal or illegal.

@Crowdeity: Um, you need natures for all of those, you left out the most important thing...

@Dethroned: Someone probably used the AR code that allows you to catch a trainer owned Pokemon. Even if it's not Cynthia's, there's no way it's legit.

Sorry I didn't know xD.

Darkrai-Quirky
Aug. 10 2009
met at newmoon island lvl 50
IVs(in game order)

Shaymin-Hardy
Sep. 30 2009(fateful encounter Lvl 30)
Flower Paradise
IVs

Ho-oh -Bashful
May 24,2010
Bell tower (lvl 45)
IVs

Last edited:

If you're absolutely sure that those are the correct IVs and there's no EVs tampering with them, then by all indications they look legit if there's nothing fishy with the encounter data. The IV and nature combos are all legit, and honestly no one would hack stuff with such bad IVs and natures. :p So yeah, they look fine.

honestly no one would hack stuff with such bad IVs and natures. :p

You'd be surprised ;___;

Fortunately most of those kinds of noob hacks have some other warning sign such as wrong level, location, ball, etc.

If you're absolutely sure that those are the correct IVs and there's no EVs tampering with them, then by all indications they look legit if there's nothing fishy with the encounter data. The IV and nature combos are all legit, and honestly no one would hack stuff with such bad IVs and natures. :p So yeah, they look fine.

I'll keep that in mind I didn't know how to check if they where hacked or not and so now I know and yeah those are the correct IVs no EV training except for the Ho-oh (I battled with it once before I knew what EVs where) and thanks for the help :3.

Are these guy's hacked?

Pokemon Species: Shiny Ho-Oh
Nickname: none
Ribbons: None wan I got it
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: I transferred it from Ruby so I can't tell.
Level encountered: Same as above.
OT: ASH
Moves: Future Sight, Ancient Power, Sacred Fire, Swift
Stats: HP: 353 Attack: 296 Defense: 237 Sp. Atk: 230 Sp. Def: 344 Speed: 216

Pokemon Species: Shiny Lugia
Moves: Future Sight, Ancient Power, Aeroblast, Swift
Stats: HP: 353 Attack: 216 Defense: 296 Sp. Atk: 194 Sp. Def: 378 Speed: 256

got these 2 manaphy form gts yesterday

Species: Manaphy
Ribbons: None
Adamant Nature Nature
Mar 19, 2010
Pokemon Ranger
Egg Arrive
Mar 20, 2010
Eterna City
Egg Apparently hatched
Fateful Encouter

Species: Manaphy
Ribbons: None
Lax Nature
Sep 23,2009
Pokemon Ranger
Egg Arrive
Sep 23, 2009
Twin Leaf Town
Egg Apparently hatched
Fateful Encouter

Last edited:

What region did they come from? When you get Manaphy from My Pokemon Ranch it says Fateful Encounter btw.

Are these guy's hacked?

Pokemon Species: Shiny Ho-Oh
Moves: Future Sight, Ancient Power, Sacred Fire, Swift
Stats: HP: 353 Attack: 296 Defense: 237 Sp. Atk: 230 Sp. Def: 344 Speed: 216

Pokemon Species: Shiny Lugia
Moves: Future Sight, Ancient Power, Aeroblast, Swift
Stats: HP: 353 Attack: 216 Defense: 296 Sp. Atk: 194 Sp. Def: 378 Speed: 256

Is the Ruby game used? If so, there's a fifty percent chance those are from either hacked or Colleseum and XD Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Is the Ruby game used? If so, there's a fifty percent chance those are from either hacked or Colleseum and XD Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Ya, I bought it off eBay and it had like a level 100 shiny of every pokemon there was back then.

I got this Dragonite from the GTS and it looks suspicious...

Pokemon:Dragonite

Ball: Ultra ball
Area encountered:Route 226
Level encountered: 55
OT: Malik
Moves: Safeguard,Dragon Dance,Outrage,Hyper Beam
Stats: Attack:175 Defense:127 Sp.Attack:132 Sp. Def:145 Speed:97
Nature: Sassy,Often Dozes off

I got this Dragonite from the GTS and it looks suspicious...

Pokemon:Dragonite

Ball: Ultra ball
Area encountered:Route 226
Level encountered: 55
OT: Malik
Moves: Safeguard,Dragon Dance,Outrage,Hyper Beam
Stats: Attack:175 Defense:127 Sp.Attack:132 Sp. Def:145 Speed:97
Nature: Sassy,Often Dozes off

I'm sorry to say it's hacked. dratini and dragonair are found in D/P/Pt but only in mt. cornet

I'm sorry to say it's hacked. dratini and dragonair are found in D/P/Pt but only in mt. cornet

Yep. Based on the route, it's likely someone used a "catch a trainer's Pokemon" AR code to nab Dragon Tamer Stanley's lv. 55 Dratini.

Who needs natures? A cart bought off eBay that had level 100 shinies of practically every pokemon? Obviously it was hacked halfway to hell and back. :lol:

I figured it was such, disipointing really, but it's not like I shouldve expected anything better wan buying the cart.

My son's friend gave him a Bulbasaur egg for him to hatch, but I guess his friend uses an Action Replay to get pokemon, sometimes. Is there some way for him to tell if there's something "off" about his pokemon after it's hatched (or does it even matter)? I know there's something different about hacked pokemon, but is there something you can tell about their eggs?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom