• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latter half of what's written below is in response to posts above.

Great finale and season as a whole. Everyone hit on pretty much all of the major points, but there is one thing that I don't understand. How did Aang have tattoos at 12? Jinora is 11 right now, so I will understand people trying to make points about that, but think about this. Aang wasn't the only one in his flashbacks with tattoos. All of his friends had them too, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. So, you may say that he was the avatar, which makes him prodigious, so he could have actually been an airbending master at 12. But do you really believe that his friends could have been masters at that same age? Think about how much Jinora had to accomplish to get tattoos. Even after she helped take down Vaatu, Tenzin was reluctant to let her have her tattoos.

The airbending avatar before Aang had pretty long hair; Jinora's will grow back.

Korra's bending to begin with was pretty amazing. She was handling Ming-hua, Ghazan, and Zaheer all at once at one point. I didn't realize until her bending practically stopped working, but her skill deteriorated as her battle with Zaheer went on (which is probably why he made her chase him: to buy time). She was MUCH better before the poison started to take its toll. So yes, she was bad towards the end, and yes, she did need Jinora's help again. But at the end of Earth, Aang needed his friends as well. And if this season was meant to be a parallel to any AtLA season, it was Earth. Korra has yet to fully realize her potential. But that is part of the journey. I think that being immobilized will be humbling.

I honestly just think this season was great. Best out of all 3 seasons without question.

yivae7vrahyvsjzzdwdt.png

This also choked me up. Really curious where they're gonna go now.

How did Aang have tattoos at 12? Jinora is 11 right now, so I will understand people trying to make points about that, but think about this. Aang wasn't the only one in his flashbacks with tattoos. All of his friends had them too, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. So, you may say that he was the avatar, which makes him prodigious, so he could have actually been an airbending master at 12. But do you really believe that his friends could have been masters at that same age? Think about how much Jinora had to accomplish to get tattoos. Even after she helped take down Vaatu, Tenzin was reluctant to let her have her tattoos.

Nope, Aang's friends didn't have tattoos. Aang got his tattoos so young partly because of his invention of the air scooter.
m1TUuSO.png

So rumors for Book 4 are already popping up.
It is rumored to be called "Balance" and it's possible that we may be getting the first episode as early as January. Seems relatively short compared to the 2~3 wait.

What I'm hoping for in Book 4:
- Fire Nation
I'd like to see how it is now without a tyrant ruling over it.
- Toph
- Maybe some other old faces
- Asami gets a power-up
Suko got his sword in Book 3, so now it's time for Asami's turn. She's already really strong for a non-bender, but her glove can only do so much, especially if she is going to get some major action in the finale.
- Mako and Bolin possibly meeting their Mother's family.
- FLASHBACKS
Specifically, I would like to see some more of Aang in his later years, younger Korra, and maybe some flashbacks of the other Team Avatar members. But I have to be honest, I really hope they show how Aang died, because as much as I love Aang, I can only imagine it was wildly epic. $10 says he died in his sleep

And that's all I can think of for now. I'll have to come back to post my thoughts on the finale some other time.

Been watching Book 1 of ATLA for the past week or so since I missed so much of it since the show started when I was 10 or 11. Is it just me or are there no real Benders besides Aang and Katara? I'm on Chapter 12 now and the only other benders have been relevant to the plot. It just seems that Book 1 has so many episodes that might as well just be skipped over. I know it gets much better in Books 2 and 3 so I'm just trying to get there as soon as possible.

Honestly, Aang, Katara, and Zuko aren't that good either towards the beginning of Book 1. I forget which chapter they get to the Northern Water tribe in, but that's when you'll get to see some good benders. They go to very discreet locations that aren't particularly populated for most of Book 1, so it makes sense that they don't encounter too many great benders. The only benders they encounter really are Fire nation ones, who would probably discourage all other benders or send them away to slave somewhere. And it's kind of a good thing that they don't come across too many great benders, because, as I said, they're not that good either. But Book 1 is about them growing and honing their skills. And all of the episodes are necessary for some reason or another, even if they don't seem that way, especially when you think in terms of character development, but also for plot too. A lot of the things that seem trivial now come back in the later books to play a more important role.

tumblr_nb9oitWtA51rvud6oo3_r1_400.gif

A foreign Nickelodeon messed up a trailer for Book 3 and put some Book 4 clips in there. Kuvira's looking pretty evil there, seems like she'll be a villain. Whether she's the main villain or a side villain remains to be seen.
But yeah, this makes me dislike the way they introduced her even more. It just felt so out of place. I think it would have been better if they had introduced her during Aiwei's interrogations.

tumblr_nb9oitWtA51rvud6oo3_r1_400.gif

A foreign Nickelodeon messed up a trailer for Book 3 and put some Book 4 clips in there. Kuvira's looking pretty evil there, seems like she'll be a villain. Whether she's the main villain or a side villain remains to be seen.
For those who don't want to open the spoilers (because there is a spoilery picture), "A foreign Nickelodeon messed up a trailer for Book 3 and put some Book 4 clips in there." For those who want to see the trailer described in the spoiler, it can be seen here.

Last edited:
Yeah it starts next month.

I mean, I'm really excited for it, but I'm sad that it's going to be the end.

Wow. I mean, just wow. Never would I have expected Book 4 premiering so soon. A part of me wants to wait a few months longer (because that's what I've come to expect), but the other part of me wants as much Avatar as soon as possible. Nevertheless, I'm sure it's going to be great. Only 23 days remain. Jeez what a short break XD, I'm busting. This is awesome.

A friend of mine once said:

"I compare Zuko’s arc to Korra’s a lot. I think it was Bryan who said that you have to get worse before you get better. Korra at her worse was snapping at people and pushing them away. She wasn’t trying to murder anyone to get approval. If they can forgive Zuko and understand his actions then I truly do not understand how anyone can write early Book 2 Korra off as a bitch. I will never understand how peoples need for Korra to be nicer (ala Book 3) outweighed any of the struggles she was dealing with. It’s like no matter what happens to a woman she has to remain likable and she has to deal with it like a ~lady~. It’s dehumanizing to be perfectly honest."

Source: You know i don't really get why so many people say korra regressed at the start of book 2. I've read all the commentaries and stuff saying she regressed and her character development was wiped clean, but tbh i felt that the korra at the end of book 1

[video=youtube;NCEFMY4TWGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw[/video]

Trailer for Book Four!

-Three years later
-Wingsuits
-Lots of new haircuits (Meelo has hair!)
-Kuvira seems to be the baddie (has a very bland-looking character tho)
-Seems very Earth Kingdom-centric
-Return of mech-suit type things
-Toph?!

Last edited:
Oh man, I am so pumped for this new season! Since it shows Korra in the swamp with visions of her old self, I'm really thinking she's going to have to deal with a lot of personal issues. (Also shout out to Zuko's daughter who is really rocking the glasses)

I'm hyped for S4, that trailer got me so pumped.

One of the best/eeriest bits is where Korra's in the Avatar state and when someone walks past, she just disappears. Looks like a trippy dream sequence. Seems like Korra's got a lot of personal struggles this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom