• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most unoriginal nicknames ever.

PokeFriend

Pokemon are my friends!
Reaction score
The only one I can think of right now is "Shadow". I mean, every thing that is dark is named Shadow. It's kind of annoying.

Any shortening of a pokemons name (Cyn the Cyndaquil, etc)

Also the names "Blaze", "Pyro" and "Inferno" for anything of the fire type.

I've seen quite a few Slowking around here called "Slowqueen". So, yeah, on the basis that's there's too many Slowking with the same name, it's unoriginal.

I've seen quite a few Slowking around here called "Slowqueen". So, yeah, on the basis that's there's too many Slowking with the same name, it's unoriginal.

I guess I won't do this then, I was thinking about naming my female Kingdra Queendra ^^;

Maggy the Magikarp from my old Blue version since it was a cutesy shortening of Magikarp and it was a terrible name for a Gyarados. :/

I'll also say Chicky the Torchic because naming a pokemon after the animal they are based on and tacking a "y" onto the end is pretty bad.

I like to think I've gotten smarter about naming my pokemon since the 4th generation >_>;

I'll also say Chicky the Torchic because naming a pokemon after the animal they are based on and tacking a "y" onto the end is pretty bad.

Ha I agree. People do that with their animals in real life too. Usually I don't give my Pokemon nicknames. If I do it's always just a human name.
My friend called her Totodile 'JetBaby'. Which I've grown to like XD

Ha I agree. People do that with their animals in real life too. Usually I don't give my Pokemon nicknames. If I do it's always just a human name.
My friend called her Totodile 'JetBaby'. Which I've grown to like XD
I know poor animals -_-; I try to think of clever names now, like Septicemia my Crobat but I'll also resort to random human names if I can't think of anything good. JetBaby does sound sort of cute. ^_^

I named a Totodile "ToReNt" once...it seemed creative at the time but I regret it now.

Eclipse the Umbreon maybe? I think I've seen this around several times.

I don't think I've ever seen an Umbreon named anything besides "Eclipse" or "Shadow."

It's sad.

I name my team after members of the Purple Cobra. Thus, my fire pokemon is always named Blazer.

Magikarp Named Magicrap.

I do that all the time. I will not deny its not unoriginal.

You know, I think it'd actually be a pretty cool practice for some Pokemon. Not all [Mew the Mewtwo XD or Blaze the Blaziken >_>], but maybe others [Tye/Tai the Typhlosion, Venom the Venomoth, although other poisons would probably fit the name Venom better].

You can more or less grab a list of Sonic the Hedgehog characters and get a crapload. 'Shadow' the Umbreon. 'Blaze' the Charizard. 'Silver' the Lugia. 'Sonic' the Pidgeot. 'Mighty' the Machamp. 'Fang' the Raticate. And so on.

Would using random japanese names/words in general count? You're always pretty much guaranteed to stumble across at least one team filled with some really generic ones. Tsubasa is a pretty popular one, and it doesn't get any less unique when you see it used on a *insert bird pokemon here* for the billionth time.

I always give my slaves the nickname Slave. or suhlave. or Slaver. Or Munf, Gool, or suck.

Any Umbreon named Eclipse or Shadow. And any Psychic Type named Psycho.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom