• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most unoriginal nicknames ever.

I called my Infernape 'FlameFist'. Although I think I made an improvement when I named my Cyndaquil 'Apocalypse'.

I named my blaziken Flint. However, I did come up with the best name for a toxicroak: Toe-Jam. Nuff' said.

Calling all my pokemon by thier dex numbers. Feraligatr called Nintendo was also a pretty big derp XD.

Well, I called my two Giratinas "Giratina" (SO ORIGINAL) and "Tina". I called my Palkia "Palky" (named kind of after my Palkia plush...which I keep losing) and I called my Torterra 'Leafy'.

I give my Eevee evolutions weird names. Like I have a shiny espeon called "violence".

But the best of them all has to be my shiny Rayquaza- kfr von.

Name acquired by bashing random letters on the keyboard.... It's how I get half of my names.

I think I have a Rayquaza named "Rikeyman" and an Ampharos named "The Wool?". Also, my friend has a level 100 Shiny Blaziken named "Jenny" (I don't even know anybody with that name).

I have about 5 fire types each named Blaze and Flare. Also when i first got Diamond I named Piplup "Pip."
More unoriginal names for my pokemon:

BruceLee the Hitmonlee
Shadow the Umbreon
Sparky, Sparx, Litening, or Bolt for any electric type
Inferno the Infernape
Empress or Emperor the Empoleon
Terra the Torterra

Sometimes I even name my pokemon for the moves I use a lot like BubbleBeam for Squirtle or Piplup or Flamethrower for Blaziken or Typlosion.

And since I wasted my Master Ball on Dialga in Diamond it took me forever to catch Mesprit. When I finally did I named it "Hard2Catch" and I named my Ralts "Bitch" in Emerald because it took me forever to find one and I was mad xP

My little sister has a Slakoth named
Wait for it.
Sloth.
In the unoriginal names game, she wins.

Spark or sparky for any electrick type
Spooky for any ghost type
Blaze for any fire type
Bella for Bellossom
Croco for Croconaw

I'm guilty of using a few of those :p

Ive named queit a few Magikarps on SS MAGIKARP 1, MAGIKARP 2, MAGIKARP 3... and so on. Because I have a lot of Magikarps. At lest a boxfull. They're all event Magi's with Bounce. Not very original but how can I be with 30+ to name?

I started breeding Bulbasaurs to trade off on GTS Negotiations and kept getting rubbish named Pokemon in other trades elsewhere, so I just started calling them, "1" and "2" etc. I sure hope everyone I traded them to bred them again if they wanted to raise them. XP

All of my Unown are named by the letter they look like. The one that liiks like an A is named "A-nown" , the B one is "B-nown" etc. And I called an Abomasnow, "Obamasnow"

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom