• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most unoriginal nicknames ever.

I decided to make an Eeveelution team, EV trained and properly nicknamed. My friend gave me a Wish Eevee, as log as he could name the Umbreon, since it was his favorite. I agreed, and now own Shadow the Umbreon. =L

i named my blaziken firefighter.

it sounds pretty gay i know but hes cool

Nice pun

My cousin named his Ninetales Flamer, Feebas Bubbles, and Happiny Happy. And don't even get me started on people who are going to name their Snivy Smugleaf. -_-

Naming Ditto copycat (because of the girl). Also, naming Gary "Rival", "Dumbass" etc.

I once named my Flareon "Ash", my Ditto "Copycat", my Meowth "Kitty", and my Clefairy "Moonlight". :/

My Diamond team's corniest names:

IceCream (Empoleon)
Pink (West Sea Shellos)
Moon (Starly)
Nancy (Happiny)
Amy Rose (Buizel. I know, I named my female Buizel after a Sonic character. If she was a male when I caught her, I would've named her Tails :3)
Charap (Chatot. Recieved him via trade in Jublife City. He already had a name when I traded him, but Charap is actually a pretty creative name)
Zen (Meditite)
Sparky (Shinx)

Only one of them has a creative name (The Chatot) but the other ones are a bit corny, I have to say. But, of course, I'm never changing them :)

I recently decided to nickname my MewKrai team. D: Perhaps I already mentioned them elsewhere, but eh, I'll say 'em again anyway.

I called Mewtwo "Esper". And Darkrai "Aku".
3 guesses to what those two names mean.

Any of the names that the computer players have in Pokemon Stadium, such as "KEYMAN", they just switched Mankey's name.

I could list the names of Pokemon I have named in Heartgold. You can decide how original or unoriginal they are. I'll start with important team members that I always have on the team then go onto former members then ones that just have names but were never really a main part.
Vulpix(female): Chizuru
Exeggutor(male): Tulip
Salamence(male): Scorch (Although he doesn't have any fire moves)
Magnezone: Mikan
Absol(female): Nozomu

On to former members
Torterra(male): Rahzar
Heracross(Male): Stun
Diglet(male): Bakuryu
Mankey(Male): Monkian

As you can see most of them share the name of something else that they have something in common with. Most obvious like Chizuru sharing the name with the fox spirit Chizuru from Kanopkon or Stun being named after Stun from Bloody Roar.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom