• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
[video=youtube;nYzNyqK1N48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzNyqK1N48&list=UUGaf2eOqzGtlSeupxNROxug[/video]

Mega Evolution preview screen indicates that Mega Lati@s will be revealed officially soon.

Can anybody make out that Pokemon under Treecko and Mudkip? It's too small to recognize the silhouette.

Last edited:
Mega Evolution preview screen indicates that Mega Drifblim and a few other Pokemon will happen.
Drifblim? I'm pretty sure that you're mistaking Bagon for Drifloon.

Can anybody make out that Pokemon under Treecko and Mudkip? It's too small to recognize the silhouette.
It's probably Torchic given the placement, but it's too small. I am more interested in the one between Slowpoke and Bagon, which I suspect is Oddish.

Looks like Audino not Oddish.

It's probably Torchic given the placement, but it's too small. I am more interested in the one between Slowpoke and Bagon, which I suspect is Oddish.
I'm almost sure I got a glance from Audino silhouette there.

Yeah, included is Sableye, Slowpoke, Latios or Latias, Ralts, Rayquaza, Mudkip, Torchic, Treecko, Groudon, Kyogre, Bagon and Audino.

VWOYJXG.jpg

Going clockwise (numbers indicated above), they appear to me to be ...
  1. Ralts
  2. Rayquaza
  3. Kangaskhan
  4. Beldum
  5. Drifloon
  6. can't make it out
  7. Slowpoke
  8. Sableye
  9. Latias or else Latios
  10. Mudkip
  11. Treecko
  12. Kyogre
  13. can't make it out; the logic of its placement suggests Torchic, but given its tiny size and barely apparent body shape it, it might be Castform
For the record, my money on No.13 would be Torchic. It would be pretty weird of them to provide two-thirds of the trio but not the final third, and given that triangular group placement in the center of the screen, it just makes too much sense. But who knows! The frame is tiny and lo-res enough that it's not possible for me to claim with utmost confidence that it is Torchic.
You might have paused on a bad frame. Try pausing again, or use my screencap for reference. It appears to almost certainly be a Drifloon. You can make out the tuft of cloud on the top of its head as well as the telltale balloon strings with the heart-shaped caps on the ends. If it is a Bagon (with his rocky head and the "strings" being border lines of his legs), it's an uncanny coincidence.

VWOYJXG.jpg

Going clockwise (numbers indicated above), they appear to me to be ...
  1. Ralts
  2. Rayquaza
  3. Kangaskhan
  4. Beldum
  5. Drifloon
  6. can't make it out
  7. Slowpoke
  8. Sableye
  9. Latias or else Latios
  10. Mudkip
  11. Treecko
  12. Kyogre
  13. can't make it out; the logic of its placement suggests Torchic, but given its tiny size and barely apparent body shape it, it might be Castform
For the record, my money on No.13 would be Torchic. It would be pretty weird of them to provide two-thirds of the trio but not the final third, and given that triangular group placement in the center of the screen, it just makes too much sense. But who knows! The frame is tiny and lo-res enough that it's not possible for me to claim with utmost confidence that it is Torchic.
You might have paused on a bad frame. Try pausing again, or use my screencap for reference. It appears to almost certainly be a Drifloon. You can make out the tuft of cloud on the top of its head as well as the telltale balloon strings with the heart-shaped caps on the ends. If it is a Bagon (with his rocky head and the "strings" being border lines of his legs), it's an uncanny coincidence.

13 is Torchic, 3 is Groudon, 5 is Bagon and 6 is Audino. If you watch them in motion, you can tell it's them.

13 is Torchic, 3 is Groudon, 5 is Bagon and 6 is Audino. If you watch them in motion, you can tell it's them.
Every one of those makes sense given what we know about TPC's relationship with ShoPro. Such a list would cover most of the mega and primal forms unveiled in 2014, completes the legendary trio, and doesn't introduce anything that isn't already common knowledge. Still, I must say that the Bagon looks remarkably like a Drifloon, motion or not.

Bagon's nose is pretty perceptible in motion (the head isn't perfectly round, unlike Drifloon's), but I wouldn't go around saying that 6 is definitively anything.

6 is definitely Audino. You can see its legs and its ears.

bSpJrlV.png
T5Lq6Bv.png
250px-531Audino.png

7 is not Slowpoke. That silhouette looks nothing like Spowpoke at all.

Just a question. According to Black Butterfree, Pokemon XY explain what Mega Evolution and Mega Stones are, so how come isn't that information detailed in the articles? Also there's no article on the ultimate weapon.

Just a question. According to Black Butterfree, Pokemon XY explain what Mega Evolution and Mega Stones are, so how come isn't that information detailed in the articles? Also there's no article on the ultimate weapon.

Probably cause Hoenn seems to get its own explanation for Mega Evolution

My guess is (and that's just my thoughts) that the battle between Groudon/Kyogre or otherwise Rayquaza's involvement caused the creation of Mega Stones, as Mega Stones were created in Kallos after the blast from the Ultimate Weapon (I haven't played XY however, so tell me if I'm wrong) and that energy created them. And as Groudon/Kyogre have been linked to energy as well already (well their Primal Forms)

So yeah, anyway, seems like Hoenn gets its own origin story for Mega's

My guess is (and that's just my thoughts) that the battle between Groudon/Kyogre or otherwise Rayquaza's involvement caused the creation of Mega Stones, as Mega Stones were created in Kallos after the blast from the Ultimate Weapon (I haven't played XY however, so tell me if I'm wrong) and that energy created them. And as Groudon/Kyogre have been linked to energy as well already (well their Primal Forms)

Sycamore said that its Xerneas and Yveltal that created the mega stone by irradiated stones with their energies, so it's not the Ultimate Weapon. With these theories of Sycamore, I'm saying too that it would be Primal-Kyogre and Primal-Groudon which propagated their primal form energies all over Hoenn.

Sycamore said that its Xerneas and Yveltal that created the mega stone by irradiated stones with their energies, so it's not the Ultimate Weapon. With these theories of Sycamore, I'm saying too that it would be Primal-Kyogre and Primal-Groudon which propagated their primal form energies all over Hoenn.

More specifically, he says:

My theory is that they're special stones irradiated by the light--the energy of the Legendary Pokemon Yveltal/Xerneas--fired from the ultimate weapon 3,000 years ago

So yeah, it's the energy of Yveltal and Xerneas that gave you the ability to find the stones. Nothing about Mega Evolution, or how the stones are created, or they're connection. Just that the stones can be found because of the energy of Xerneas and Yveltal. That leaves me to presume that it's actually Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza that makes Mega Evolution possible and/or created the stones somehow.

So yeah, it's the energy of Yveltal and Xerneas that gave you the ability to find the stones. Nothing about Mega Evolution, or how the stones are created, or they're connection.
I'm confused as to how you reached that conclusion. Let's look at the full quote:

Professor Sycamore said:
Let's talk about Mega Stones briefly.
My theory is that they're special stones irradiated by the light--the energy of the Legendary Pokémon Yveltal/Xerneas--fired from the ultimate weapon 3,000 years ago. And that's what I think they are. It's even possible that stones like Fire Stones were what turned into these Mega Stones.
He clearly says that he thinks Xerneas/Yveltal's energy (which was fired from the ultimate weapon) turned some special stones (possibly regular evolutionary stones) into Mega Stones. That's an origin theory if I ever saw one.

It's possible that the Weather trio or just Rayquaza are alleged to have created the Mega Stones in Hoenn. But Kalos has its own lore.

Back
Top Bottom