• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

Ahh, I disappear for a while, and new games are announced! :O

If these truly are sequels, and these take place in the future with new characters, what if your rival is Bianca and Cheren's child? A girl that takes after Cheren in one game, and a boy that takes after Bianca in the other.

Or, what if one game takes place in the future, and one takes place in the past? On either side of the original BW games?

Just ignore me, ha ha! I'm speculating really random things...

Am I the only one who hopes that it isn't too far in the future, if it is?
I don't want it to be more than five years in, preferably.
Also, am I the only one who would like to play as Hilbert/Hilda again, but with a newer, perhaps slightly older-looking, fresh new design?
Edit: Also, can someone tell me WHERE IN THE WORLD was it confirmed that Gen. V is over a decade after Gen. I/III?
I'd like some proof please.
But then again, I don't care if there is canon proof, and regardless, I am going by my theory that Black/White (1) takes place at the same time as XD: Gale of Darkness and is five years after Generations I and III, and two/three years after Gen. II and Gen. IV.
NOTHING CAN CHANGE THE POWER OF HEADCANON! D:

Also, am I the only one who would like to play as Hilbert/Hilda again, but with a newer, perhaps slightly older-looking, fresh new design?

No, you are not the only one. I will be quite disappointed if they go with new protagonists.

And I also imagine Hilbert/Hilda with a different, slightly more mature design.

I absolutely agree that we should keep Hilbert/Hilda, they are the ones that formed a bond with N afterall. Honestly, I'm not expecting the sequels to take place that far into the future at all.

3-6 month timeskip is very likely to happen, with one year passing at the most.

Edit: Also, can someone tell me WHERE IN THE WORLD was it confirmed that Gen. V is over a decade after Gen. I/III?
I agree on the first point. I don't want BW2 to take place that far after BW. I would rather it only be maybe 2 or 3 years, with 5 as a max.

For the sake of simplicity, I would rather start off as a new character. Though, I would like to see Hilbert/Hilda make a return as the Red of BW2.

I was also wondering the same thing, I have never heard anything about BW taking place a decade after GenI/III.

Due to BW 2, my theory on having two new Pokemon reps per each Smash Bros. title still holds, which means we may have one rep to represent BW 1 and the second rep to represent BW 2. This of course will give us a reason to include 2 Gen V Pokemon as playable SSB characters.

Screw head canon. It's the reason why it brings so much rage within the fanbase if one thing shatters fanon.

If we don't get new player characters, I at least hope they change their clothes. I liked the new outfits in Platinum more than the ones in D/P, so I'm hoping the same will happen here. Although, I didn't mind Hilbert's outfit all that much. Pretty dapper.

One answer to all your questions; CoroCoro.

Your right yes, I still think BW2 are just the third version split into two, Grey and Gray if you prefer, but we will see in a couple of weeks I guess.

Just as Pokemon 2 were renamed Gold and Silver, I would LOL so much if Pokemon BW2 were then renamed Grey and Gray!
One would have the text written in American English, the other in British English.
For the people debating if this is a sequel or a third version:

Notice that the cover Pokémon for Pokémon Black Version 2 is Black Kyurem, a mix of Kyurem and Zekrom and that the cover Pokémon of Pokémon Black Version was Reshiram (Same with White Version 2 featuring White Kyurem, while White's mascot was Zekrom).

Now, if this was "Third Version" or "Remix" type deal, why would the version mascots suddenly be swapped? Remember that in Pokémon Black Version, Zekrom sided with N (whereas Reshiram did in White). N was last seen flying off to a faraway land with the legendary that chose him - so that strikes me as perhaps something had happened to him. Just from the announcement, we have that little thought teasing us.
Yes!
I'd like some proof please.
But then again, I don't care if there is canon proof, and regardless, I am going by my theory that Black/White (1) takes place at the same time as XD: Gale of Darkness and is five years after Generations I and III, and two/three years after Gen. II and Gen. IV.
It was never confirmed exactly how far into the future Gen V is. There's gen 1 (& 3), 3 years later is gen 2 and 4, and then some undisclosed amount of time after that is gen 5 (Caitlin). I've never considered Col/XD to be intermingled with the main series games though, just because they're...well, not main series games. But you don't need to worry--gen 5's exact place on the timeline isn't confirmed yet, but it is known to be a good number of years after gen 2 and 4.

@Ghetsis-Dennis True. But I don't claim my headcanon to be fanon/canon/I'm getting confused now.
I just have personal headcanons that I keep within myself and a few fanfics. Otherwise, I go completely by the seperate canons.
Am I even making sense anymore?

@RedSapphire OK, that's good.
I like to mix the timeline of the main series with the games like the Ranger and Colo/XD ones, I just do that.

I'm sure that at the very least we'll get new designs for Hilbert/Hilda. I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll get new characters, but I think it depends on how far in the future these games are set. If it's only a couple of years, we could easily stick with Hilbert/Hilda, but if it's way far ahead, we'll probably need new ones. I'm hoping it's not too far, but I think I'd be happy either way, sticking with the old or getting new characters. I think I'm also hoping that we don't go to Hoenn in favor of a more expanded Unova.

There's really no way to predict how far in the future the games will be. Personally I don't see it being anymore than 3 years and if it was that long, we could still play as Hilbert/Hilda, but with an updated and older look. There are definitely some benefits to keeping the same protagonists.

@Shadow Victini, please see my post a couple of pages back. It's certainly not confirmed that they take place over a decade later, but we can certainly make such a conjecture based off information such as that which I have provided.

^ Wasn't it hinted by Junichi Masuda that Darach has been keeping an eye on her? Also, there's "Team Empoleon" from Black and White to consider. Methinks he's already in Unova.

Okay, consider the following:

A lot of people think that this game will include the same characters, and a lot of people think that it will be set in Unova.

--However--

If it's the same characters in the same region, then why would they need to collect the badges again? They've already collected all of the Unova badges. If they're saying that you didn't collect the badges in BW1, then what we have is a third version.

--So--

I see four possible options:
1)It's set in Unova with different player characters
2)It's set in a different region with the same player characters
3)It's set in a different region with different player characters
4)The story is completely different and your goal is not to collect badges (thanks to @Neosquid for thinking of this. I think it's the most unlikely, but definitely worth mentioning as a possibility.)

If it is not any of these options, then what we have is a glorified third version which would be super lame after all this bullshit they put us through.

What do you guys think?

Okay, consider the following:

A lot of people think that this game will include the same characters, and a lot of people think that it will be set in Unova.

--However--

If it's the same characters in the same region, then why would they need to collect the badges again? They've already collected all of the Unova badges. If they're saying that you didn't collect the badges in BW1, then what we have is a third version.

--So--

I see four possible options:
1)It's set in Unova with different player characters
2)It's set in a different region with the same player characters
3)It's set in a different region with different player characters
4)The story is completely different and your goal is not to collect badges (thanks to @Neosquid for thinking of this. I think it's the most unlikely, but definitely worth mentioning as a possibility.)

If it is not any of these options, then what we have is a glorified third version which would be super lame after all this bullshit they put us through.

What do you guys think?
Well, it really depends if this game focuses more on plot than the original BW. Which it probably will. I personally consider 4 to be a likely, desirable option.

Well, it really depends if this game focuses more on plot than the original BW. Which it probably will. I personally consider 4 to be a likely, desirable option.

The only reason I think it's unlikely is because it's just so much different than anything GF has given us before. But hey, this whole BW2 thing is breaking a seemingly unbreakable tradition, so who knows.

I think all of this is pretty unpredictable until some actual info about the games is revealed.

About 20 pages ago, I mentioned the most realistic option is one of two:

Either we reboot player characters...

...or we reboot the existence of earlier games. These very well could be BW 2.0, with everything that was left hanging redone for a complete rehash of the original. In effect, a third version, but with everything filled out.

The chance of GF making us ditch Unova while leaving all of the mysteries the post-game provided unsolved is highly unlikely, and I see this as the solving of multiple if not all of the loose ends presented by the original set.

Honestly, if we play a time lapse (no more than a year please, it makes sense to have Ghetsis, the megalomaniac that he is, try something speedily after his 36 year plan [Fairly Oddparents reference] failed so completely), we'll need new player characters. But it feels wrong. N learned to change his views, or at least go soul-searching, because of Hilbert/Hilda. Having some newb try to finish things up makes very little sense, or has very little sentimental value.

A remedy to this was proposed earlier in this thread: Ghetsis activates Plasma's tech to steal directly from the PC. A little prologue remedies the lack of Pokemon of our original protagonists, Juniper (Cedric, anyone?) restarts us. Rivals be damned. This is full on evil-fighting time! I vote N plays the part of the original Blue. Still willing to battle, but a Grey area (pun totally intended) as far as politics go. He's soul-searching for the love of God! Make him pick at the climax of the games, and play a part in helping you out (imagine Cheren and Brycen's role during Dragonspiral tower) while you go after Ghetsis' monster (Kyukrom or Kyusham). Like maybe he has to battle the person Ghetsis will possibly pick as his successor, or his original caretakers (if you say that wasn't what Concordia and Anathea were, I'll hit you).

But honestly, I really enjoyed the whole philosophy spin BW had, and how the plot was simply fabulous. The writers have these next games in the perfect position to real hammer some deep things home. Everything balances around N. Or it should.

Dudes got a point though, if you're playing as Hilbert/Hilda again it'd be redundant to have to get badges you already have. Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. You can make it so Ghetsis hacks the PC and takes your pokemon, but no way is he going to bother to steal some badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom