• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

We were having a very idle class today at school, so I took my 3DS and went to train my Pokémon in Friend Safari. And bam, the first thing that appears is shiny Azumarill. One of my favourite shiny Pokémons ever. I caught it and was pleasantly surprised - it had Huge Power and Adamant nature! His Attack IVs were not 31, sadly, but 31 in HP and Sp.Def is not bad either, considering he has high HP and defenses! I'm really happy!

I chain fished a shiny Relicanth at 3:47 PM CST. :3

He has the Bold Nature.

EDIT: At 8:56 PM CST last night, I snagged a shiny Chinchou. He was evolved immediately.

At 8:57 AM today, I caught a shiny Goldeen. :3

Last edited:
I just caught a shiny braixen in the friend safari. Not only does he have magician, he also has 31 IVs in special attack, defense, and special defense. The nature could be somewhat better (bashful) but I'm not complaining, he's the first shiny starter I have ever encountered.

Came across a second Shiny Cubchoo in a horde today. It had a Gentle Nature, and its Hidden Ability Rattled as a bonus. This happened an hour or so after getting a Modest Shiny Ralts from Wonder Trade this morning.

Last edited:
I was EV training my Shiny Togepi by grinding Whismur hordes and when a hoard appeared, I heard a sparkle. It was a shiny Axew. I caught it, but it messed up my EV Training. Still worth it though. It has a Rash Nature. IVs are terrible, but I'm still happy.

I am currently breeding for a shiny Eevee with perfect IVs and four Egg moves in a Dive Ball (preferably female). The best I have so far is this one:

Eevee/shiny
Modest nature
31/x/31/x/31/x
-Wish
-Curse
-Yawn
-Stored Power

I think this will take a looong time. -.-

Hatched a Shiny Shinx this past late night when I was trying to breed up for some better IV Shinxes for future breeding. Named him Luxour, and had 2 IVs (Defense and Sp. Def).

Sooo random question. Finally bred a shiny eevee but it didnt come up with its hidden ability. If I reset is there a chance it can hatch with the hidden ability, or is ability determined when you get the egg?

Sooo random question. Finally bred a shiny eevee but it didnt come up with its hidden ability. If I reset is there a chance it can hatch with the hidden ability, or is ability determined when you get the egg?
I believe everything is set when you get the egg.

I believe everything is set when you get the egg.
I thought so just didnt want to believe it. Thanks for the quick answer. Now I gotta decide if its worth popping out another 700 eggs.

A shiny Lickitung sprung out at me while I was training up a 6IV Tyrunt. Took a few balls but I caught it. Named him Lord Aston.

I finally hatched my shiny Eevee in a Dive Ball, Modest nature, moves are Wish,Stored Power, Curse and Yawn and it has 20/16/20/31/31/31 IVs. I'm happy now!

I got a Calm natured Shiny Bulbasaur from a Wonder Trade yesterday, it was nicknamed Bulbapedia.

For today, I found a Shiny Geodude in a horde encounter. Nicknamed it Citrine, and he had a Careful nature (not a bad nature for this Pokémon).

Ha! I just encountered a shiny green Teddiursa in Friend Safari. It looks kinda sickly.

Today I found a shiny Nidoran male for my friend traded him it for a shiny Rotom!( I already transferred my shiny Nidoking from White 2), Shiny for a shiny!!

I caught a shiny Luvdisc for Valentine's Day. It was intended. X3

Just caught me a Shiny Spinda. Normally I hate these drunk bears unless they are in a horde and I have a good AOE move like Petal Blizzard. This time I was power leveling a couple mons to get them to evolve and not paying much attention to the screen. I glance down and thought there was something wrong with my screen at first the bear was green not pink! Then I seen the stars and heard the twinkle!!! Sleep and an Ultra ball later it is mine!

Dom

Back
Top Bottom