• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 4.0: A Mafia situation

quick rundown of the game

Town : The "good" guys. Uninformed majority. You only know your role. Wins when all evils are dead. The main way they kill evils is by voting on who gets lynched at the end of the day phase. ONLY VOTE WHO YOU THINK IS BAD AND WANT DEAD.

Mafia : the "bad" guys. Informed minority. More like sneaky. Have a group chat, know all the team roles. Need to convince the thread they are town so that they lynch each other while they also kill them at night. Wins when independents are dead and have parity with town, no longer being minority they can just take everyone out. ONLY VOTE WHO YOU THINK YOU CAN CONVINCE OTHERS TO WANT DEAD, KILL THE ONES YOU THINK ARE THREATS INSTEAD

Indep : third party, on their own, usually need everyone else dead (with some exceptions). HOPE FOR THE BEST, IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN AS THIS. But very funny too.

Roles:

Common town roles (do not claim these unless Miller or many votes on you) :

Cop : selects a player each night and checks if they are town mafia or Indep.

Doctor : selects a player each night and protects them from mafia night kill.

Miller : looks mafia on cop check despite being town. CLAIM THIS IMMEDIATELY (if you get it, tell the thread you have it)

Tracker : checks a player, sees who they visit.

Watcher : checks a player, sees who visited them.

Common mafia roles (do not claim these ever, except maybe Roleblocker) :

Godfather : mafia role, looks town on cop check despite being mafia

Rolecop : checks a player each night, learns their role.

Roleblocker : stops a player's role from working. Usually mafia has it, but town can have it too.

Strongman : bypasses Doctor and Bulletproof to make kills work.

Ninja : can kill without Tracker and Watcher seeing them.

... These are the basic stuff you will need for most of the regular games. I can go into detail on the most crazy ones later, but please try to learn these first as they will be more useful for future games.
@Claire386 please read this whenever you can.

Last edited:
After a while, this project is finally up!

@DigitalGen6 @toastghost @Claire386 @Eri! you all asked at recent points questions about the game, some tips, and the terminology both in general and for roles (common or not), we War Room staff believe that post has anything you need!

All members (especially the more experienced) are please encouraged to provide feedback, if something needs to be added or changed.

The content can be a bit much to take in all at once, but with some CTRL+F and thanks to the bold text and the alphabetical order, it should be easier to find exactly what you need at any given point!

Gonna tag @pennyghost for the above, as toastghost changed their name recently.

I'd personally would also advise reading it regardless of ability, as a refresh is always nice and I think a good job was made!

@Princess Abigail Something something skill issue regarding the spam filter. :lapras:

Real talk though, yeah it's annoying, sorry about that - there's nothing we can do. Often times I forget about it even existing because I've been a moderator for so long & mods can bypass it - but I do remember how annoying it was when I took my brief break from being a mod. :p

@Princess Abigail Something something skill issue regarding the spam filter. :lapras:

Real talk though, yeah it's annoying, sorry about that - there's nothing we can do. Often times I forget about it even existing because I've been a moderator for so long & mods can bypass it - but I do remember how annoying it was when I took my brief break from being a mod. :p
How dare you!

Would be nice if Mafia Hosts could have it disabled for their games. I remember I used to be able to send out Role PMs immediately by having them all pre-typed. Then with the restrictions it takes like five to ten minutes.

If you are afraid of those few minutes of half-rand being a problem, you can ask the MoD to send them?

If you are afraid of those few minutes of half-rand being a problem, you can ask the MoD to send them?
Maybe just concerned that some players will confirm before all the roles are sent out which might hint towards alignment due to the way roles are sent. I guess I'll have to randomly send out roles rather than going down my list.
Also I think I remember there being a way to make the messages and then add the players later by editing them in or something?

Maybe just concerned that some players will confirm before all the roles are sent out which might hint towards alignment due to the way roles are sent. I guess I'll have to randomly send out roles rather than going down my list.
Also I think I remember there being a way to make the messages and then add the players later by editing them in or something?
Yeah better not just send all the scum together at the end.

Of course, but it does not work from phone, you need the PC version. There is an Add Conversation option at the bottom right, the list of ppl who are in...

Notes for future setups, for whoever is interested:

Either give non-town safeclaims, or do not give anybody their nameclaim until they flip.

Do not allow nameclaiming by ommision.

Do not allow reactions to be revoked after a few minutes to indirectly softclaim only to certain people, this is a form of OC by proxy.

@JamieIsBored @Quasar_Catfish @Potato-6

Info on the championship. I can also answer any questions from my own experience in playing back in 2016

Id vote for you zexy but i dont have that type of privilege
You actually technically do, all it takes to nominate someone is one completed War Room mafia game, which you just got.

That said, I am not THAT interested in going again, at least not yet, I need to start feeling more sure about my reads again before even daring to consider it. We have much better players to send, the real issue is who is willing to devote the insane activity required at the time.

@JamieIsBored @Quasar_Catfish @Potato-6

Info on the championship. I can also answer any questions from my own experience in playing back in 2016
Awesome! How come their Day 1 is so much more professional than ours? They probably wouldn’t like any of my plays lol.

Id vote for you zexy but i dont have that type of privilege
You actually technically do, all it takes to nominate someone is one completed War Room mafia game, which you just got.

That said, I am not THAT interested in going again, at least not yet, I need to start feeling more sure about my reads again before even daring to consider it. We have much better players to send, the real issue is who is willing to devote the insane activity required at the time.
Yeah usually as long as you've played at least one completed TWR game between the two nomination periods your allowed to vote, though last year it was just one ever IIRC

Back
Top Bottom