• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The War Room Awards '18 Mafia: Endgame

No.
Elie barely showed up at all last phase, and we shouldn’t count on him to show up this phase.
What are your thoughts on the Eresh situation?
Not really sure.

Eresh has been actively scumhunting in this game, while I appreciate it, it is different from their regular behaviour where they mostly show a trollish behaviour and try to instigate the mafia. They could be Mafia trying to look active by scumhunting or they got a good role this time or they are just taking this game more seriously for some reason.

As for them being caught by Eevee, they would have actually done something on N1 or Eevee could be lying. Needed some more clarification on this from Elieson.

Given what I know about Eresh’s role, it is rather underwhelming.

The possibilities I am willing to consider are:

A: AE is telling the truth and Eresh is lying. In this instance, Eresh would not only have been lying about their lack of action N1, but also about their role, since there was only one shot of any action available.
In this scenario, Eresh is most likely scum and the check on Jinjo is suspect.

2: Both AE and Eresh are telling the truth. In this instance, AE’s action results would have been tampered with. I view this as a distinct possibility in this game because I have suspected the presence of an Insanifier from the getgo.
In this instance, both AE and Eresh are town, and Eresh’s cop check on Jinjo is legit. In this scenario, Eresh is not lying about their role, and is thus a Vanilla at this point in time.

Now, you might ask, why do I not consider a scenario where AE is lying and Eresh is telling the truth?
Simple. It’s a matter of motivation. Lie Detector is a very tricky role to claim as scum, first of all, especially in an OC game and game with a lot of coded conversations. Second of all, why would !scumAM deliberately target Eresh, of all players, to lie about? Eresh’s role is not that powerful, and, I don’t think scum would risk a 1v1 play unless they knew for sure they were getting the full cop, and, even then, it would be risky because, as I said before 1v1 trades don’t usually benefit scum.

AE’s action results would have been tampered with.
Do we have any way to prove if this is possible or not?

Though it does seem very convenient if that is true. I mean, the mafia had no way to know that I have that power, and they had no way to know which post I would target for my test. The only thing they know is that elieson mentioned one existing

I find that very interesting, considering I used no powers on Night 1.

And my Night 2 results are that Jinjo is town.

Also, both Elieson and Robbie knew about my decoy play before I leaked that cop check. I staged that fight with Robbie to draw out any Mafia who would like to try to use an apparent rift in town to mislynch another townie.
You're not the cop, I know who it is and it's not you.
Vote: @Ereshkigal

Vote: Arthas Menethil

I'd consider there to be a potential chance that Arthas is lying about the lie detecting ability overall.
Why?
Do you have edivence of AE’s scumminess?

You're not the cop, I know who it is and it's not you.
Vote: @Ereshkigal
While I agree with the vote, let’s make sure you’re voting for the right reasons. Eresh never claimed Cop. Eresh claimed to have a 1x Cop Power, which is common for JOAT roles.

Do we have any way to prove if this is possible or not?
The best way I can think of is either to lynch Eresh here and now and see the role flip, or have a hypothetical Town Role Cop check her role on N3...of course, this assumes there is a hypothetical town Role Cop. As I’ve mentioned, I do not have all the claims in this game, so I couldn’t tell you if this exists.
Either way, if Eresh’s role comes out as a single shot Cop and a single BP, then the results were tampered with, as there is no way to possibly target people two nights in a row with that ability.

Though it does seem very convenient if that is true. I mean, the mafia had no way to know that I have that power, and they had no way to know which post I would target for my test. The only thing they know is that elieson mentioned one existing
You could have been Role Copped on N1, and, while Mafia had no way of knowing which statement you would use your ability on, they presume Town tells the truth and scum lies, so, for example, Insanifying your results would have Town Lie and scum tell the truth. Doesn’t matter which statement you choose to check, that is beneficial to them.
Just a theory on this one, I’m afraid. As I said above, can not verify that your results are wonky without knowing Eresh’s role.

Why?

While I agree with the vote, let’s make sure you’re voting for the right reasons. Eresh never claimed Cop. Eresh claimed to have a 1x Cop Power, which is common for JOAT roles.
So he's not a
Why?

Well I still stick by vote since I think @Arthas Menethil is telling the truth, and there are other reasons which elieson will know about.

@Elieson
g attbkotbe tn rnjblno brbsf put gt cagjbe tfgs gs wfy g eblgebe tn vntb bvbsfak sgmlb g pbjgbvb artfas

I don't think Arthas is lying so much as fooled by the mafia.

But, something is bugging me about this. If they have a role cop, why have we not seen a flip of a town cop or the vig? Why have we not even heard from a town cop yet?

I think all if this speaking in code seriously hindered us and gave the mafia a distinct advantage.

But, something is bugging me about this. If they have a role cop, why have we not seen a flip of a town cop or the vig? Why have we not even heard from a town cop yet?
Mafia’s only had two nights to use their roles, and only had one night’s worth of information to select their targets on N2. Maybe mafia hasn’t discovered the identity of the town cop yet, or the town Vig, assuming one exists.

I don’t think the speaking in code has hindered us, but an over reliance on Elieson has. As for why the town cop doesn’t just show up in thread and say: “hi, I’m the town cop,” that’s easy. It puts a massive bullseye on their head, and, without any scumchecks, it is definitely worth keeping their head down. Besides, this is an OC game. I would hope that our town cop is starting to form alliances in the background with those that they’ve checked.

Yes. 1x each for what I had. I've got nothing left in the tank.

You said you targeted no one on Night 1 and now you say you targeted me with an action that is 1x each which looked like you are hinting you are a joat and you've got nothing left in the tank which sounded like you have no actions left? This claim of yours makes no sense.

I did start to suspect you when you started talking about how you didn't think there is an SK in the game and you thought Elieson was a Vig kill and on Day 2 Elieson was asking for a Vig to kill jd or Officer if there was one in the game. I was the one who had to tell you if there is no SK in the game, then the Psychiatrist claim Elieson got would have been fake because this role only shows up when there is an SK or Cult Leader in the game.

I don't think Arthas is lying so much as fooled by the mafia.
To what end? I mean, the insanifier is an interesting thought, but it seems to convenient to me... and I don't think I was rolecopped (Elieson knows why, but I can explain why later if needed)

If your claim is correct, then mafia has very little reason to frame you (Would framing even work for a lie detector result?)

So I think my result is accurate... and you targeted someone Night 1, and are lying about not.

Which draws me to the conclusion that you are either scum or the serial killer.

You said you targeted no one on Night 1 and now you say you targeted me with an action that is 1x each which looked like you are hinting you are a joat and you've got nothing left in the tank which sounded like you have no actions left? This claim of yours makes no sense.
Look a little more carefully. Eresh is claiming 1x Cop and 1x Bulletproof. Bulletproof is passive and cannot target anybody, ergo the claim makes sense...at least in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom