• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Zygarde forms (now with video footage!)

I really hope these battle scenes aren't final though............ every one I've seen so far I've not been a fan of, apart from the first battle with your rival. Is it seriously too much to ask for the opposing trainer to be seen in battle too?

With the Zygarde forms confirmed (even though it was always obvious they would appear in the games), I guess that makes the possibility of a "Synchro" transformation even more likely now.

Wouldn't 287 HP push its base HP to nearly 150 without evs and ivs

My god.

Without IVs and EVs 287 HP at level 50 translates to a base 227 HP. With 31 IVs and 252 EVs it's 180 base HP. Of course it could be anywhere in between too, but it's a significant leap regardless.

Which makes me wonder Zygarde 100%'s base stat total. Zygarde is already 600 and it seems to be gaining about 70+ on HP alone. Will its other stats stay the same? Surely not? So what sort of BST could we be looking at here? :eek:

Woah... (Since I'm about to be busy, I just have these things in mind) Didn't expect 10% to transform into Complete form. I assumed it would've been 50% since it's bulkier than 10%, so if it has a new move that's Dragon type since it hit Garchomp super-effectively, what about Thousand arrows and waves? What is the 10%'s ability?

Without IVs and EVs 287 HP at level 50 translates to a base 227 HP. With 31 IVs and 252 EVs it's 180 base HP. Of course it could be anywhere in between too, but it's a significant leap regardless.

Which makes me wonder Zygarde 100%'s base stat total. Zygarde is already 600 and it seems to be gaining about 70+ on HP alone. Will its other stats stay the same? Surely not? So what sort of BST could we be looking at here? :eek:

I knew it had to be over 680 to be stronger than Xerneas and Yveltal, so my thought was 720. 720 is the sum of all angles in a hexagon, and hexagons are like, so prevalent on Zygarde. I didn't expect it to reach over where the Primals and M-ray, and mewtwos are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to bet Zygarde Complete's BST will be around 740-850. I think Solgaleo & Lunala will sit at an even 760-770 each, akin to Primal Groudon & Kyogre. I think if the inclusion of Zygarde's forms in these games whisks up a story (post game or not), then Marshadow could be implemented in a Giratina-esque way... with Zygarde being the 'saviour' ... then again there's the strange souvenir Pokémon that is also venerated as the 'protector' so maybe it all fits in?

I love the idea of each Planet having a Pokémon represent it somehow (like someone mentioned previously), me personally I'm still betting on Zygarde Complete being the Earth Pokémon & protector.

Last edited:
Woah... (Since I'm about to be busy, I just have these things in mind) Didn't expect 10% to transform into Complete form. I assumed it would've been 50% since it's bulkier than 10%, so if it has a new move that's Dragon type since it hit Garchomp super-effectively, what about Thousand arrows and waves? What is the 10%'s ability?

Thousand Arrows and Waves were used by 10% in one video and still appear to be Ground moves. Not sure what's going on with the moves since Zygarde now has four exclusive moves between three forms. Whether they will be restricted to each form we don't know yet.

As for 10%'s ability Bulbanews Twitter is saying "When Zygarde 10% Forme at low HP, its Ability "Clustering Transform" (tentative translation) changes it into Complete Forme and restores HP".

All we're waiting on now is Ash-Greninja.

Since the entire Z debacle I've viewed these forms with distaste, but dammit GF that footage was hype as fuck. Going straight into Complete Form and THEN using its Signature move with the Z animation? IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE.

So what sort of BST could we be looking at here? :eek:

hqdefault.jpg

JPN HQ FOOTAGE ALERT

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg&feature=youtu.be

Ok, so according to the Japanese footage, the ability is called Swarm Change, the move is indeed Core Punisher.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom