• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

They aren't doing it!!!

Spiny

Insane since 2012
Reaction score
I'm trying to breed a Lead skarmory with Whirlwind and Brave Bird. I caught a female, put it in Day care with My Male Staraptor (with all the required moves) and waited. It's been 2 days now and they haven't...well...you know....got jiggy yet.

I'm fully aware of the system used to denote the % of which an egg appears, but i'm wondering if it's possible to change it a speed up the properties. Is it possible not to ever get an egg? at all?

The guy outside says "They don't seem to like eachother much". Is there a way to change this?

No. The fastest way to get an egg is to breed two Pokémon of the same species with different OTs. Any other combo will be slower.

Last edited:
Your Pokemon are compatible, you'll just need to bike around more. There is no way you've been biking around for 2 days without getting an egg. Generally it may take more like 5 minutes (or the equivalent # of steps) to make an egg instead of maybe 1-2 or less if you have a more optimal combination.

What are OT's?
And are you saying that you don't just wait, you have to walk?

What are OT's?
And are you saying that you don't just wait, you have to walk?

alkfhal;ksdhfalsdfhaha ahahahahahahahahadsf;lkhdaslkfjhas;f ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah

adlfkhasdl;fkhahahahaa

Yes. It is done based on the amount of steps you take, not the amount of time that passes. OTs are original trainers, if you have a Scyther of yours and a Scyther of someone else's, those would be the most optimal match in terms of egg production.

Actually, I meant to say ID no. Here's how it's broken down:
Same species, different ID no. 70%
Same species, same ID no. 50%
Different species, different ID no. 50%
Different species, same ID no. 20%
Every 256 steps, the game will check the compatibility of the parents. The percentages above are the likelihood that an egg is produced. (paraphrased from Bulbapedia)

Next time, use the Simple Questions thread. If it's a question that has an answer, ask in there. If you're asking for an opinion, you're probably better off making a new thread if one doesn't already exist.

Thanks. I now have a leigon of skarmory's. anyone want one?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom