• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

Ahh, I see now. I wouldn't mind different combinations as long as they don't wait until the third last evolution to give them the second type. I rather have it for second form and last form, at least.
That's a good opinion. One that I agree with. My stance is: "Anything goes". So if they want to make the starter a dual-type throughout the entire evolutionary line (ala Bulbasaur Grass/Poison), then I'd be okay with it. As a matter of fact, some ideas for starters I can't envision be done in any other fashion. Or, say they want to give all 3 of them the same secondary typing. I'd be cool with that.

PanicAttack said:
Oh, and get rid of having HM moves locked into our movesets until we get to the Move Deleter, please. >_>
It's more of a failsafe than anything. They do not want you to be stuck on the ocean or in some dark cave without having a way for you to get out of there. I know, it's annoying to have that Flash or Cut stuck on the Pokemon, but imagine if you got rid of it while behind some trees or in a dark area? Or what if you accidentally erased Fly? Of course, this can be solved by reteaching your Pokemon the HM move (provided they still can be used multiple times). But alas, I feel like they need to reinvent the HM system altogether.

It's more of a failsafe than anything. They do not want you to be stuck on the ocean or in some dark cave without having a way for you to get out of there. I know, it's annoying to have that Flash or Cut stuck on the Pokemon, but imagine if you got rid of it while behind some trees or in a dark area? Or what if you accidentally erased Fly? Of course, this can be solved by reteaching your Pokemon the HM move (provided they still can be used multiple times). But alas, I feel like they need to reinvent the HM system altogether.

I'm not sure if it was in this thread but I thought of a move holder type item. So an item that holds a specific move in case you ever need it. So like if you did get rid of Fly or something, instead you would put fly in the move holder item, and if you got stuck you can use the move item holder to switch moves temporarily until you got unstuck and then you switch the moves again when you want to get rid of fly or something. I see the move item holder being a key item capable of only holding one move (at a time), just so you don't have all of these moves in your bag, that can be used cheaply (like TM moves). It could also be limited to a single Pokemon (at a time), and when you want to use the item on a different Pokemon, the move holder item resets, probably would have to have it say it can't get rid of HM moves however.

Or perhaps, maybe a "rescue" or "Unstuck" option in the main menu, which when you use it cuts your money in half as if you actually lost a Pokemon and then teleports you to the last Pokemon Center.

Well, since HM's can be reused endlessly, and now that there's no PC to store them, you'll always be carrying them with you, so if you get stuck, just reteach the move to your Pokémon.

Well, since HM's can be reused endlessly, and now that there's no PC to store them, you'll always be carrying them with you, so if you get stuck, just reteach the move to your Pokémon.
Yes, I say that in my post.

That's a good opinion. One that I agree with. My stance is: "Anything goes". So if they want to make the starter a dual-type throughout the entire evolutionary line (ala Bulbasaur Grass/Poison), then I'd be okay with it. As a matter of fact, some ideas for starters I can't envision be done in any other fashion. Or, say they want to give all 3 of them the same secondary typing. I'd be cool with that.

I wouldn't mind much either. In fact, if they decided the starters should be included, I'll be pretty happy since I wouldn't have to worry about evolving my starter early if I didn't want to.

There's the problem if with what move you got rid of in the first place. If it's a good move you wanted to keep and your Pokemon has a moveset you really like, reteaching is the last thing you would want to do. I agree with V Faction that the HM system needs to be reinvented; it feels like too much trouble for something simple.

You can get a pokemon whit a HM through trade, not all, but think of Dive, if you got it through trade, you don't have to get it from Steven since one of your pokemon already knows it. I for one don't want to be stuck underwater :/

Last edited:
They're actually capable of longer names, since the Japanese uses syllables while English uses single sounds for the most part. For example, Hayashigame can fit if written out in Japanese, but it's one letter too long when written out with the Roman Alphabet.
Of course I meant by character count. 5 characters for a nickname or a player name is as ridiculous as the English limits. I know how Japanese kana works.

Re: Things that should go away.

Please, no Zubats. Zubat should be Nat Dex only for Gen V. Every time I see one I die a little inside :(

Nintendo screwed zubat. It's not half bad, but they HAD TO put it in E V E R Y S I N G L E D U N G E O N in the world!!!!!

i want to see in Gen V.:banana::banana:

- 6 slots for attacks , having 4 is simply too little.:boom:
- compressing the number of HM´s in the game. surf , dive , waterfall could be one HM move.
- more Ingame events. make some rare pokemon into events,
- More scripted events ,
- TWO player Mode. or wifi mode. Play a game together with your friend. get badges , trade , battle, challenge trainers , IN-GAME.
- Improved Heartgold , soulsilver , walking pokemon mode. pokemon being able to interact with each other at times.

Anyone Agree to these???:spin::mallet:

Thats all for now....:unworthy:

I had an idea a while ago - what if they just had one starter, and then that branched out into three evolutionary lines? Like, you start off with say, a ground type or whatever, and then it can evolve into a fire, grass or water type like eevee (except they would retain their original type of course). Those would then evolve again eventually, and by that time they would all look very different from one another, having unique stats and move pools.

You can get a pokemon whit a HM through trade, not all, but think of Dive, if you got it through trade, you don't have to get it from Steven since one of your pokemon already knows it. I for one don't want to be stuck underwater :/

Just as you can't get off of your bike while on slopes or in Cycling Road, they can do the same here: if you're underwater and try to make your diving Pokémon forget the move, the game might bring up a massage saying "X-Poké can't forget that move now. Get to the surface first" or something like that thus preventing you to get stuck underwater.

How? You'd need Surf, not Dive.
I meant HMs in general.

Ok. let's put this another way; You go up somewhere and you can't get back, because you are on the other side, there are plenty of dive-places in Hoen were you can dive, then if you go up another place you are in an area that are separated from the rest of the sea.

The only time I felt like Character space was restrictive was when I had to drop a letter in my Sapphire game from the character's name. I tend to name them after their versions and 'SAPPHIRE' just wouldn't fit. It's cases like those where I could see the change being helpful, but it's not on top of my priority list.

Dr_Robotnik said:
I had an idea a while ago - what if they just had one starter, and then that branched out into three evolutionary lines? Like, you start off with say, a ground type or whatever, and then it can evolve into a fire, grass or water type like eevee (except they would retain their original type of course). Those would then evolve again eventually, and by that time they would all look very different from one another, having unique stats and move pools.
So essentially like Wurmple. I like the idea, but not for starters. Starters are supposed to be iconic, rememberable, and marketable. Especially the 1st stages. Having each one be an exact duplicate of one another till the 2nd stage wouldn't fly.

adding more attacks is just removing the strategy.

Plus, Dive is an HM. A pokemon can forget it in the field. Why is their a debate?

And also, there's a fiver character limit in the japanese games because you are expected to type in Japanese.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom